Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

28 hrs
Response Time
82%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

28.11.2017 11:31 #16
I am also having the same issue and has been ongoing for awhile. My phone will randomly drop coverage and I have tried all the usual things to pick it up again, manually selecting the network turning on and off the phone. It will take hours for it to pick up again.

Really poor service my contract is finished in January and I wont be staying with the Tesco mobile due to the quality of the service.
28.11.2017 11:38 #17
Originally posted by tina1040
Originally posted by white apples
I'm also having this issue as is my housemate. Phone keeps switching to No Service randomly. Have tried selecting the carrier manually but it doesn't fix it.  Are you able to help?

I have no service for about the last hour apart from a few seconds it was on one bar. Is there a problem with the network?
I have turned off the phone a few times and still no service.

Just saw a twitter message when looking for customer service phone number on the pc. There appears to be a technical fault this morning. hopefully that's all that's affecting my phone.
28.11.2017 11:42 #18
same, both personal and work phone totally down
28.11.2017 11:47 #19
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Originally posted by Liverzeb
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Nine days!

That i show long I have waited for a response from you.

Nothing.

I really made a major mistake switching to you lot.

Problem still persists and ignored by customer service.

Hi Liverzeb,

We're not trying to ignore out customers as that's not how we work. We replied to your first post here on boards the same day you sent it. Can you tell us what platform you are waiting for a response on?

Thanks,
Ryan

You asked me to send you a private message - I did and have had no response. I gave you the details you asked for and tried your suggestion - without success. Constantly slipping out of coverage - have to restart phone several times a day or manually select the network maybe 10 times a day - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

Hi Liverzeb,

We can't seem to locate your message. Apologies about this. Can you please resend your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name in a private message so we can help get this sorted?

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent

Hi Liverzeb,

Responded to your PM there now. Please feel free to get back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Luke

Hi - I think consideration should be given to release me from my contract - I am currently unable to use the phone I am paying you every month to use - not sure how this is in any way a service I should be paying for.
Last edited by Liverzeb: 28.11.2017 at 11:52.
28.11.2017 11:49 #20
Welcome to Tesco Mobile. The network with no service… literally.

It’s happened to my wife and I for the last year now. On iPhone 5s, iPhone 7 and now iPhone X. No matter what phone or what iOS. It’s always the same.

We even changed SIM cards the other day but it made no difference. Always dropping to no service intermittently. It’s even worse the last couple of months. As now it drops service after receiving or sending a text or after receiving or making a phone call.

And on the phone it’s like we are talking through tin cans and a piece of string.

Now for the last hour there has been no service everywhere.
28.11.2017 11:53 #21
Originally posted by mad muffin
Welcome to Tesco Mobile. The network with no service… literally.

It’s happened to my wife and I for the last year now. On iPhone 5s, iPhone 7 and now iPhone X. No matter what phone or what iOS. It’s always the same.

We even changed SIM cards the other day but it made no difference. Always dropping to no service intermittently. It’s even worse the last couple of months. As now it drops service after receiving or sending a text or after receiving or making a phone call.

And on the phone it’s like we are talking through tin cans and a piece of string.

Now for the last hour there has been no service everywhere.

ive noticed it dropping after every call too, nuisance 
28.11.2017 12:54 #22
Verified representative
Hi Everyone,

We're currently tracking a technical issue on the network which is affecting some of our customers calls and texts. We've received an update that the Data Service should be working. We are working to have the calls/texts services restored as soon as possible and we'll send an update once we have more information.

We thank you for your continued patience during this time.

Thanks again,
Luke
12.12.2017 20:27 #23
Have been with TM for a few years now and have experienced the good and the BAD, but recently it has become so bad that it is practically, totally, useless!!

I have a Huawei P8 and it sporadically, up to 7/8 times daily, drops network, which means missed calls/texts/data etc. and unless I keep checking the phone I have no idea when this occurs, so that I may re-connect. A quick flick on/off of Airplane mode and I'm back with service !!!
But, obviously, completely useless as a phone.

Now, I have tried 2 SIM changes, incidentally I had to go into a TM shop to aquire each SIM even though TWO CS reps said they would send me out a replacement, neither did !!

I also gave the phone to my son for a week, using his 3 SIM, and not once did it drop signal, repeat, NOT ONCE. Also I am just back from 5 days in Poland and while using my TM SIM there it never dropped the network whilst there, IMHO proving phone and SIM are fully functional .

So, please do not fob me off with standard "fixes" like, restart phone/try different SIMs/Manually select carrier/Check APN etc. I know my phone and I know all the settings that affect signal and I know where I will receive best signal strengths.

This problem is NOT the phone or SIM but is some problem within TMs network setup, and, as can be seen by the number of people suffering much the same problem, it has not been addressed.

Please TM, get to the root of this or I will be yet another customer "defecting".
Last edited by Sparkrite: 12.12.2017 at 21:54.
13.12.2017 12:21 #24
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Now, I have tried 2 SIM changes, incidentally I had to go into a TM shop to aquire each SIM even though TWO CS reps said they would send me out a replacement, neither did !!

Wow, I read your post and for a second I thought I had written it. I've had all the same issues and I also had the pleasure of dealing with the amazing disappearing SIM cards. I was told it was sent and when I contacted them back to get another one issued I was told I'd had to go and buy one myself.

I think Tescos distraction tactics are starting to come light.
13.12.2017 17:55 #25
Verified representative
Originally posted by Sparkrite
Have been with TM for a few years now and have experienced the good and the BAD, but recently it has become so bad that it is practically, totally, useless!!

I have a Huawei P8 and it sporadically, up to 7/8 times daily, drops network, which means missed calls/texts/data etc. and unless I keep checking the phone I have no idea when this occurs, so that I may re-connect. A quick flick on/off of Airplane mode and I'm back with service !!!
But, obviously, completely useless as a phone.

I also gave the phone to my son for a week, using his 3 SIM, and not once did it drop signal, repeat, NOT ONCE. Also I am just back from 5 days in Poland and while using my TM SIM there it never dropped the network whilst there, IMHO proving phone and SIM are fully functional .

So, please do not fob me off with standard "fixes" like, restart phone/try different SIMs/Manually select carrier/Check APN etc. I know my phone and I know all the settings that affect signal and I know where I will receive best signal strengths.

This problem is NOT the phone or SIM but is some problem within TMs network setup, and, as can be seen by the number of people suffering much the same problem, it has not been addressed.

Please TM, get to the root of this or I will be yet another customer "defecting".

Hi Sparkrite,

We understand your frustration. Can you send us a PM with your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name so we can investigate this for you please?

Thanks,
Ryan
13.12.2017 18:07 #26
PM sent Ryan.

But I'm sure you'll understand if I don't "hold my breath" awaiting a successful remedy.

However thank you for your response.
14.12.2017 07:12 #27
Myself and my wife moved over from three and we are also experiencing the same issues other posters are saying.

Drops randomly in different areas have to restart phone and manually select a network.

Obiously we are all in different areas of the country with different phones must mean there is a serious issue with the tesco network.

You guys need to stsrt resolving.this phenomenon before people start to break contracts and leave tesco.
14.12.2017 12:54 #28
Why is my 4G signal dropping all the time to 3G?
14.12.2017 13:06 #29
There is no 4G on the Tesco Mobile network.
14.12.2017 14:08 #30
Originally posted by mad muffin
There is no 4G on the Tesco Mobile network.

Thanks Mad Muffin, I'm new to TM, I didn't know that, So im only getting 2G?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video