Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

20 hrs
Response Time
90%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Irish Water Refunds information

01.11.2017 20:51 #16
Hello,

My sister was the account holder with Irish Water. She left Ireland in 2015 and closed the account at the end of September. We still have the access to the online account however it's impossible to change the account holder name online.We'd like the cheque to be sent to me and then I can share the refund with her. How can we transfer the account ownership to my name? She doesn't have the Irish bank account anymore and calling you (considering high volume of calls) would be too expensive from her Polish number.
Thank you,
Magda
01.11.2017 22:38 #17
Hi Irish water, 

I changed my address online on Irish water website. Is it enough or do I still need to phone 1850 448 448 to change my address in order to receive my refund cheque? Thanks 
02.11.2017 08:21 #18
Hi

If you do not live in europe anymore what are the options for payment.
I do not have anyone to collect cheque etc.
I am entitled to full refund
The only feasible option is online lodgement to original bank account registered with the online account
how do i arrange this.
1 thank
02.11.2017 09:04 #19
Hi Magda,

Originally posted by magda80
Hello,

My sister was the account holder with Irish Water. She left Ireland in 2015 and closed the account at the end of September. We still have the access to the online account however it's impossible to change the account holder name online.We'd like the cheque to be sent to me and then I can share the refund with her. How can we transfer the account ownership to my name? She doesn't have the Irish bank account anymore and calling you (considering high volume of calls) would be too expensive from her Polish number.
Thank you,
Magda

Thanks for your query.

The refund cheque can only be issued to the named and registered account holder who paid for water charges at the property.

Using the online account, the forwarding address can be changed to your sister’s current home and she can then deposit the cheque into her account. Alternatively, she can call our international number on +353 1 707 2824 in order to update her account details.

More information on refunds can be found on our website here.

Kind regards,
Mairead
02.11.2017 09:08 #20
Hi Sadiq,

Originally posted by Sadiq
Hi Irish water,

I changed my address online on Irish water website. Is it enough or do I still need to phone 1850 448 448 to change my address in order to receive my refund cheque? Thanks

We recommend contacting us in order to update your account details to reflect your current property by calling us on 1850 448 448 between 9am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

However, if your forwarding address has been changed and the cheque is set to arrive to your current property, this should suffice.

Thanks,
Mairead
02.11.2017 09:14 #21
Hi skippy2,

Originally posted by skippy2
Hi

If you do not live in europe anymore what are the options for payment.
I do not have anyone to collect cheque etc.
I am entitled to full refund
The only feasible option is online lodgement to original bank account registered with the online account
how do i arrange this.

Cheques will be sent by post to the registered account holder at the property.

If you have moved properties, we recommend you update your details to reflect your current address on your MyWater Account, located here.

Alternatively, you can call us on +353 1 707 2824, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, in order to update your account details and ensure the cheque is sent to your correct address.

You can find more information on refunds here.

Thanks,
Mairead
02.11.2017 09:29 #22
Hi Mairead

Could you clarify one thing for me.  Will everyone who paid the water charge be refunded?

I seem to remember something about people who were originally on Group schemes would still face the charge.
02.11.2017 09:42 #23
Hi 9or10,

Originally posted by 9or10
Hi Mairead

Could you clarify one thing for me. Will everyone who paid the water charge be refunded?

I seem to remember something about people who were originally on Group schemes would still face the charge.

If you paid Irish Water charges previously, the amount you paid will be refunded. This refund will be sent by cheque to registered address.

If you have moved properties, we recommend you update your correspondence details and ensure your contact information is correct by using your MyWater Account.

Alternatively, you can call us on 1850 448 448 to ensure your details are correct.

Our lines are open frmo 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

We hope this helps to clarify things and you can find more information on refunds here.

Thanks,
Mairead
02.11.2017 09:46 #24
Originally posted by Irish Water: Mairead
Hi skippy2,

Originally posted by skippy2
Hi

If you do not live in europe anymore what are the options for payment.
I do not have anyone to collect cheque etc.
I am entitled to full refund
The only feasible option is online lodgement to original bank account registered with the online account
how do i arrange this.

