Response Time
72%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday – Friday 8am till 6pm
Saturday 8am till 1pm

Have a cheque or draft question?

27.09.2017 20:03 #16
Is it possible to search for all payments made to a particular destination/account over the previous 12 months? I'm just trying to establish how much I have paid to a company without having to laboriously go through 12 months statements.

John
28.09.2017 11:21 #17
Originally posted by bimlico
Is it possible to search for all payments made to a particular destination/account over the previous 12 months? I'm just trying to establish how much I have paid to a company without having to laboriously go through 12 months statements.

John

Hi John,

Thanks for getting in contact with us through Boards.ie.

You can filter your transactions over the last year through the "Statements" section of your 365 online profile.
You can't however filter for a specific person or company payments but you would be able to filter through the following options.

Direct Debits/Credits
Contactless
ATM
Lodgements/Credits
Credit transfers
Cheques
Other Debits
Cash withdrawals

This may make the search for these transactions a bit easier. You can choose from these filters by clicking on the "Statements" tab on your 365 home page and the selecting the advanced button, you'll then be given a drop down menu with all the filter options given above.

I hope this is some help and thanks again for getting in touch with us.
Darren.
15.11.2017 20:40 #18
Hi, is it true that if I lose the bank draft to pay the closing of a property purchase I have to wait 6 years before to get the money back?

Thanks
16.11.2017 10:40 #19
Hi Ez26,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.

This wouldn't be true, if you lose a draft you would need to go into the branch and report it lost or stolen.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,

Kareana
16.11.2017 12:08 #20
Hi Kareana,

thanks for your reply. I was reading online that if you lose it you can go to report it as lost or stolen and ask for another one. The problem is that you have to sign an indemnity that says you are liable if someone is able to use it and that only after 6 years you are safe.

Is that so? 

Thanks
16.11.2017 13:40 #21
Hi EZ26,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you leave this with me and I will double check this for you and get back to you as soon as possible here on Boards.

Thanks,

Kareana
1 thank
16.11.2017 17:41 #22
Sure thanks!
1 thank
05.12.2017 10:24 #23
Hi EZ26,

I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

I have checked this with our procedures team and we are unsure what you mean by 6 years as it does not state this anywhere on the indemnity form.

Can you tell me where you got this information from please?

The indemnity form would be filled in by yourself if the draft was lost and it would be replaced by a new one.

Thanks,

Kareana
05.12.2017 18:42 #24
oh ok, I found that on the internet so for sure a less reliable information than the official source

Thanks for investigating this
1 thank
12.01.2018 18:56 #25
Hi there,
I have a Euro cheque drawn on uk bank to lodge into my Euro account.
Can you please advise how long the clearance on this is please?
Thanks
13.01.2018 10:17 #26
Verified representative
Hi afr2017,

Thanks for your post.

A cheque drawn on a UK bank can take 4-6 weeks to clear on your account.

Thanks
Tara
06.02.2018 16:00 #27
Hey.

I am being paid by one your customers tonight by bank draft.

Is there anyway of authenticating it's a genuine draft there and then ?
07.02.2018 15:05 #28
Originally posted by Mikeyh88
Hey.

I am being paid by one your customers tonight by bank draft.

Is there anyway of authenticating it's a genuine draft there and then ?

Hi Mickeyh88,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

The only way of checking if a draft was valid is to lodge it directly into your account and your bank will then be able to make the necessary checks to make sure the draft is valid.

Thanks again for the message.
Darren.
09.03.2018 08:59 #29
Hi there

I have 2 cheques issued to me from the national lottery. The bank attached to it is BOI O'Connell st.

I don't have an account in BOI but if I went into any BOI branch, would they cash it there and then for me?

Many thanks
09.03.2018 11:11 #30
Originally posted by cruais
Hi there

I have 2 cheques issued to me from the national lottery. The bank attached to it is BOI O'Connell st.

I don't have an account in BOI but if I went into any BOI branch, would they cash it there and then for me?

Many thanks

Hi cruais,

Thanks for your post.

If the cheques are crossed or have Account Payee only you will need to lodge this to an account in your name.

Thanks,
Sarah
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image