Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Meteor Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm - 5pm

New prepay SIM, topped up by 20 euro and opted in on data and calls, but says reached

06.09.2017 23:11 #1
Hi there,

I just got a new prepaid SIM and topped it up by 20 euro and texted the opt in for data and calls.  When logged into MyMeteor, it says I still have 19.75 euro as the main balance and says that My Offer is 15GB data and calls, but when I try to connect to mobile data it says that I have reached my data allowance.

Since this is a new SIM, is there a wait time for this to activate?  Why does MyMeteor say that all is well but I cannot use my data?

Thanks!
06.09.2017 23:13 #2
Originally posted by eko
Hi there,

I just got a new prepaid SIM and topped it up by 20 euro and texted the opt in for data and calls.  When logged into MyMeteor, it says I still have 19.75 euro as the main balance and says that My Offer is 15GB data and calls, but when I try to connect to mobile data it says that I have reached my data allowance.

Since this is a new SIM, is there a wait time for this to activate?  Why does MyMeteor say that all is well but I cannot use my data?

Thanks!

Are you using iPhone?
07.09.2017 08:14 #3
Originally posted by eko
Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi there eko

I've responded to your other thread there

-Kyle
07.09.2017 09:33 #4
Originally posted by Meteor: Kyle
Originally posted by eko
Hi there,

Thanks!

Hi there eko

I've responded to your other thread there

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle, but this is not related to the other thread's content.
07.09.2017 09:36 #5
Originally posted by grinder23
Originally posted by eko
Hi there,

Thanks!

Are you using iPhone?

Yep, for this SIM I am using an iPhone 6 Plus.  I checked that Mobile Data is on in the settings.  When I go to Safari to surf a site, it immediately routes to a Meteor page stating that I have no data allowance.

Cheers!
07.09.2017 09:47 #6
Have you ever paid for activating your iPhone iMessages or Facetime?

-Kyle
07.09.2017 09:55 #7

-Kyle

Yes - I used a 3 SIM in it before and had activated iMessage and FaceTime on the phone before switching to this Meteor prepaid SIM.

Thanks!
07.09.2017 10:25 #8
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Yes - I used a 3 SIM in it before and had activated iMessage and FaceTime on the phone before switching to this Meteor prepaid SIM.

Thanks!

When moving to a new network, charges will apply again.  For example, if you move back to your original network, there will be a charge again to activate those features.

-Kyle
07.09.2017 10:49 #9
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

When moving to a new network, charges will apply again.  For example, if you move back to your original network, there will be a charge again to activate those features.

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle, this makes sense.  However, I'm not sure what bearing this has on the core issue of my data allowance being zero having already paid 20 euro and opted in for data.

Thanks!
07.09.2017 13:09 #10
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle, this makes sense.  However, I'm not sure what bearing this has on the core issue of my data allowance being zero having already paid 20 euro and opted in for data.

Thanks!

Once I log into your account, I will assist you further in PMs

-Kyle
07.09.2017 13:17 #11
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Hi there eko

I've looked at the number you have given and they are both billpay contracts so can you please confirm in PMs what the PAYG number is that you're referring to?

-Kyle
07.09.2017 14:38 #12
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Hi there eko

I've looked at the number you have given and they are both billpay contracts so can you please confirm in PMs what the PAYG number is that you're referring to?

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Yep; those bill pay numbers are about a totally different problem, so I'll PM you again with this number.  I posted here to see if someone else was having the same issue.

Thanks.
07.09.2017 14:57 #13
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Hi there eko

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Yep; those bill pay numbers are about a totally different problem, so I'll PM you again with this number.  I posted here to see if someone else was having the same issue.

Thanks.

Okay eko, please let me know then in PMs to say exactly what your exact query is, which accounts you want me to look at & where do you want assistance as I don't want to get our lines crossed. 

Please respond in PMs rather than back here on the wall

-Kyle
07.09.2017 16:39 #14
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko
Originally posted by eko

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Thanks!

-Kyle

Hi there eko

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,

Thanks.

Okay eko, please let me know then in PMs to say exactly what your exact query is, which accounts you want me to look at & where do you want assistance as I don't want to get our lines crossed. 

Please respond in PMs rather than back here on the wall

-Kyle

Okay Kyle, have done so.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right