N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday-Friday: 10am-6pm

New webtext portal feedback

21.12.2017 10:25 #16
If your contacts have been wiped can you please PM me your name, address, date of birth, username & password. I'll send this on to our tech team. 
1 thank
21.12.2017 10:32 #17
Originally posted by Three: Joolz
If your contacts have been wiped can you please PM me your name, address, date of birth, username & password. I'll send this on to our tech team. 

Thanks, but I'll pass on that - I put my original set in piecemeal and didn't have them in a list anywhere, and had only put a couple into the new interface before those were also wiped.
21.12.2017 10:44 #18
If you'd like me to have this looked into for you feel free to PM me :)
21.12.2017 15:04 #19
Originally posted by Three: Joolz
[...] username & password. I'll send this on to our tech team.

:eek:

Sorry, couldn't resist - what tech team you have they need user's password credentials to repair their account? It's 21st century as far as I know.
1 thank
22.12.2017 09:52 #20
My contacts have been wiped. Is there any way to import contacts into the new system or can you restore what was there? They had been working fine until the weekend.

I'm not comfortable with sending all those private details I'm afraid!

Many thanks!
22.12.2017 10:05 #21
Originally posted by s10001
My contacts have been wiped. Is there any way to import contacts into the new system or can you restore what was there? They had been working fine until the weekend.

I'm not comfortable with sending all those private details I'm afraid!

Many thanks!

If you log into your webtext account there should be an option to restore and import the contacts, can you log in and try this for me please? 
25.12.2017 23:13 #22
I am not terribly happy with the new system.

Very difficult to use from iPad or iPhone. Any option to use an app?
29.12.2017 11:19 #23
Originally posted by embraer170
I am not terribly happy with the new system.

Very difficult to use from iPad or iPhone. Any option to use an app?

Not at the moment, but I'll pass your feedback on to the relevant team. 
02.01.2018 16:28 #24
I suspect Three wants to gradually kill off webtexting. Vodafone is at something similar, having removed much of the functionality from their webtexting system early last year.
3 thanks
02.01.2018 18:40 #25
Originally posted by Quackster
I suspect Three wants to gradually kill off webtexting. Vodafone is at something similar, having removed much of the functionality from their webtexting system early last year.

:eek: :( If I have to text, and I'm near my laptop, a proper keyboard wins every time. I wouldn't even mind paying (same as for sending from phone)
1 thank
28.01.2018 09:53 #26
Originally posted by pgargan

1: Each webtext can be up to 5 messages, or 765 characters. At 160 characters per message, that's 4 x 160 characters and 1 x 125 characters. Why is the 5th message truncated?

2: Are there any plans to allow sending webtexts of 6 or even 7 messages, like was possible on the old O2 system?

3: Can the display be adjusted to show the number of characters remaining in the current message, as well as in the overall webtext? This would be helpful to know if shaving a few characters off what you're writing will result in one less message being required.

4: A linefeed seems to count as 4 characters, when it should only be a single character (0x0A in the GSM spec)

5: Extended characters such as square brackets or the Euro symbol seem to count as 3 characters, when they should only be 2 (0x1B escape character plus the extended code, e.g. 0x1B 0x65 for the Euro symbol).

6: On the old O2 platform, if you clicked Send after your browsing session had expired, the webpage froze but you could still manually copy the contents of the webtext you'd been trying to send. On the new system, clicking Send after your session expires dumps you unceremoniously back at the login page, losing the webtext. Can this be fixed?

7: Do you have any plans to permit saving of Sent webtexts? Three have previously stated that this missing functionality is due to a technical limitation of the new platform. If you'll pardon my bluntness, when do you plan to fix said platform?

Adding two more:

8: You can't schedule a webtext via Safari on iPhone. The date/time picker doesn't appear, even when you request the desktop version of the site.

9: (As called out by other posters) There's no way to view / amend / cancel a scheduled web text.
1 thank
02.05.2018 13:05 #27
Looks like webtext portal still remains in winter time zone. Webtext scheduled for 8:00 arrives at 9:00, the one for 17:30 arrives on 18:30 etc etc etc.

Please wake up these fellas in so-called "tech team" or  employ someone competent maybe?
02.05.2018 15:06 #28
Originally posted by joujoujou
Looks like webtext portal still remains in winter time zone. Webtext scheduled for 8:00 arrives at 9:00, the one for 17:30 arrives on 18:30 etc etc etc.

Please wake up these fellas in so-called "tech team" or  employ someone competent maybe?

Hi joujoujou,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll pass this on to the relevant team now to check out.

Thanks,
Kelly
04.05.2018 12:55 #29
Thank you.

I just wonder if they somehow find out the way how to fix it yet before return of winter time? ;)

Cheers.
17.06.2018 13:15 #30
Looks like it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for "team" (is there any?). My 6 years old nephew changes computer's time zone in less than a minute, BTW. :p
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video