Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Do NOT switch mortgage to KBC

14.06.2019 14:59 #46
Originally posted by AskKBC: Amanda
I am sorry for the issues you have experienced in switching your mortgage. Can you please PM me your contact details as we would really like to get more information on the issues you’ve had so that we can address them?

Originally posted by AskKBC: Niamh
Hi grogi, Thanks for your post. We do appreciate all of this feedback and are feeding it back to the relevant teams in here. In relation to your comment regarding the name on your wife's debit card, would you mind PM'ing me your details as we would like to investigate this further. Thanks, Niamh

Classic cop out.
14.06.2019 20:04 #47
Originally posted by TCM
Originally posted by AskKBC: Amanda
I am sorry for the issues you have experienced in switching your mortgage. Can you please PM me your contact details as we would really like to get more information on the issues you’ve had so that we can address them?

Originally posted by AskKBC: Niamh
Hi grogi, Thanks for your post. We do appreciate all of this feedback and are feeding it back to the relevant teams in here. In relation to your comment regarding the name on your wife's debit card, would you mind PM'ing me your details as we would like to investigate this further. Thanks, Niamh

Classic cop out.

what answer would have been a cop in??
16.06.2019 11:40 #48
@cornflake1
The house value will be greater today than two years ago and you'll need to have it valued either way. 
20.06.2019 13:44 #49
Originally posted by slongwill
@cornflake1
The house value will be greater today than two years ago and you'll need to have it valued either way. 

You would need to be pure stark raving mad to go near KBC ! They are a complete disaster and I wouldn't sleep at night if they were supposedly minding one euro of mine. 

After my spending months trying to get my banking working with them I abandoned and told them to close all of the accounts because they had my head done in with total incompetence - seemingly coming from a different teenager on their helpdesk calling me when they should have been mailing or sorting the issues without any need for my involvement. 

Been there -- don't do it you will be sorry !
1 thank
05.02.2020 10:15 #50
 It's important new forum users get to read this thread so it's not lost down the forum
(to be kept informed....)
10.06.2020 16:09 #51
Originally posted by cornflake1
Thinking of switching mortgage to KBC. Are they still a disaster?

We are currently trying to get mortgage approval with them. Switcher mortgage! Total nightmare to deal with. They cant follow our accounts and have rang asking where payments are going as they cant be found. Asked me what "broadband" meant on my bank statement!!! Also accused me of not paying my mortgage since covid started as I used to withdraw cash to lodge into mortgage account pre covid but not pay by bank transfer, but as banks are now closed (????) I couldnt be paying my mortgage. Also asked me was I not claiming "the state money". They meant children's allowance but didnt call it that. Documents all sent in 3 weeks ago and still no closer to getting approval. Giving up now. Just need to send a letter to close the current account I had opened with them to get the lower rate. 
2 thanks
10.06.2020 16:16 #52
Originally posted by Sammy2012
Originally posted by cornflake1
Thinking of switching mortgage to KBC. Are they still a disaster?

We are currently trying to get mortgage approval with them. Switcher mortgage! Total nightmare to deal with. They cant follow our accounts and have rang asking where payments are going as they cant be found. Asked me what "broadband" meant on my bank statement!!! Also accused me of not paying my mortgage since covid started as I used to withdraw cash to lodge into mortgage account pre covid but not pay by bank transfer, but as banks are now closed (????) I couldnt be paying my mortgage. Also asked me was I not claiming "the state money". They meant children's allowance but didnt call it that. Documents all sent in 3 weeks ago and still no closer to getting approval. Giving up now. Just need to send a letter to close the current account I had opened with them to get the lower rate. 

I'm confused. What does   'I couldnt be paying my mortgage.' mean? Is the 'state money' not the Covid19 PUP or WSS? But, I'm having trouble with the person you were talking to not understanding what Broadband meant. 
10.06.2020 16:50 #53
Clear to see not much has changed in 3yrs. Still trying to escape their claws, their breakout fee before Xmas was higher than I'd be willing to give, must check back with them again soon.
10.06.2020 16:57 #54
Originally posted by chicken foot
Clear to see not much has changed in 3yrs. Still trying to escape their claws, their breakout fee before Xmas was higher than I'd be willing to give,  must check back with them again soon.

Why are you trying to break away from practically cheapest mortgage going. Presumably you're on a fixed rate currently. If it makes economic sense pay the extra interest rate or wait until you have ended the fixed rate period when it returns to variable and there are no 'break out' fees chargeable. 

I cannot see why they'd negotiate a fee less than to what you signed up to - can you?
10.06.2020 17:44 #55
I've just had to back out of a protracted Mortgage switch after 6 months! Between KBC and a useless Solicitor, what a disaster. I'm now on wage Subsidy so told to wait by KBC... I told them I'd had enough.
Agree with earlier posters re run by teenagers. They changed the term from my current mortgage so I had to get a new Life cover quote...Had to figure all that out myself.
Maybe easier if dealing with a Branch? But definitely not online ever again.
Managed to switch Current &visa accounts easily enough.
Last edited by howsshenow: 10.06.2020 at 17:47.
10.06.2020 18:39 #56
Originally posted by Chinese whospers
Why are you trying to break away from practically cheapest mortgage going. Presumably you're on a fixed rate currently. If it makes economic sense pay the extra interest rate or wait until you have ended the fixed rate period when it returns to variable and there are no 'break out' fees chargeable. 

I cannot see why they'd negotiate a fee less than to what you signed up to - can you?

That's the plan now but before Christmas others were getting breakout fees that were very low, a few hundred if that. Said I'd apply and see.
10.06.2020 18:41 #57
Originally posted by howsshenow
I've just had to back out of a protracted Mortgage switch after 6 months! Between KBC and a useless Solicitor, what a disaster. I'm now on wage Subsidy so told to wait by KBC... I told them I'd had enough.
Agree with earlier posters re run by teenagers. They changed the term from my current mortgage so I had to get a new Life cover quote...Had to figure all that out myself.
Maybe easier if dealing with a Branch? But definitely not online ever again.
Managed to switch Current &visa accounts easily enough.

They're the absolute pits really, such a frustrating process all round
1 thank
11.06.2020 11:34 #58
Originally posted by Chinese whospers
I'm confused. What does   'I couldnt be paying my mortgage.' mean? Is the 'state money' not the Covid19 PUP or WSS? But, I'm having trouble with the person you were talking to not understanding what Broadband meant. 

No he meant the "state money" for my kids. AKA childrens allowance! Not any of the income supports available now.

The person I'm dealing with said I couldnt be paying my mortgage now as the banks were closed. I had been withdrawing money in cash from one account and physically lodging it into my mortgage account once a month up to Covid. Since April I have been doing a bank transfer to pay it. The person said "so your not paying your mortgage now that banks are closed?" Eh banks are open and have never closed but just easier to do it by bank transfer now. No idea about the broadband comment. It's pretty clear to me what it means.

Extremely frustrating to deal with it.
11.06.2020 11:43 #59
Going through the switching process with them at the moment. Every few days throws up a new query and appears to restart the 10 day assessment clock. Hopefully, we’ve dealt with the last questions and it won’t take the full time. I would like to think it should be relatively straight forward.

I’ll report back on the experience.
1 thank
11.06.2020 11:51 #60
I went to take a loan out with them a few years ago.
I already had a savings account with them but they put some amount of hurdles in my way.
In the end I got approved by bank of Ireland within 1 hour, and by making repayments weekly I got the cost of the loan down to what KBC were quoting me for using monthly payments
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video