Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Meteor Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm - 5pm

hoping to reactivate my decade old irish mobile that has been in a box in a barn in c

29.08.2017 16:29 #1
(Seriously - I just pulled it out of the barn this weekend)

I lived in Ireland for all of 2008 and had a mobile with Meteor (bought it in a Meteor store). I still have the phone, and I'm finally headed back to Europe for a trip and was hoping to use the old phone just in case I need to make a quick call or send a text (without buying a new sim for my current Canadian phone). 
When I turned it on, it asked for a PIN - I tried three and now it's asking for a PUK. I definitely don't have the packaging anymore and when I called Meteor the automated line asked for my mobile number - when I keyed it in, they couldn't recognise it (so I hung up as it's 50c a minute to call from here). Is this a lost cause or is there still a chance I could get it loaded up again and top up? 
Thanks! 
29.08.2017 16:36 #2
IT is likely that the number would have been cancelled, however you should be able to pick up a pre-pay sim and some credit and put it in the phone.  
1 thank
30.08.2017 13:03 #3
Originally posted by rowanmorrison
(Seriously - I just pulled it out of the barn this weekend)

I lived in Ireland for all of 2008 and had a mobile with Meteor (bought it in a Meteor store). I still have the phone, and I'm finally headed back to Europe for a trip and was hoping to use the old phone just in case I need to make a quick call or send a text (without buying a new sim for my current Canadian phone). 
When I turned it on, it asked for a PIN - I tried three and now it's asking for a PUK. I definitely don't have the packaging anymore and when I called Meteor the automated line asked for my mobile number - when I keyed it in, they couldn't recognise it (so I hung up as it's 50c a minute to call from here). Is this a lost cause or is there still a chance I could get it loaded up again and top up? 
Thanks! 

Hi there rowanmorrison

If you haven't topped up this SIM in a long time, then there could be a service bar on this account.

Send me a PM with the number first and I'll assist you further with this.

-Kyle
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon