Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

08.01.2018 21:25 #46
^^^^^^
Exact same for me too.
08.01.2018 22:34 #47
^^^
TM's coverage map is a copy of Three's. It certainly appears to be false advertising and perhaps someone should mention it to the relevant people to get it checked out....

http://www.citizensinf...mer_advertising.html

In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices.
1 thank
08.01.2018 23:05 #48
Same issue here.

CLEARLY THERE IS AN ISSUE ON THE NETWORK.

Tescomobile is a MVNO so the issue should be fairly straightforward to resolve.

As soon as another network has a decent offer to port, I am out of here along with my partner, both my parents, my partners mother and my brother. It's a complete shambles (as are their smaller grocery stores)
09.01.2018 08:18 #49
Deja Vu.
Delighted to find this thread. I'm having the same network dropping problems. Also when I have no network connection I have no voicemail service.
I raised a ticket for this online months ago and Tesco didn't even bother to respond.
I'm currently job seeking and am missing potential job interview offers as my phone may be 'out of service' when someone calls. How bad does that look if someone thinks I gave the wrong mobile number on an application.
It's clear from this two month long thread that Tesco are incapable of providing the service that I am paying for.
09.01.2018 11:40 #50
Originally posted by Username Exists.

It's clear from this two month long thread that Tesco are incapable of providing the service that I am paying for.

It's more than 2 months!  I was a TM customer until March 2017.  I started this thread https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057720866/1 back then, as I was fed up of the terrible service. Can't imagine how bad it is now.... 

Port and move to a provider who have their own masts - ideally Vodafone if you can afford it, Eir otherwise. I have both services and find the Vodafone network superior - calls connect quicker and their 4G data seems more robust - but then you pay more.
09.01.2018 12:30 #51
Hi Username Exists.

Please send us a private message in here, with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for verification purposes first.

We'll surely check the coverage at your local address and advise further.

However, if the troubleshooting suggested from our end, will not sort out the reception issue, we'll have this escalated further with our Technical team.

If you wish to speak directly with an agent, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,
Ileana.
09.01.2018 12:51 #52
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi Username Exists.

Please send us a private message in here, with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name for verification purposes first.

We'll surely check the coverage at your local address and advise further.

However, if the troubleshooting suggested from our end, will not sort out the reception issue, we'll have this escalated further with our Technical team.

If you wish to speak directly with an agent, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,
Ileana.

Hi

I've spoken with customer care. 
10.01.2018 09:37 #53
Hi Username Exists.

I hope the issue is now sorted for you or at least it's being investigated!

Please, do not hesitate to contact us again, should you have any other query in the future!

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Regards,
Ileana.
10.01.2018 19:47 #54
Hi Username Exists.

I've been given the standard 'Our technical team will look into it and never contact you' answer.
10.01.2018 20:54 #55
I've been given the standard 'Our technical team will look into it and never contact you' answer.

As most of us have realised already the only solution to bad service from Tesco Mobile is to switch elsewhere. Support is a joke and waste of time.
10.01.2018 22:21 #56
Category Moderator

*not anymore

Attached Images

13.01.2018 11:32 #57
Verified representative
Hi Username Exists.

Hi Username Exists,

Thanks for letting us know about the situation. If you can send us a PM with your name, address, mobile number and mothers maiden name we can check the progress for you?

Btw, we also have an in-app messaging service available so if you wish to get in touch with us through this, simply download the Tesco Mobile app, log-in and you can chat with a member of our Customer Care team at your own convenience.

Thanks,
Luke
15.01.2018 07:30 #58
I'm having the exact same problem that is being reported here.  I sent a private message to the Tesco Reps to report this.  I received a reply from a Rep requesting more details, which I provided.  That was 11 days ago and I've heard nothing back since.  This issue is going on a long time, have they managed to fix it for anybody?  Do they even care?
15.01.2018 07:44 #59
Originally posted by Karsini
Not true. Tesco and Lyca are on the old O2 (272-02) network only. ID and VM are on the actual Three (272-05) network.

It wont be fixed. Tesco are cheaper than can realistically run a real network, so instead they get the old 02 network which is just rotting with little upkeep and no upgrades.

Eventually itll end and tesco mobile will either shut down or become more expensive. 
15.01.2018 19:25 #60
Hi Rataan,

I have looked into previous messages sent and have just sent a reply.

Please respond at your own convenience and hopefully we'll get this sorted for you.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,

Ileana.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image