Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

0 hrs
Response Time
83%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Long Connection Main Size

27.02.2018 08:23 #1
We are building a new domestic property (5bed) and require a single house supply. The property is approx. 100m from the existing main. What size MDPE pipe should be installed over the 100m? e.g. 25mm, 32mm OD?
27.02.2018 10:57 #2
Verified representative
Hi paul_ftz,

Thank you for your query.

We are currently seeking clarification from our New Connection Department on this.

We will return with the response shortly.

Regards,
Agata
19.07.2019 12:52 #3
DId you ever get an answer on this?

I have a house that will need 40M long connection from the path(where the water main is) to the house. What is the standard size pipe (hydrodare) used for this connection please?
19.07.2019 13:33 #4
Hi magnethead,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Originally posted by magnethead
DId you ever get an answer on this?

I have a house that will need 40M long connection from the path(where the water main is) to the house. What is the standard size pipe (hydrodare) used for this connection please?

The standard size service pipe for a Domestic property is 25mm. You can see here for further information on connection types and charges www.water.ie/connectio.../connection-charges/.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again.

Thanks,
Daniel
19.07.2019 20:06 #5
Your link doesn't work, but I copied out the right text from it

THanks
https://www.water.ie/connections/information/connection-charges/
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left