Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

16 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

New Tesco Mobile customer - network keeps dropping

14.11.2017 09:23 #1
Hi - very frustrating as I am formerly a three customer and had the same problem a coupe of years ago but it had resolved itself so I assumed moving to you guys would be OK as you use the three network. However it keeps happening to me again since I moved to Tesco Mobile and is really annoying because I am missing calls and getting texts hours later than I should if I don't notice the network is gone.

Is there some setting I can use so the phone will find the network again automatically as I tend to have to restart the phone when this happens and then it works again. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Regards

Colin
1 thank
14.11.2017 13:44 #2
Originally posted by Liverzeb
Hi - very frustrating as I am formerly a three customer and had the same problem a coupe of years ago but it had resolved itself so I assumed moving to you guys would be OK as you use the three network. However it keeps happening to me again since I moved to Tesco Mobile and is really annoying because I am missing calls and getting texts hours later than I should if I don't notice the network is gone.

Is there some setting I can use so the phone will find the network again automatically as I tend to have to restart the phone when this happens and then it works again. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7.

Regards

Colin

Hey Colin,

I understand where your coming from as that can be very frustrating missing calls and texts. Can you try selecting the network manually on the handset by going to settings, more networks, mobile networks and then network operators. Can you also send us a private message with your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name so we can make sure everything is ok on that end?

Thanks,
Ryan
23.11.2017 08:35 #3
Nine days!

That i show long I have waited for a response from you.

Nothing.

I really made a major mistake switching to you lot.

Problem still persists and ignored by customer service.
1 thank
23.11.2017 10:21 #4
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

We're not trying to ignore out customers as that's not how we work. We replied to your first post here on boards the same day you sent it. Can you tell us what platform you are waiting for a response on?

Thanks,
Ryan
23.11.2017 11:31 #5
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

We're not trying to ignore out customers as that's not how we work. We replied to your first post here on boards the same day you sent it. Can you tell us what platform you are waiting for a response on?

Thanks,
Ryan

You asked me to send you a private message - I did and have had no response. I gave you the details you asked for and tried your suggestion - without success. Constantly slipping out of coverage - have to restart phone several times a day or manually select the network maybe 10 times a day - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

23.11.2017 11:31 #6
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

Thanks,
Ryan

You asked me to send you a private message - I did and have had no response. I gave you the details you asked for and tried your suggestion - without success. Constantly slipping out of coverage - have to restart phone several times a day or manually select the network maybe 10 times a day - sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

23.11.2017 11:36 #7
My parents have the same problem. I dont even think Tesco know what is causing it. It happens to my mother more than the father for some reason. To be fair Tesco have tried to help but i honestly think they dont know why its happening so it has not been sorted. It got worse when my mother got a new phone. Changed the phone again and it keeps happening. They are both changing to Vodafone come the weekend.
1 thank
23.11.2017 11:47 #8
Happened to me a few years ago with Three but it resolved itself (they didn't know how to fix it either) until i switched to Tesco. Unfortunately I am now stuck in a contract with Tesco so can't move network.
23.11.2017 11:48 #9
Happened to me a few years ago with Three but it resolved itself (they didn't know how to fix it either) until i switched to Tesco. Unfortunately I am now stuck in a contract with Tesco so can't move network.

I wonder could this be a valid reason to break the contract. How do they expect you to pay for something you are not getting.
1 thank
23.11.2017 15:15 #10
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Liverzeb,

We can't seem to locate your message. Apologies about this. Can you please resend your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name in a private message so we can help get this sorted?

Thanks,
Ryan
23.11.2017 15:32 #11
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Liverzeb,

We can't seem to locate your message. Apologies about this. Can you please resend your full name, number, address and mothers maiden name in a private message so we can help get this sorted?

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent
23.11.2017 17:45 #12

Regards

Colin

The thing is, they don't. They only use what's left of the old O2 network.
1 thank
27.11.2017 09:36 #13
Verified representative
Nine days!

Nothing.

Hi Liverzeb,

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Liverzeb,

Thanks,
Ryan

Sent

Hi Liverzeb,

Responded to your PM there now. Please feel free to get back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,
Luke
28.11.2017 11:10 #14
I'm also having this issue as is my housemate. Phone keeps switching to No Service randomly. Have tried selecting the carrier manually but it doesn't fix it.  Are you able to help?
28.11.2017 11:20 #15
Originally posted by white apples
I'm also having this issue as is my housemate. Phone keeps switching to No Service randomly. Have tried selecting the carrier manually but it doesn't fix it.  Are you able to help?

I have no service for about the last hour apart from a few seconds it was on one bar. Is there a problem with the network?
I have turned off the phone a few times and still no service.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video