N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Do NOT switch mortgage to KBC

25.10.2017 12:23 #16
I'm with KBC with my mortgage 8 years, few months ago went to open current account with them. Couldn't believe the hassle I had to go through.

Asked me for 2 forms of ID, I only had licence at time couldn't find passport. They insisted on it so had to search house finally sent it.

Also proof of address, I sent them mortgage statement/letters from KBC they couldn't accept them, sent them about 10 other letters from legit companies well known couldn't accept. Utility bills in partners name. Finally got some letters they accepted.

Took me nearly 2 months to open my current account and me with them over 8 years with my mortgage. Mind boggles.

Only I can't switch (neg equity) I would most definitely.

And the way they treat existing customers with 4.25% and EU base rate 0%. And of course offer good rates to new customers to get them on board till they get a chance to screw them somewhere down the line.
4 thanks
25.10.2017 12:27 #17
My wife got a debit card from KBC. With the name spelled wrong (weirdly enough the letter with that card was addressed correctly). The response from KBC was "that's not possible". Later "that's a foreign name, nobody will notice"... 

Pressured to fix it, they eventually did. Four issued cards later... 

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY!? 
4 thanks
25.10.2017 12:53 #18
Originally posted by brendan86
I'm with KBC with my mortgage 8 years, few months ago went to open current account with them. Couldn't believe the hassle I had to go through.

Asked me for 2 forms of ID, I only had licence at time couldn't find passport. They insisted on it so had to search house finally sent it.

Also proof of address, I sent them mortgage statement/letters from KBC they couldn't accept them, sent them about 10 other letters from legit companies well known couldn't accept. Utility bills in partners name. Finally got some letters they accepted.

Took me nearly 2 months to open my current account and me with them over 8 years with my mortgage. Mind boggles.

Only I can't switch (neg equity) I would most definitely.

And the way they treat existing customers with 4.25% and EU base rate 0%. And of course offer good rates to new customers to get them on board till they get a chance to screw them somewhere down the line.

This is just typical of their mind boggling practices - not accepting their own statement as proof!

I don't understand how they're functioning.
1 thank
25.10.2017 12:55 #19
Originally posted by grogi
My wife got a debit card from KBC. With the name spelled wrong (weirdly enough the letter with that card was addressed correctly). The response from KBC was "that's not possible". Later "that's a foreign name, nobody will notice"... 

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY!? 

I have no words...a "foreign" name!!!
25.10.2017 14:51 #20
Verified representative

Seriously?! SERIOUSLY!? 

Hi grogi,
Thanks for your post. We do appreciate all of this feedback and are feeding it back to the relevant teams in here.
In relation to your comment regarding the name on your wife's debit card, would you mind PM'ing me your details as we would like to investigate this further.
Thanks,
Niamh
26.10.2017 11:18 #21
Originally posted by AskKBC: Niamh
Thanks for your post. We do appreciate all of this feedback and are feeding it back to the relevant teams in here.
In relation to your comment regarding the name on your wife's debit card, would you mind PM'ing me your details as we would like to investigate this further.
Thanks,
Niamh

I did officially complained before, and that's how it was eventually resolved. The fact it went that far and the attitude was just ridiculous. 

Don't get me started on KBC Home Insurance, which KBC would not accept to secure the mortgage.
2 thanks
05.12.2017 19:14 #22
Originally posted by chicken foot
On a positive side, while switching you are not under time pressure (contrary to when you are buying) and worse thing that might happen is that you stay with your previous provider. 

Having incurred legal fees over 1200 & other accruing costs that are pushing nearly 2000 - all of which have to be paid regardless if we switch or not? A positive?
DO NOT SWITCH TO THESE CLOWNS!!!
There is nothing unusual in our circumstances, this should have been signed and sealed in six weeks. They are the most inept bunch I've ever experienced. We've had less hassle applying for the original mortgage during the recession.

Hi did you ever get this sorted, you are hardly still waiting at this stage
05.12.2017 19:19 #23
Originally posted by monstermag
I'm with KBC., l never had a problem dealing with them.

TBH I would have said the same thing last year, but I have had nothing but problems this time round from a number of departments.
05.12.2017 19:27 #24
Originally posted by mb67

Hi, yes, it cleared through about four weeks ago, just shy of six months waiting and total fees of 2,750. 2,600 of this was legal fees. My solicitor stated that a normal switch usually costs around 800+vat but due to KBC's inane requests this was the final legal bill.
1 thank
05.12.2017 19:31 #25
Hi, yes, it cleared through about four weeks ago, just shy of six months waiting and total fees of 2,750. 2,600 of this was legal fees. My solicitor stated that a normal switch usually costs around 800+vat but due to KBC's inane requests this was the final legal bill.

Did they give you the 3000 towards legal fees as mentioned earlier in the thread
05.12.2017 19:34 #26
Originally posted by Suresanders
Did they give you the 3000 towards legal fees as mentioned earlier in the thread

Yes, that came in about two weeks after the mortgage cleared through in fairness
1 thank
05.12.2017 19:34 #27

Thanks for getting back, I am happy to hear that you finally got it sorted, I read through your post and found that you experienced much the same as I am still experiencing from them on my tracker trade down, so I was interested to see how it finished up in the end.
05.12.2017 19:38 #28
Thanks for getting back, I am happy to hear that you finally got it sorted, I read through your post and found that you experienced much the same as I am still experiencing from them on my tracker trade down, so I was interested to see how it finished up in the end.

It went extremely quick in the end, as in, money transferred in the space of a day. It doesn't negate the horrendous experience up to that though and I would never advise anyone to move to them.
Not KBC's fault but just to add, due to the bat**** crazy new rebuild figure we were given, our house insurance jumped from about 400 to 640. I managed to get it cheaper elsewhere but lease consider this when switching if you haven't had an evaluation done on your house in a while.
The auctioneer was appointed by KBC.
1 thank
05.12.2017 19:43 #29
My mate opened an account a few months ago, which was a tough enough experience. He then was approved for a loan, also a lengthy process. The paperwork was lost, then some personal information was incorrect once the documents arrived. In the end, he gave up and went to his existing bank and was sorted within 24 hours.

Sometimes small cost savings are just not worth it..
05.12.2017 19:46 #30

It went extremely quick in the end, as in, money transferred in the space of a day. It doesn't negate the horrendous experience up to that though and I would never advise anyone to move to them.
Not KBC's fault but just to add, due to the bat**** crazy new rebuild figure we were given, our house insurance jumped from about 400 to 640. I managed to get it cheaper elsewhere but lease consider this when switching if you haven't had an evaluation done on your house in a while.
The auctioneer was appointed by KBC.

Thanks for that, we will definitely shop around for house insurance, but considering we were with them since their IIB days we thought there would be no problems and when I read your post I thought that the fact you were new business they would be bending over backwards to accomodate you. We have all valuations done and are just waiting on them to close the sale, but what a long time to wait.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video