Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Irish Water Representatives

0 hrs
Response Time
83%
Response Rate

We're online:

Irish Water are here Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9am to 5:30pm.

Irish Water Refunds information

03.12.2018 17:51 #211
Hello,

I didn't receive a refund from Irish Water, despite I'm alive, live in the Republic of Ireland, didn't change the name (so, this is not a "complex case"). I've sent a few requests to Irish Water support, but haven't received any clear answer when will I get the refund.
Is there any chance to retrieve this refund while I'm alive?
03.12.2018 21:30 #212
Actually i received my refund, and thats only thanks to this forum
1 thank
04.12.2018 09:21 #213
Verified representative
Originally posted by rkosenko
Hello,

I didn't receive a refund from Irish Water, despite I'm alive, live in the Republic of Ireland, didn't change the name (so, this is not a "complex case"). I've sent a few requests to Irish Water support, but haven't received any clear answer when will I get the refund.
Is there any chance to retrieve this refund while I'm alive?

Hi rkosenko,

Thank you for your message and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
- Address;
- Account number; and
- WPRN

Thanks in advance,
Agata
04.12.2018 09:23 #214
Verified representative
Originally posted by rai555
Actually i received my refund, and thats only thanks to this forum

Hi rai555,

We are glad to hear this.:)

Please feel free to get in touch with us again, should you have any other queries.

Have a good day,
Agata
1 thank
05.01.2019 10:14 #215
Just found my Refund cheque but it is now over 12 months old it was issued on the 5.12.17. Can i still lodge it in my bank or do i need to get a new one

Thank you
07.01.2019 12:05 #216
Originally posted by skippy2
Just found my Refund cheque but it is now over 12 months old it was issued on the 5.12.17. Can i still lodge it in my bank or do i need to get a new one

Thank you

Hi skippy2,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the below details so that we can look into this for you?

- Name;
- Address;
- Account number; and
- WPRN.

Thanks in advance,
Alex
07.01.2019 17:04 #217
Originally posted by Irish Water: Alex M
Originally posted by skippy2

Thank you

Hi skippy2,

Would you mind sending us a PM with the below details so that we can look into this for you?

- Name;
- Address;
- Account number; and
- WPRN.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Hi Alex

PM Sent
07.01.2019 17:26 #218
Hi skippy2,

We have received your PM and a member of our team has responded.

Thanks,
Alex
15.01.2019 10:34 #219
Hi folks,

I never received a refund. I don't know my a/c number or WPRN.  Would you be able to look at my info simply from my name and address (nether of which have changed).
15.01.2019 10:56 #220
Hi Deadwards.com,

Thanks for your query.

Originally posted by Deadwards.com
Hi folks,

I never received a refund. I don't know my a/c number or WPRN.  Would you be able to look at my info simply from my name and address (nether of which have changed).

We can certainly look into this matter for you.

Would you mind sending the following details via PM:

- Name;
- Address;
- Contact number;
- Email address;
- Landlord details (if applicable);
- Dates of payments made;
- Method used to make payments; and
- The amount of the payments made.

Please be aware that as you do not have your WPRN and account number, we need to go through stringent checks to adhere to data protection guidelines.

Thanks in advance,
Allanah
20.03.2019 13:11 #221
Dear Irish Water, 

My family got a refund from you, however, in Germany (where I live) it is almost impossible to cash
the cheques. Therefore we have tried to do it in Poland (we are Polish) where we go from time to time. 
Before we were to get our money back, the cheque expired. 

Please advise what should we do next. Can we get a cheque with a new date? Alternatively, can the 
money be transferred to our account?

Kind Regards, 
Katarzyna Rein 
20.03.2019 14:17 #222
Hi Katarzyna,

While refunds are only issued via cheque, for security purposes, we will be happy to re-issue a cheque to you.

If you are the named account holder who received the cheque, please confirm the following details by private messages and we will be happy to help:

- Your full name;
- Supply address where charges were paid;
- Account number; and
- WPRN

Thanks,
Mairead
21.03.2019 19:26 #223
Hi,
I just found my irish water refund cheque after much searching however it is now out of date. Is it possible to get it reissued?
Thanks,
Helen.
21.03.2019 19:31 #224
Verified representative
Hi Helen,
Originally posted by hells_e_bells
Hi,
I just found my irish water refund cheque after much searching however it is now out of date. Is it possible to get it reissued?
Thanks,
Helen.

Please PM us with the following information:

- Your full name;
- Your full address;
- Contact number;
- Account number; and
- WPRN.

Once these details are confirmed, a member of our team will help.

Thanks,
Niamh
09.08.2019 14:48 #225
Ok, I've tried umpteen times by phone so maybe I will have more luck here.

I am trying to get a water bill refund for a rental accommodation I moved out of 3 years ago. The landlord mispelled my name so the cheque that was issued will not be accepted by the bank. I asked Irish water for the form to change my name so new cheque can be issued but they keep sending the forms to my old rental address and not my current one, which I gave to them. Every time I call to let them know I didn't receive the forms I make a point of letting them know they keep sending it to the wrong address and yet they keep sending it to this address anyway.

I would appreciate your help in resolving this issue.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video