Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

20 hrs
Response Time
78%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco mobile data roaming not working in Poland

07.09.2017 12:59 #46
Hi All,
registered to report data roaming problem to Tesco Mobile and to state that there has been an ongoing problem with data roaming at Tesco Mobile in many if not all European countries.

Countries: 2017, end of June - France, 2017, end of July - Croatia.
Problem: no mobile data. Phone calls and messages are OK.
Contacted customer support: yes, in both countries I had a chat with CS.
Tried all three options:
1) Phone/Tesco Mobile/When Abroad/Select Mode/Automatic
2) Phone/Tesco Mobile/When Abroad/Select Mode/Manual/International
3) Phone/Tesco Mobile/When Abroad/Select Mode/Manual/National
No belgacom or whatever should be there. I believe that CS just gave me that empty instruction because they had to answer something. If in these particular countries the Automatic mode didn't work then the Manual mode wasn't going to work.
Also tried to remove the APNs in Settings/More/Mobile networks/Access Point Names and download Internet and MMS settings. This didn't work either.
It goes without saying that I tried reboot the phone several times without any joy.

Result: no mobile data.

Phones:
Sony Xperia Z1 compact, Android 5.1.1,
Sony Xperia Z3 compact, Android 6.
The Preferred network type in Mobile network settings is/was WCDMA/GSM, no 4G.
The Data roaming mode in Mobile network settings is set to International roaming.
Roaming is allowed in the account settings.
Plan: prepay, Simply Value.
Mobile data worked without any specific problem in Ireland before both trips.

Thanks,
Nikolay.
02.10.2017 12:14 #47
Just back from Paris. No data roaming despite 5 calls to Tesco mobile. Also no service when I got back to Ireland. My Samsung A5 is quite new but I don't know why there should be a problem. Staff today said I need to change my sim before i go away again but I don't want to and I can't understand why I should need to do that. IS THERE ANY SOLUTION?????
02.10.2017 15:15 #48
Verified representative
Hi Zipzoc,

Sorry to hear about the issues you experienced whilst abroad. Were your calls and texts working fine?

Is LTE/4G currently the preferred setting on your handset?

Thanks,
Luke
06.10.2017 21:58 #49
Hi!

I'm in Poland at the moment. I have been following the exact instructions of the customer service rep on the phone:

Name: Tesco Mobile Internet
APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
APN Type: Default

Mobile Data is switched on. Roaming is switched on. Yet I can't use the mobile internet.

I'm using a Nexus 5 (Android).

I had some issues with data roaming recently in London, but sometimes it worked. Now in Poland it doesn't work at all. In Portugal it has also never worked. Neither in Spain nor in France. Pretty frustrating.

Can you help?

Laura
07.10.2017 10:31 #50
Originally posted by laurali12345
Hi!

I'm in Poland at the moment. I have been following the exact instructions of the customer service rep on the phone:

Name: Tesco Mobile Internet
APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
APN Type: Default

Mobile Data is switched on. Roaming is switched on. Yet I can't use the mobile internet.

I'm using a Nexus 5 (Android).

I had some issues with data roaming recently in London, but sometimes it worked. Now in Poland it doesn't work at all. In Portugal it has also never worked. Neither in Spain nor in France. Pretty frustrating.

Can you help?

Laura

Hi Laura,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with roaming. Can you send our Reps page a PM with your full name, number, address and mother's maiden name? We'll try get that sorted for you.

Thanks,
Shane
07.10.2017 17:26 #51
Hi, 

I'm in Poland now and have the same issue. My phone is an android and the Tesco mobile internet didn't work. What else can I try?
07.10.2017 17:52 #52
Originally posted by Doris88
Hi, 

I'm in Poland now and have the same issue. My phone is an android and the Tesco mobile internet didn't work. What else can I try?

Hi Doris88,

Can you make sure you have selected the International Belgacom option in the SIM Toolkit app? If this does not work you can message our care team through the app and they will go through some troubleshooting steps with you.

Thanks,
Shane
07.10.2017 18:36 #53
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi, 

Hi Doris88,

Can you make sure you have selected the International Belgacom option in the SIM Toolkit app? If this does not work you can message our care team through the app and they will go through some troubleshooting steps with you.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

It seems my Tesco mobile SIM toolkit is missing. How can I get it back?
08.10.2017 13:56 #54
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi, 

Hi Doris88,

Thanks,
Shane

Hi,

It seems my Tesco mobile SIM toolkit is missing. How can I get it back?

The SIM toolkit app appeared again when I swapped the SIM cards. Choosing the international belgacom option didn't solve the roaming issue. What else can I try?
09.10.2017 12:05 #55
Hi Tesco Mobile Luke
Just saw your reply.
Seems like changing the 'when abroad' option BEFORE leaving Ireland works.
My phone was ok weekend just gone after doing this at the airport.
Thank you.
09.10.2017 13:34 #56
Hi zipzoc,

I am glad to hear that is all sorted for you. If you wish to make sure that your handset is fully set up for Tesco mobile data, you can also have a look in here: http://tescomobileie.tweakker.com/choose to have the settings sent to your phone by text.

Alternatively, if you need an instant response, you can also call our Customer Care line on 1749 from a Tesco mobile phone or on 089 420 0000 from a different handset.

Thanks,

Ileana.
09.10.2017 16:14 #57
Hi!

the "Tweakker" link you posted above didn't work for me. My phone (Nexus 5 Android) isn't listed there.

I spoke to the customer service, they gave me settings (see my post above), I set them up and it still didn't work.

I really need roaming to work as I can't be stuck without internet while travelling.

Can you help?

Thanks,
Laura
09.10.2017 19:00 #58
Hi laurali12345,

Can you please confirm that your current Tesco Mobile Internet APN is set with the following settings:

Name - Tesco Mobile Internet

APN - tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com

APN Type - default?

In order for the handset to connect to a local network, the above APN, needs to be set up as enabled on the phone.

While abroad, both mobile data and data roaming needs to be turned on. If the handset won't connect manually to a local network, you will need to go to Settings - Mobile Network - Network Operator and submit a manual search.

Can you please advise if the last time when you travelled you had issues with data only or also with calls and texts?

If you let us know the exact country where you are planning to travel next, we can also give you a list with preferred networks while roaming.

Thanks,
Ileana.
19.10.2017 15:44 #59
Hi, having data trouble in Holland. Are there any special settings I need?

Cheers,
Andy.
20.10.2017 11:06 #60
Hi Andy,

Can you please let us know the make and model of the phone first, in order to be able to assist with specific roaming settings?

You can also check the settings in here http://tescomobileie.tweakker.com/choose, and ensure that both mobile data and data roaming are switched on. If the handset won't connect automatically to a local network, please submit a manual search in order to find one.

And, of course, let us know if you need more assistance from our end!

Thanks,
Ileana.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image