Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

20 hrs
Response Time
78%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Tesco mobile data roaming not working in Poland

16.08.2017 12:56 #31
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Originally posted by asgaard
My wife using Iphone 6s in Poland atm and she tried connect with data services with no luck. I had a quick chat with one of reps. and she said that it will work if she try go to: Settings/Phone//SIM Applications/When Abroad/Network Selection and change it from Automatic onto Manual unfornately still no joy. What else can she try to get data working?
I need it sort it out asap.

Hi Asgaard,

Can you please ask your wife to ensure that 4G/LTE is turned off? The Network Mode will need to be set to 3G for this to work. Please let us know how you get on with this.

Thanks,
Luke

Hi Luke

That has be done yesterday as I advice to her, but still no luck.
16.08.2017 13:15 #32
Verified representative
Thanks Asgaard. Just to be clear, are the calls and texts working fine on the iPhone?

If the mobile data is the only feature not working, please go to the APN or Access Point Names section of the iPhone, delete the existing APN that you see and create a brand new one with the following details exactly:

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
Username: not set
Password: not set

Even if the APN matches this info please delete it, create a new one and then reboot the phone. Hopefully this will work for you.

Thanks,
Luke
1 thank
16.08.2017 13:31 #33
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke
Thanks Asgaard. Just to be clear, are the calls and texts working fine on the iPhone?

If the mobile data is the only feature not working, please go to the APN or Access Point Names section of the iPhone, delete the existing APN that you see and create a brand new one with the following details exactly:

APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
Username: not set
Password: not set

Even if the APN matches this info please delete it, create a new one and then reboot the phone. Hopefully this will work for you.

Thanks,
Luke

Calls/texts works fine, where do I find APN section?
Is it in Settings/Mobile Data Options/Mobile Data Network ? Does she have to setup the first one with Mobile Data at the front??

Quick update: Data Services started to work when she filled out APN with details which you gave me. There was empty positions when she had a look on APN.
Thanks
17.08.2017 19:24 #34
Verified representative
Hi Asgaard,

Thanks for the update! If you've any more queries, give us a shout.

Thanks,
Luke
22.08.2017 16:00 #35
I'm in Malaga an having the same issues as other with data & calls  ðŸ˜ 
22.08.2017 18:14 #36
Hi Asgaard,

Sorry about the inconvenience, please make sure that your data roaming is on and try to connect manually to one of these networks: TELEFONICA MOVILES ESPANA SA, AIRTEL-VODAFONE or FRANCE TELECOM ESPANA AS.

Once you are connected successfully it should allow you to use your services.

Cheers,
Ileana.
22.08.2017 18:30 #37
It's not giving me the option of any of those you have mentioned, it's giving 1 option of vodaphone it is saying my sim won't allow.

Wasting valuable time trying to fix this when I should be playing with my kids but I also need this for work reason .
23.08.2017 10:07 #38
Originally posted by rionn
It's not giving me the option of any of those you have mentioned, it's giving 1 option of vodaphone it is saying my sim won't allow.

Wasting valuable time trying to fix this when I should be playing with my kids but I also need this for work reason .

Hi Rionn,

I have replied to you in the PMs now.

Thanks,
Ryan
27.08.2017 01:42 #39
Hey all
Are there any issues with Tesco mobile abroad,again? My wife's Tesco mobile number stopped getting any coverage since last Friday night. If it's top-up number and she used the whole credit does it caused the problem?
28.08.2017 12:36 #40
Hey all
Are there any issues with Tesco mobile abroad,again? My wife's Tesco mobile number stopped getting any coverage since last Friday night. If it's top-up number and she used the whole credit does it caused the problem?

Hi Asgaard,

What country are you in? If there is no credit on the phone then that wouldn't allow you to make a call, send a text or use data. You should still be able to receive a call and a text.

Thanks,
Ryan
28.08.2017 12:48 #41
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Ryan
Hi Asgaard,

What country are you in? If there is no credit on the phone then that wouldn't allow you to make a call, send a text or use data. You should still be able to receive a call and a text.

Thanks,
Ryan

She is in Poland. The thing is that she had coverage working on Friday night but next day won't work and it doesn't work since then. Any ideas why?
29.08.2017 08:17 #42
Hi Asgaard,

Could you get your wife to message us directly? She can PM us here or contact us through the in app messenger. We would need to look into the account to see if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Shane
29.08.2017 13:32 #43
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi Asgaard,

Could you get your wife to message us directly? She can PM us here or contact us through the in app messenger. We would need to look into the account to see if there are any issues.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi
She can't PM you as she has no data working on her phone and no time for internet cafe atm.
29.08.2017 19:27 #44
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shane
Hi Asgaard,

Thanks,
Shane

Hi
She can't PM you as she has no data working on her phone and no time for internet cafe atm.

Hi Asgaard,

There are a number of ways in which she can contact us to try resolve the issue. For the quickest response she could call our care line on 00353894200000 or the live chat option on the website. There is also our Facebook and Twitter pages.

Thanks,
Ryan
30.08.2017 07:58 #45
If you want to stay with Tesco I suggest you just get used to the idea that when you travel abroad you are not going to have roaming data unless you get a local sim when you travel.

Otherwise change now, so you don't end up in the middle of a thread like this for your holidays.
Summers over. Don't get caught by Tesco next summer.
3 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon