Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask AIB Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Mon-Fri 9am - 8pm
Sat-Sun 9am - 5pm

Fingerprint access on Android

06.09.2017 08:25 #1
Hi,

I've just switched from iOS to Android and I'm missing the fingerprint access to the AIB app. Do you have plans on introducing this to the Android version any time soon?

Thanks
06.09.2017 10:36 #2
Hi John_Mc

Our development team released fingerprint log in (or as we call it Touch ID log in) for Apple customers this year. 
The decision to lead with Apple was due to the higer number of compatible fingerprint log in devices used by our customer base. We are now looking at doing the same with Android but have no set timeframes to when this feature will be available. I hope this information has helped with your query, thanks again for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, 
Maeve
06.09.2017 15:58 #3
Originally posted by AskAIB: Maeve
Hi John_Mc

Our development team released fingerprint log in (or as we call it Touch ID log in) for Apple customers this year. 
The decision to lead with Apple was due to the higer number of compatible fingerprint log in devices used by our customer base. We are now looking at doing the same with Android but have no set timeframes to when this feature will be available. I hope this information has helped with your query, thanks again for taking the time to contact us. If you have any other queries please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks, 
Maeve

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that it will be introduced at some point
06.09.2017 16:45 #4
Originally posted by John_Mc
Originally posted by AskAIB: Maeve
Hi John_Mc

Thanks, 
Maeve

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear that it will be introduced at some point

Hi John_Mc

You are more than welcome and thank you for getting in touch, please come back to us if you have any further queries, we're happy to help.

Thanks,
Stephen
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image