Cheques will be sent by post to the registered account holder at the property.

If you have moved properties, we recommend you update your details to reflect your current address on your MyWater Account, located here.

Alternatively, you can call us on +353 1 707 2824, Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, in order to update your account details and ensure the cheque is sent to your correct address.

You can find more information on refunds here.

Thanks,
Mairead

Hi Mairead
I understand the proposed offer
If I do not live in Ireland and have no means of accessing something sent to an unoccupied address in Ireland by post
I need another option, a cheque is of no use to me and my foreign bank will not accept a euro cheque from Ireland if it was posted to me here

Regards
02.11.2017 09:48 #25
Hi, any update on when the actual payments will be sent out?
02.11.2017 09:59 #26
Originally posted by Irish Water: Mairead
Hi 9or10,

Originally posted by 9or10
Hi Mairead

Could you clarify one thing for me. Will everyone who paid the water charge be refunded?

I seem to remember something about people who were originally on Group schemes would still face the charge.

If you paid Irish Water charges previously, the amount you paid will be refunded. This refund will be sent by cheque to registered address.

If you have moved properties, we recommend you update your correspondence details and ensure your contact information is correct by using your MyWater Account.

Alternatively, you can call us on 1850 448 448 to ensure your details are correct.

Our lines are open frmo 9am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.

We hope this helps to clarify things and you can find more information on refunds here.

Thanks,
Mairead

Thanks Mairead.

So there is no distinction between people who were previously on Group Water Scemes (and always paid water charges) and every other consumer?
02.11.2017 10:01 #27
Hi skippy2,

Originally posted by skippy2
Hi Mairead
I understand the proposed offer
If I do not live in Ireland and have no means of accessing something sent to an unoccupied address in Ireland by post
I need another option, a cheque is of no use to me and my foreign bank will not accept a euro cheque from Ireland if it was posted to me here

Regards

We want to refund the account holder as quickly as possible and cheque payments are the most secure and efficient way to ensure we get the right refunds to account holders in a timely and secure manner.

You can update your correspondence to your current address through your online account and these cheques can be deposited in all bank accounts.

We recommend you ensure your current address is updated in your correspondence tab so that you can receive your refund.

Thanks,
Mairead
02.11.2017 10:04 #28
Hi The Caveman,

Originally posted by The Caveman
Hi, any update on when the actual payments will be sent out?

As soon as legislation has been passed, we will begin sending refund cheques.

We recommend logging into your MyWater account to check that your correspondence information is correct to ensure that your refund arrives at your correct address.

Thanks,
Mairead
02.11.2017 11:18 #29
Hi 9or10,

Originally posted by 9or10
Thanks Mairead.

So there is no distinction between people who were previously on Group Water Scemes (and always paid water charges) and every other consumer?

Refunds will be issued to all customers who made payments to Irish Water in respect of water and waste services and were connected to the public network.

Group Water Schemes are either private schemes, with their own water and waste supply, and not subject to any charge to Irish Water or being publically supplied. They are usually metered at one location at the entry point of the Group Water Scheme.

Those schemes are billed as Non-Domestic customers and were not charged as domestic customers. Therefore, they are not subject to a Domestic Water Charges refund.

There may have been a rare occasion where a member on a GWS incorrectly registered as a domestic customer of Irish Water and paid a bill. In this instance, they will be refunded, if they have not already been refunded when the error was identified.

You can find more on Group Water Schemes here.

Thanks,
Mairead
1 thank
03.11.2017 19:58 #30
Registered User
Hi Irish Water,

I had a second property which I sold two years ago. The water charges were paid in full in order for the sale to go ahead. Am I entitled to a refund for these charges? If so when I go online I can only see my current property in the account and not the one which is sold. Can I phone up and give the address/details of the sold property or what information do I need?

Many thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion