Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

14 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

12.12.2018 09:54 #106
Hi LPHeadstrong ,

Thanks for reaching out to us in regards to this.

When it comes to coverage issue, we do need to take as much information as possible, to be able to investigate the matter.

I have responded to your private message. Please reply at your own convenience. We'll surely assist further.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
02.01.2019 20:42 #107
Same issues here with a two different Moto G5s
Will happen both at my house which has poor signal and in mahon point cork which has great signal,seems to have gotten worse with last month. I'll just be waiting for contact to expire.
03.01.2019 10:58 #108
I had my first experience of this on New Year's day when driving back to Cork. I was using Waze to keep an eye on traffic & noticed it said couldn't reach the internet. This was despite the phone showing a 4g signal. Thought no more of  it  as when I got home the phone hopped onto wifi so all looked ok until I tried to phone someone that evening when the call wouldn't go through. Realised something was up then so rebooted & all working again. Two text messages from earlier in the day came through shortly afterwards. Though all this the phone claimed to have a signal, at my house it shows full bars.
03.01.2019 12:23 #109
Hi greyfoxire/opus ,

In order to locate the issue, we will need to verify the accounts first.

Please send us a Private Message with the phone number, home address and mother's maiden name to validate your accounts.

Once this is complete, we'll certainly investigate the matter further and do our best to assist with this.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
04.01.2019 01:10 #110
Hi Ileana

Thanks for the offer I opened a case again yesterday I got the response

Look for an app that looks like a SIM card, it's either called Tesco Mobile or SIM Toolkit. Then select:
-When Abroad
-Select mode(network selection)
-Manual
-International(if abroad) / National(if in Ireland)
Once that is set up, switch the phone off and on again. Also, make sure that data roaming is switched on.

Can you please ensure that your connection settings are on "Automatic"? You can do this by following this general process on your phone: Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Operators(Carrier); and please ensure that it's on "Automatic" or "Select Automatically".

To be fair this was 4 weeks quicker then the first case I opened for a year ago to get the same resolution,to be fair these settings did seem to improve the situation but not resolve it totally,

Unfortunately I have lost confidence most of my calls these days are via VoIP services like whatsapp or hangouts using wifi, as it's hit and miss if I can receive a call even in high population areas with excellent coverage,

I've 10 months left on my contact if ye would like to wave this I'd be delighted,On the plus side the support has allways been good within the limits of what I'm sure can be said.
04.01.2019 11:55 #111
Hi greyfoxire,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the settings provided did not sorted out the issue in full, we can escalate the matter with the technical team.

Please send us a private message with your phone number, home address and mother's maiden name to validate the account first.

We'll certainly assist further with this.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.
04.01.2019 12:20 #112
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi greyfoxire,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If the settings provided did not sorted out the issue in full, we can escalate the matter with the technical team.

Please send us a private message with your phone number, home address and mother's maiden name to validate the account first.

We'll certainly assist further with this.

Kind Regards,

Ileana.

Hi all,

If this issue has been reported by multiple users at this point in time, wouldn't it be good to escalate it? I mean, I have it... ocasionally, and the only way to know is when I expect a call and it doesn't get through. I get a Whatsapp, restart my phone, then I can get the call.

I pay to have 99% coverage while the phone receives the signal from the carrier (Tesco Mobile). How can I be certain that they are providing service 99% of the time? Signal icon is not enough on the phone. Can you assist with this? Thanks
06.01.2019 17:30 #113
Originally posted by chonix
Signal icon is not enough on the phone.

I've had this issue regularly over the last week after not having it for a while and in most cases I only became aware when the head unit in the car was reporting no signal despite the handset reporting there was. I thought this was weird for the car to report it correctly but not the handset, maybe they get the info from different services.
07.01.2019 11:46 #114
Hi Guys,

We can certainly look into this further. First we would need you to send us a private message with your full names, numbers, addresses and mothers maiden names please? Once we have this we can investigate.

Thanks,
Ryan
07.01.2019 12:06 #115
I'll hold off for a bit. I had switched phones and didn't realise I hadn't changed the "When Abroad" etc settings on the new handset. I'll see how it plays out first since I changed them.
08.01.2019 11:35 #116
Top notch support get it off public forum and take it private.

"Thanks for letting us know. If there is currently no issue then there is not a whole lot we can check at the minute however if the issue reoccurs please let us know so we can investigate. "

the definition of transient issue is it doesn't happen all the time

Ever thing of getting ahead of the curve and perhaps putting people in a position to generate some type of logs that might be of use to stop gather useful info in future.Or do you know whats causing it and this is the "turn it on and off again"  school of support.

Wasting my time ill stick to the original plan and leave my contract expire,
Rubbish paying for a mobile service to use whatsapp and hangouts for calls.

Buyer beware.
3 thanks
08.01.2019 13:19 #117
Hi greyfoxire,

We have responded to your private message. Please try out the settings provided.

If the issue reappears, don't hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Antun
08.01.2019 22:03 #118
Hi Antun 

These would be the same settings that were provided to me on the 13/02/18 the issue persists if an issue is transient i contact support they get me to change a setting and it doesn't appear for 2 days close the case and the next time groundhog day scenario appears again and i get a new person who starts off again asking me to try the sim card in another phone.

At this point I could work for your support team i can parrot the same stock answers,

What about my request to escalate the case to someone who can release me from my contract ignored do i have to go down the comreg route
Its hardly good for any of us.
its hardly good advertising for yourselves but perhaps the veil of taking it to PM masks the fact you are not able to fix this issue as the fault is with the network.
1 thank
19.01.2019 13:56 #119
In the immortal words of Gerry adams, I haven't gone away you know.

No response to my previous post ? Good job ðŸ‘
1 thank
19.01.2019 21:54 #120
My network dropped again today it seems to happen right after I get three messages within an hour trying to force me off the legacy deal and onto the 4g deal of which I have already replied stop in November again in December and yet again this month I have no intentions of leaving the legacy plan I am on and am getting very pissed off at this thing of Tesco trying to force me to take something I do not want even after disabling marketing texts and on 9 separate occasion over 3 months of stating I was not interested.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video