Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Meteor Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm - 5pm

Eir Sim-only Billpay plan cheaper than Meteor Sim-only Billpay plan

24.08.2017 22:37 #1
I've been a Meteor customer for many years and currently pay €35 per month for the Super Deluxe Extra 4G sim-only billpay plan.

If were an Eir customer I would be charged €30 per month for an identical plan called
eir Mobile SIM Only Unlimited 30GB.

So Meteor is currently overcharging customers for an identical offering from Eir, the parent company.

You'll be migrating Meteor customers "seamlessly" to Eir in September but will you be reducing the price of the Super Deluxe Extra 4G sim-only billpay plan.for Meteor customers?

Can you reduce the cost of the plan to €30 per month for me now or do I have to port to Eir in order to pay less?

Liam
24.08.2017 22:41 #2
Can you delete this thread as the information above is not correct?  I was looking at the pricing for existing Eir phone/broadband customers.  For mobile-only customers, the pricing is identical to Meteor's.
28.08.2017 11:32 #3
Originally posted by liamcu
Can you delete this thread as the information above is not correct?  I was looking at the pricing for existing Eir phone/broadband customers.  For mobile-only customers, the pricing is identical to Meteor's.

Thanks for letting us know liamcu

-Kyle
28.08.2017 12:33 #4
^^^
Actually on this point.

I'm currently a Meteor SIM only customer (mobile) and not an Eir customer (for broadband/home phone), but it's likely I will be an Eir customer when they roll out FTTH down our road next year. As such I was planning to port over to Eir Mobile and pay less per month as an Eir customer with Eir Mobile. 

Now that Meteor = Eir, what's the plan for that? Will there still be a discount if you have another Eir product?  Will 'Meteor' let me port in the future, now that you are under the same company?
29.08.2017 13:24 #5
Originally posted by MBSnr
^^^
Actually on this point.

I'm currently a Meteor SIM only customer (mobile) and not an Eir customer (for broadband/home phone), but it's likely I will be an Eir customer when they roll out FTTH down our road next year. As such I was planning to port over to Eir Mobile and pay less per month as an Eir customer with Eir Mobile. 

Now that Meteor = Eir, what's the plan for that? Will there still be a discount if you have another Eir product?  Will 'Meteor' let me port in the future, now that you are under the same company?

Hi there MBSnr

Thank you for your post.

We were advised that everything from our helplines to your contracts (on Meteor) will stay the exact same.  Unfortunately we can't comment on discounts as of yet until the merge happens.

If you're planning on porting to a different network, the same cancellation fees will occur if you're still in a contract.

We have posted that formal statement in previous threads here.

-Kyle
29.08.2017 17:40 #6
Originally posted by Meteor: Kyle
Originally posted by MBSnr
^^^
Actually on this point.

Hi there MBSnr

Thank you for your post.

We were advised that everything from our helplines to your contracts (on Meteor) will stay the exact same.  Unfortunately we can't comment on discounts as of yet until the merge happens.

If you're planning on porting to a different network, the same cancellation fees will occur if you're still in a contract.

We have posted that formal statement in previous threads here.

-Kyle

OK - thanks. Guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens regarding the Eir customer discount.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video