Irish Water Representatives

9 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Irish Water Refunds information

09.11.2017 10:06 #46
Hi Rose90,

Originally posted by Rose90
Hi,
We lost all our invoice letters after moving to a new address. My husband would now like to register online to update our address but don't remember the account number and wprn. Is there any way we can retrieve them?

Thanks,
Rose

Thank you for your query.

If you are unable to locate your WPRN or Account Number you will need to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 in order to complete additional security requirements. Our team will then be able to provide this information and process your account update. The lines are open from Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5:30pm.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
09.11.2017 11:33 #47
Hi,
It's been more than 1 year that I closed down my account on Irish Water and I can't get to my account page now to see my paid bills. (my shutdown account credentials don't work) I have my WPRN and account number with me but my current address is not subscribed on myself for water.
How can I reach, edit my address just for refund and claim for it?
Thanks,
Emre
09.11.2017 12:09 #48
Hi mr3673,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you've moved out of your property and would like to update your correspondence address for your refund, we will be happy to assist you.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following information:

- Full Name
- Supply Address
- WPRN and/or Account Number

Can you also provide your new correspondence address.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
11.11.2017 22:41 #49
Might sound like a silly question, but here goes...

We have paid every Irish Water bill.  Being from the UK, the water bill didn't present a problem to me as I am used to paying for water.

How does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have?  I know people who have not paid, never have paid, are proud of the fact they never paid yet expect to receive a 'refund'!!
11.11.2017 22:45 #50
Originally posted by MissShihTzu

We have paid every Irish Water bill.  Being from the UK, the water bill didn't present a problem to me as I am used to paying for water.

How does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have?  I know people who have not paid, never have paid, are proud of the fact they never paid yet expect to receive a 'refund'!!

does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have? 

I'm not Irish Water but it's as simple as if they never paid there's nothing to refund...!! 

Every account is linked to an individual and that individual has a bill for each period and balance for each period and that balance was either paid or not paid by the individual. If someone paid then refunds for the amount paid will be issued if someone has not paid there's nothing to be refunded. 
12.11.2017 14:33 #51
Originally posted by highgiant1985
 does/will IW differentiate between those who should have paid and have not and those who have? 

I'm not Irish Water but it's as simple as if they never paid there's nothing to refund...!! 

Every account is linked to an individual and that individual has a bill for each period and balance for each period and that balance was either paid or not paid by the individual. If someone paid then refunds for the amount paid will be issued if someone has not paid there's nothing to be refunded. 

You would think so. But that is not what I hear. I'll wait for the reps' reply, thanks.
12.11.2017 18:00 #52
Originally posted by highgiant1985

You would think so. But that is not what I hear. I'll wait for the reps' reply, thanks.

Old saying "Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear".
13.11.2017 11:00 #53

Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

Refunds will only be issued to account holders who made payments on any bills issued during the billing period. For more information on refunds, you may wish to visit our website wtr.ie/refunds.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
Micheal
1 thank
13.11.2017 12:39 #54
Hi I moved from my property back in 2015. I had been paying the charges up until i left. I am the owner of the house and had it rented to tenants since I moved. I have tried changing my details on my account but no longer cab access the account. I tried calling to. What do you suggest?
13.11.2017 14:36 #55
Hi Trevs369,

Thanks for your message.

Please contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday, and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you with this query.

If possible, please provide your account number and WPRN in advance of contacting. This department is experiencing high call volumes at the moment and we would like to thank you for your patience in advance.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you have any further queries.

Kind regards,
Micheal
15.11.2017 13:12 #56
Hello,

Can you PM me regarding refunds and change of address? I am phoning the overseas number from abroad and getting no answer.
15.11.2017 13:19 #57
Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

We are sorry to read that you are experiencing delays getting through to our international lines. Our Billing Department is currently experiencing high call volumes in relation to refunds.

If you PM us the following details, we will be more than happy to assist with your query:

- Account number
- Name on the account
- Supply address
- WPRN

Kind regards,
Micheal
17.11.2017 08:22 #58
Hi we moved to a new address. I just went into our Irish Water account and updated our new address for correspondence in the "personal details" section.
Do we have to do anything else now (ie. phone yee as well) or will this suffice in processing refund correctly
17.11.2017 10:50 #59
Originally posted by jmorrisey
Hi we moved to a new address. I just went into our Irish Water account and updated our new address for correspondence in the "personal details" section.
Do we have to do anything else now (ie. phone yee as well) or will this suffice in processing refund correctly

Hi jmorrisey,

Thank you for your message.

There are no further steps required in order to receive your refund. Your new correspondence address will update on our systems shortly and you will receive your refund by cheque in due course.

Please let us know if you any further queries.

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Micheal
17.11.2017 11:35 #60
Hi there, can I send you my details as I can't get through over the phone?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video