Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
96%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

15.12.2017 10:28 #31
I am having the same issue here as everyone one else.Phone keeps dropping signal during the day a number of times and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone.Have missed  calls and texts messages because of this.

Also been to Tesco phone shop where the sim was changed out and it didn't help matters at all.Phone setting are all correct so it not the phone as I tried my wife's sim in it with no loss of signal (vodafone).

So are Tesco Mobile going to fix this problem?
15.12.2017 19:13 #32
Originally posted by barry75
I am having the same issue here as everyone one else.Phone keeps dropping signal during the day a number of times and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone.Have missed  calls and texts messages because of this.

Also been to Tesco phone shop where the sim was changed out and it didn't help matters at all.Phone setting are all correct so it not the phone as I tried my wife's sim in it with no loss of signal (vodafone).

So are Tesco Mobile going to fix this problem?

Hi Barry,

We have since replied to your PM get back to us when you have a chance.

Thanks,
Ryan
1 thank
20.12.2017 15:37 #33
Got a PM today stating that the network is fine so therefore, the inherent inference is, that it must be my phone.

Well as I said before the phone functioned PERFECTLY with a 3 SIM in it for a week and also while abroad.

MY PHONE FAULTY ??? I don't think so............

Come on TM sort it out !!
20.12.2017 16:02 #34
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Got a PM today stating that the network is fine so therefore, the inherent inference is, that it must be my phone.

Well as I said before the phone functioned PERFECTLY with a 3 SIM in it for a week and also while abroad.

I think we're all getting pawned off with the same excuse, cause I was told basically the same thing, that its probably a sim or phone issue. Its nonsense now at this stage as there are so many of us with the same issue.
20.12.2017 16:12 #35
Originally posted by Hendrickp

I think we're all getting pawned off with the same excuse, cause I was told basically the same thing, that its probably a sim or phone issue. Its nonsense now at this stage as there are so many of us with the same issue.

Exactly!!
And not just on this thread, look across the forum.........

It appears as if it is now TM's policy to just "go through the motions", do nothing and deny that it is their fault while happily taking your money for a product that is sub standard and is rapidly approaching (if not already reached) "Not Fit For Purpose".
2 thanks
21.12.2017 12:29 #36
Hi Hendrickp,

Please allow us to look into this further for you and get the issue sorted. If all the troubleshooting steps were done and you still experience issues with the coverage, we will take all your details and raise a ticket with the technical team to have this resolved.

Please send us a PM in here and include your details - phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, to have the account verified first.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,
Ileana.
21.12.2017 12:35 #37
Hi Sparkrite,

That's definitely not the type of experience we like to see our customers having!

Please give us one more chance to have this investigated further for you. If you wish to send us a PM in here with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, we will raise a ticket with the relevant team to look into the coverage at your home location.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Regards,

Ileana.
21.12.2017 21:02 #38
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ileana
Hi Sparkrite,

That's definitely not the type of experience we like to see our customers having!

Please give us one more chance to have this investigated further for you. If you wish to send us a PM in here with your full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, we will raise a ticket with the relevant team to look into the coverage at your home location.

Just to let you know, if you need an instant reply, you can also contact us through the service "Chat Now" from our website, where you can speak live with an agent.

Regards,

Ileana.

Hi Ileana,
Thank you for your reply and let me concur with you that it is also not the type of experience I like to be having !

AFAIK another ticket has being raised for this issue and I am getting somewhat tired of having to supply the same details over and over again pertaining to the unsolved original complaint.
23.12.2017 20:27 #39
So what is wrong now? Another mast down? Or will you just admit your network is not fit for purpose. Release people from tbeir contracts and spend some time and money to get it fixed.
24.12.2017 00:10 #40
I can't understand why anyone would even contemplate using this network.  It's using very old 3G masts from the O2 days.  If you want a premium network look no further than Vodafone, yes it's a little more expensive but you pay for what you get.
25.12.2017 20:16 #41
27.12.2017 13:04 #42
Hi Sparkrite,

Sorry for the delay! I understand your frustration in regards to the current issue. 

If a ticket to investigate the coverage was logged already, as soon as you send us a private message in here, we will provide an update for you. To be able to do so, we will need to verify the account and check the notes left under Coverage, first.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Regards,
Ileana.
27.12.2017 13:08 #43
Hi Liverzeb,

If you are experiencing coverage issues, at your home address, please send us a private message in here and we will look into this further for you.

Please include the following details: full name, phone number, home address and mother's maiden name, to be able to verify the account first.

Regards,
Ileana.
31.12.2017 17:49 #44

brilliant stuff, they just said the same thing to me today. I've the exact same problem as you, today I've had zero network connection since midday. they've now told me the brand new s7 they gave me three months ago is faulty too. I'd love to know the technicians that come up with these diagnostics.
08.01.2018 20:59 #45
Thought things had improved as it seemed to have behaved itself by not dropping the network for the last two days or so, but NO, three times today !!!

Speaking to a mate, also on TM and he has EXACTLY the same problem, ie., sporadically dropping network, quick on/off of airplane mode and its back. Totally different phone to mine.

Come on, for Gods sake TM, and sort it out.

Way too many people suffering the same problem for it to be down to the customers equipment.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video