Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

26 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

28.01.2018 21:29 #61
Thought they had actually sorted this out, but NO, went a full two days without a drop, unbelievable I know, but it did actually happen !!

And then today, Sun. the 28th, THREE network drops!!! All in the Dublin suburbs, each time a toggle of "Aircraft Mode" gets me back on network. 

This type of "Service", term used very loosely, is totally UNACCEPTABLE !!
29.01.2018 13:02 #62
From my little investigation - I got extra spare SIM card from Tesco and run both on dual-sim telephone. They both worked pretty similar, showing more or less same 3G signal strength and dropping network same time. Then I changed one into 2G and left the other on 3G - 3G signal shown lower nearly all the time and only 3G SIM continue to drop network. I swap SIM slots and observed the same.
Results - use 2G if you want reliable connection and don't mind slower Internet.

NOTE - the worst of all is that you have to restart telephone completely, as turning off/on in card settings or switching fly mode doesn't work with that issue.
Also there must be number of people not aware of nature of the problem and blaming their cellphone or location instead of poor service.
29.01.2018 19:39 #63
Originally posted by Liverzeb
Nine days!

That i show long I have waited for a response from you.

Nothing.

I really made a major mistake switching to you lot.

Problem still persists and ignored by customer service.

im with tesco a fair while, calls ok, data is crap, nil to bad in carrigaline
29.01.2018 21:28 #64
Cavan town - network dropping for the past few weeks. I have to reboot my phone when I notice to regain signal. I am also finding that there is drop out of my voice for people I am calling. I hear a crackling sound on some calls. There is a problem in connecting calls - call failed etc. I receive texts indicating missed calls when apparently I am in coverage.

I experienced identical issues in January 2017 with a different phone and reported them to TM. Unfortunately the only advice at the time was to "manually search for the network via your settings". I am satisfied based on the number of related issues reported here that this is an intermittent network problem and that requests to investigate these matters in isolation only provide a distraction. I hope that Tesco Mobile will engage.
29.01.2018 23:00 #65
Originally posted by rayjo
Cavan town - network dropping for the past few weeks. I have to reboot my phone when I notice to regain signal. I am also finding that there is drop out of my voice for people I am calling. I hear a crackling sound on some calls. There is a problem in connecting calls - call failed etc. I receive texts indicating missed calls when apparently I am in coverage.

I experienced identical issues in January 2017 with a different phone and reported them to TM. Unfortunately the only advice at the time was to "manually search for the network via your settings". I am satisfied based on the number of related issues reported here that this is an intermittent network problem and that requests to investigate these matters in isolation only provide a distraction. I hope that Tesco Mobile will engage.

crap service in cork
29.01.2018 23:01 #66
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Nine days!

That i show long I have waited for a response from you.

Nothing.

I really made a major mistake switching to you lot.

Problem still persists and ignored by customer service.

Hi Liverzeb,

We're not trying to ignore out customers as that's not how we work. We replied to your first post here on boards the same day you sent it. Can you tell us what platform you are waiting for a response on?

Thanks,
Ryan

You asked me to send you a private message - I did and have had no response. I gave you the details you asked for and tried your suggestion - without success. Constantly slipping out of coverage - have to restart phone several times a day or manually select the network maybe 10 times a day - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

dont agree with pm, shoulb be out front
15.02.2018 21:38 #67
i have exactly the same problem as posted by the multitude of users on this thread.  "no service" appears randomly, and the only way to get it back is to toggle flight mode or restart the phone.  this basically makes the phone completely useless as it can never be relied on to receive a call.  i have tried several phones and they all suffer the same problem, similarly none of the phones suffer any connectivity problems when using a SIM from another network like vodafone.  this problem has been going on for all of the 6 months that i have had a contract with Tesco. i would like to break the contract immediately due to the lack of service delivery that i am paying for, as confirmed by all the users on this thread.  i won't be asking for a refund but any trouble with getting out of the contract and i will be straight to comreg using this thread as ample evidence of the obvious technical faults that have not been resolved.  i did already go through tech support several months ago and received the same nonsense that other users have reported, suggesting that my local mast may have a technical issue and it was being upgraded etc and i should be fine in a month or two.  This is completely bogus and suggests a far bigger problem with the Tesco mobile network.  if there is a valid technical explanation for the phones losing service then i would be interested to hear it posted publicly on this thread, but spare me the requests to go through scripted tech support.  
1 thank
15.02.2018 21:50 #68
It's awful and frustrating. Today the phone nearly went threw the window. Going to see about cancelling my contract too. What's the point of having lots of data etc if you never have network
2 thanks
19.02.2018 11:16 #69
Hi timmer3,

Please give us a chance to look into this for you once more. Send us a private message in here, with your details (phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name) and we'll check the notes on the account to see all the troubleshooting done so far and advise further.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset, to speak directly with an agent.

Regards,
Ileana.
19.02.2018 22:02 #70
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi timmer3,

Please give us a chance to look into this for you once more. Send us a private message in here, with your details (phone number, full name, home address and mother's maiden name) and we'll check the notes on the account to see all the troubleshooting done so far and advise further.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset, to speak directly with an agent.

Regards,
Ileana.

PM sent
20.02.2018 12:59 #71
Hi timmer3,

Thanks for this.

We have sent you a reply also. Please respond at your own convenience.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Regards,

Ileana.
13.03.2018 12:49 #72
Contacting customer service is a waste of time.  Today was the 3rd time that I contacted them.  Each time they tell me to replace the sim card or try my sim in another phone.  Each time I tell them I've already done that.  Each time they log a "ticket" with Tech Support and tell me that somebody will be in contact in 3 to 5 business days.  Nobody ever contacts me.  When I call customer service again they say that Tech Support looked at the signal in my area and saw that there was no problem, and then closed the file!

All that happens when you call customer care is they tell you to change the sim card and try your sim in somebody else's phone.  Even when you tell them you've already done that, they just keep repeating it like they're robots.  They're reading from a checklist that was supplied to them and they have no choice but to keep repeating it to you!

Notice the multitude of posters on here that are experiencing this issue, going back to November last year.  Notice that not one person has posted on here to say that the problem has been resolved for them.
Ileana, Luke, Ryan, and any other Tesco Rep, have the decency to acknowledge that you don't know what's causing this problem and you don't know how to fix it.  Stop wasting everyone's time.
13.03.2018 12:56 #73
@Rataan, fully agree with everything you've said. my experience over the past week backs this up, yet again no follow up from technical support despite going to some lengths to provide them with a detailed report of what was happening. thankfully i will never have to deal with them again because i have now switched to vodafone. here is a PM from Natalie sent 21 days ago. the lack of responses says it all:

Hi Tim,

I have logged all of that information with our technical team, your reference number for this is XXX, we would advise 5-10 working days before we receive an update on this.

Thanks,
Natalie.
14.03.2018 15:09 #74
Hi Rataan,

I understand how you feel in regards to this. I can see that all the troubleshooting steps were followed and by reading your message, I conclude that the issue is still there.

If you need us to take the matter further and look into different options to get this sorted, do not hesitate to send us a private message in here. Please include your full name, home address and mother's maiden name and we'll surely advise further.

Thanks,

Ileana.
14.03.2018 15:16 #75
Wow. To all the Tesco Mobile customers out there, this is what you are up against: a known issue that has been confirmed by so many users AND confirmed by Tesco mobile tech support AND for which they are still asking the customer if they would like to get it sorted???????
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
I conclude that the issue is still there.
If you need us to take the matter further and look into different options to get this sorted...
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video