Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Meteor Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm - 5pm

Very bad download speeds in Killaloe/Birdhill, Upload still good.

03.09.2017 16:00 #1
Hi, I have been using bill pay 4G Meteor Mobile Broadband 50GB for the past year, in the last month the download speeds have suddenly dropped from approx 30M to 0.3M, Uploads remain approx 15M. I have rebooted router, and tested connection via ethernet, i have also tested the connection at various points during the day including at 4am and the download speed is consistency less than 0.5M. Nothing else has changed on my end.

I am located in Killaloe, Co Clare, but my nearest meteor mast is in Birdhill, Tipperary. I have clear LOS to the mast from the router. 
04.09.2017 12:27 #2
Originally posted by darkice
Hi, I have been using bill pay 4G Meteor Mobile Broadband 50GB for the past year, in the last month the download speeds have suddenly dropped from approx 30M to 0.3M, Uploads remain approx 15M. I have rebooted router, and tested connection via ethernet, i have also tested the connection at various points during the day including at 4am and the download speed is consistency less than 0.5M. Nothing else has changed on my end.

I am located in Killaloe, Co Clare, but my nearest meteor mast is in Birdhill, Tipperary. I have clear LOS to the mast from the router. 

Hi there darkice

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

Would you mind just sending me a PM with your number & PIN and then I'll double check this for you?

-Kyle
06.09.2017 22:08 #3
i second that, i live near the area mentioned and its dreadful esp from 7pm to midnight  :(
07.09.2017 08:11 #4
Originally posted by philstar
i second that, i live near the area mentioned and its dreadful esp from 7pm to midnight  :(

Hi there philstar

For here, we can only do mast testing with our technician team so if you'd like to send me on the same information in a PM, I will assist you further there

-Kyle
07.09.2017 09:34 #5
I thought meteor had a transponder on the mast at the Guarda station in Killaloe. I had the same issues previously & after getting the usual "nothing wrong" run around on here and else, the service came back to normal after about a week.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video