Irish Water Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Irish Water Refunds information

06.11.2017 10:41 #31
Hi misschoo,

Thanks for your query.

If you updated your correspondence address after selling the property, the refund will be sent to the updated address.

If not, you will need to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448 who are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm. Please have your WPRN and Account Number to hand, alternatively a number of security questions will be asked to protect the account.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
06.11.2017 14:22 #32
Hi,

I'm in a similar situation, having sold my house, but need to change to my account to my new address to get payment.

I can login to My IW account, and can see that I can change my address under Manage Personal Details.
Is this the location of the "Correspondence Address" referred to in replies on this thread?

Thanks,
Cormac
06.11.2017 14:25 #33
Hi,
My husband tried to register online for mywater to update our address but when he puts in the account number and WPRN it says No premises found for this WPRN and account number combination.
My husband who is the account holder is abroad and can't call in to make any changes. What should we do?
06.11.2017 14:31 #34
Hi spurscormac,
Originally posted by spurscormac

I can login to My IW account, and can see that I can change my address under Manage Personal Details.
Is this the location of the "Correspondence Address" referred to in replies on this thread?

That's correct - you will be able to update your correspondence address in that section.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
1 thank
06.11.2017 14:50 #35
Hi tsvet,
Originally posted by tsvet
My husband who is the account holder is abroad and can't call in to make any changes. What should we do?

Thanks for your query.

As your husband is the account holder, and for Data Protection reasons, he will need to contact us directly. Our international phone number is +353 1 707 2828 and is open from 9am until 5:30pm, from Monday to Friday.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
06.11.2017 15:50 #36
Hi,

I moved house in 2015. I had paid a few water bills on the old property and then paid a few at my new property.

Will I be refunded everything I paid on both properties or just on my current one?

Thanks in advance
1 thank
06.11.2017 16:42 #37
Hi doubledown,

Thanks for your query.

You will be refunded the full amount you paid at each property, as the payment history remains with the individual account. As you would have kept the same account number when you moved properties, the refund cheque will be issued to the updated correspondence address that is attached to the account.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
1 thank
06.11.2017 17:32 #38
Originally posted by Irish Water: Siobhan
Hi doubledown,

Thanks for your query.

You will be refunded the full amount you paid at each property, as the payment history remains with the individual account. As you would have kept the same account number when you moved properties, the refund cheque will be issued to the updated correspondence address that is attached to the account.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan

Thanks Siobhan. Good to know!
1 thank
06.11.2017 21:23 #39
Hi,

I was renting a property but the IW account was in the landlords name. Paid and have email receipts of payments via mybills.ie. Will I need to contact landlord directly to receive refund from them or can IW take the payments I made only (with proof of payment/identity) and send directly to me and my new address?
07.11.2017 09:31 #40
Hi fearmhor18,

Thanks for getting in touch.

If you made payments indirectly through the account holder, in this case your landlord, you will need to engage with them on the refund. We are obliged to make payments to the named account holder and they are the only person we can engage with.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
08.11.2017 17:04 #41
Hi,

I had paid the charges through direct debt but then cancelled the direct debt and it looks like I deactivated my IW account. When I try to log into the IW site now I get the message "This account is deactivated.". Does this mean that I will not be able to get the refund as my information is no longer on file?

Cheers.
08.11.2017 17:10 #42
Hi SD17,

Thanks for getting in touch.

You should still receive your refund, but we will be happy to investigate this further for you.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following information:

- Full Name;
- Supply Address;
- Email Address
- WPRN
- Account Number

Thanks in advance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
08.11.2017 21:20 #43
Hi,
Can the account holder add another person to the account? So the cheque will be issued to both names?
Best regards.
09.11.2017 00:09 #44
Hi,
We lost all our invoice letters after moving to a new address. My husband would now like to register online to update our address but don't remember the account number and wprn. Is there any way we can retrieve them?

Thanks,
Rose
09.11.2017 09:59 #45
Hi coldplayer90,
Originally posted by coldplayer90
Hi,
Can the account holder add another person to the account? So the cheque will be issued to both names?
Best regards.

Thank you for getting in touch.

You can add another person to your account, but for Data Protection reasons this process must be carried out over the phone, with both persons present.

You will need to contact our Billing Department on 1850 448 448. The lines are open Monday to Friday, from 9am until 5:30pm.

Kind Regards,
Siobhan
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image