Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Electric Ireland Representatives

23 hrs
Response Time
89%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 6pm
(excluding public holidays)

Exit Fee for Leaving 1 Day Early.

22.10.2019 17:42 #16
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Una
Hi all,

We are so sorry about this. We can assure that it is an error.

We have escalated it to our senior colleagues.

Kind regards,
Una

I'd say it's a mistake if it happens to one person, when it happens to five people its more of a policy.
22.10.2019 17:52 #17
Verified representative
Hi Arciphel,

We can guarantee it is a system error, but we certainly understand your upset at it occurring. It is being worked on at present.

Kind regards,
Una
13.12.2019 14:13 #18
Just wanted to update this thread so that it’s visible, seems like another load of people were hit with this charge “in error” last month. Good for them to known this is a common occurrence with Electric Ireland.

Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Una
Hi Arciphel,

We can guarantee it is a system error, but we certainly understand your upset at it occurring. It is being worked on at present.

Kind regards,
Una
14.12.2019 02:26 #19
I had also been 2 weeks out of contract, and made a switch on Dec 5th but a 50 euro exit fee is showing up(awaiting final bill still though which may come soon). I deliberately waited after my plan expired because I was caught out before by a day. Also it is not my fault that most of the bills were estimated as I got no slips in the door/call outs for a long time which I found strange as if Electric Ireland were delighted to keep on estimating, though Electric Ireland did manage to come in very close and whenever I provided an exact reading to them, they would not re-issue a new bill because the estimated was accurate enough I presume. If I had my 1st bill from Nov 20th 2018 and switched on Dec 5th 2019, surely I should not be charged an exit fee. My last bill was up to Nov 1st 2019, so I now await an accurate partial bill without that exit fee. 
15.12.2019 23:48 #20
I too have faced this issue just now. How can I get it resolved?
16.12.2019 08:43 #21
Hi Chemistry3 and CPTM, 

We regret to read this. 

Can you please send us a private message with your account details? We would like to look into this for you.

We require the following information: 

- Your full name
- Your account number
- The first line of your address
- Your contact number
- Confirmation that you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards, 
Aoife
06.01.2020 20:24 #22
Originally posted by Electric Ireland: Aoife
Hi Chemistry3 and CPTM, 

We regret to read this. 

Can you please send us a private message with your account details? We would like to look into this for you.

We require the following information: 

- Your full name
- Your account number
- The first line of your address
- Your contact number
- Confirmation that you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards, 
Aoife

Sorry for the delay. PM sent - I see 50 euro was charged to both electricity and gas. 100 euro altogether!
06.01.2020 20:31 #23
I thought it was just the insurance industry that were crooks .....
1 thank
07.01.2020 08:35 #24
Hi CPTM,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We will get back to your PM as soon as possible. 

Kind regards, 
Aoife
19.03.2020 13:38 #25
In March, 2020 this 'error' is still being made. It can no longer be called a mistake or system error. 
I have had to contact Electric Ireland to get it removed 
Not so much as an apology, just 'the exit fee has been removed'
1 thank
19.03.2020 13:44 #26
Just to say that the very same thing happened to me around the end of January, when I switched away from Electric Ireland to a different company. Was happy at the time that it was resolved very quickly when I phoned them about it. But as somebody else points out here, the fact that it's being resolved so quickly when you contact them suggests it's the kind of thing that's happening very often. 
1 thank
19.03.2020 13:46 #27
Verified representative
Hi Orla,

We are extremely sorry about this. We can assure it is an error.

If you would like us to escalate it further, just private message us the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number, and state for GDPR (Data Protection) that you were the account-holder of that Electric Ireland account.

Kind regards,
Una
20.03.2020 11:59 #28
Una
Your pm said nothing I haven't seen in your responses to the other people affected by this 'error'.  I can't see how you can call it an error and say it is being worked on continuously and being corrected when it has been going on for years and affects so many people. 
1 thank
20.03.2020 12:01 #29
Hi Una 

How many customers have been affected by this error? 

I've no doubt complaints are being logged for each and every case so it should be easy to tell us. 
1 thank
20.03.2020 20:38 #30
Almost like it's policy to charge and default to it's an error when you get caught out ... because of the length of time this error has been going on .... someone is saying it's ok
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video