Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Paperless Statements

08.02.2019 14:13 #46
Several days ago I closed both of my accounts, current and saver account, and I don't have any other business with KBC. Before that I cleared all my accounts. Yesterday I found 4 (yes, four) letters in my mailbox from KBC:

1) Letter to confirm that my current account is closed now;
2) Letter to confirm that my saver account is closed;
3) Letter that interest (few euros) occurred on my saver account from start of the year and that it is withdrawn (in reality, transferred to the current acc.)
4) Letter that those funds are withdrawn from current account (i.e. transferred to my current account in another bank).

I understand that these actions must be confirmed in writing if I can't access online account after closing my accounts in KBC. But at least all these letters could have been sent in one envelope. If nothing else, it would show a bit of environmental awareness, especially in these days when many scream about environmental crisis.

Sure we can say that it is not really relevant now, and not a big deal, but it explains how internal system, software and processes in KBC work. These are half baked and focused on luring in new customers only, but they don't listen to current customers at all. That is why they have "cool new features" like Fitbit/Garmin Pay or overview of accounts with other banks, but you still can't manage Direct Debits from the app or choose to receive statements and all other correspondence electronically only, even after a few years of constant complaints from customers.

I apologize to KBC representatives here for this small rant, I'm aware that it has nothing to to with them, but rather with (un)responsible decision makers in KBC.

BTW I still haven't received closing statements showing transactions since the start of the year on my current and saver accounts. I guess I can expect them as well, in additional, separate two letters. :)
2 thanks
11.02.2019 09:05 #47
Hello Selenophile,

Thanks for getting in touch.

At KBC, we understand that we have an important role to play in society in addressing sustainability challenges and this is something we take seriously. Environmental responsibility is one of the key pillars of our sustainability strategy and we’re very much committed to looking at ways we can make changes. Amendments to how our customers receive statements are currently in development and will be rolled out over a period of time.

I can arrange for someone to call you so you can order your closing statement if you would like to PM me your phone number?

Thanks

Aoife
2 thanks
11.02.2019 16:58 #48
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife
...Environmental responsibility is one of the key pillars of our sustainability strategy and we’re very much committed to looking at ways we can make changes. Amendments to how our customers receive statements are currently in development and will be rolled out over a period of time...

How about not hitting PRINT?

This thread is two years old now and KBC are still saying they're working on it. How hard can it be?

Not having a go at you, Aoife - obviously it's completely out of your hands - but it's frustrating that KBC still aren't seriously addressing this issue. 
2 thanks
13.02.2019 19:14 #49
Hi Aoife,

Thanks for your reply. There is no need to hurry with those closing statements yet. I guess I will receive them soon anyway.

With regard to environmental responsibility, the problem here is that I'm talking to you as a (now former) customer to the customer support representative. This forum is for customers' issues where you're trying to help the best you can and not really a place where we can complain about the bank's policy, strategy and investments related to aforementioned environmental and in wider sense - social responsibility. Also, in this case, this environmental aspect of an issue is really a secondary one, and this thread is about customers asking for the same thing for a few years now. I believe it stopped being an issue that can be resolved by customer support (i.e. you and your colleagues here) a very long time ago.

However, if we were to talk as one employee to another, I don't want to cause any more unnecessary work for you, nor just be a nuisance. :)
22.02.2019 17:55 #50
This thread been open over 2 years now.

What is the current situation with regards paperless statement's? 

In this day and age there is no need for paper statements, I don't even read them just shread them as soon as they arrive. As I manage my accounts online and know whats coming and going.

Is paperless statement's on your road map?
27.02.2019 18:30 #51
Just FYI, I requested no more hard copy statements through the bank's website as I think the number of requests through those channels may count for more (could be completely wrong on that in fairness). The reply was very quick but said that "We currently do not have the facility to go paperless for the moment. This is something we hope to introduce in the future but do not have a timeframe for this. All statements will continue to issue by post as normal." So I don't think there's anything in the works on this at all.
03.04.2019 12:18 #52
Im amazed this thread is still rolling on approx 3 years later, has over 6000 views and KBC have taken no action. 
I ended up closing my account and then subsequently moved my mortgage to another bank that does offer paperless statements. 
Funnily enough when I  was asked why I was closing the account and I told the person at the hub the reason was because KBC couldn't/wouldnt surpress statements and go paperless. 
I was told that it was in the pipeline, paperless statements would be rolled out shortly and I shouldn't close my account for that reason. 
That was about 2 years ago. 
Obviously the person at the hub was `mistaken'. 
03.04.2019 14:41 #53
Originally posted by El Cabron
Im amazed this thread is still rolling on approx 3 years later, has over 6000 views and KBC have taken no action. 
I ended up closing my account and then subsequently moved my mortgage to another bank that does offer paperless statements. 
Funnily enough when I  was asked why I was closing the account and I told the person at the hub the reason was because KBC couldn't/wouldnt surpress statements and go paperless. 
I was told that it was in the pipeline, paperless statements would be rolled out shortly and I shouldn't close my account for that reason. 
That was about 2 years ago. 
Obviously the person at the hub was `mistaken'. 

I guess this thread will be very hot around July, when all those Ulster Bank customers that are currently so happy for moving to KBC, receive their statements and figure out that they can't go paperless.
03.04.2019 15:00 #54
If you ever want to see a Kodak moment,  pull a large six figure balance when you're closing an account at KBC.  :)
12.04.2019 14:14 #55
As a customer who joined KBC recently, I am astounded by the fact that I cannot opt to go paperless.

Had I seen this thread prior to joining, I would never have opened an account.  I also was advised that 

"there is no facility" to cease paper statements being sent out.... this is completely bonkers and easily fixed.
1 thank
12.04.2019 23:31 #56
I have a weekly standing order from our joint account to an account outside the country. It's my own account.

I now receive a letter every week confirming payment.
13.04.2019 13:48 #57
Just received another paper statement, what a complete waste.
I shudder to think about the amount of paper wasted by KBC on a daily basis.
This needs to be sorted asap.
How is it that in 2019 I can't request paperless statements?!
1 thank
13.04.2019 13:51 #58
Originally posted by unhappys10
Just received another paper statement, what a complete waste.
I shudder to think about the amount of paper wasted by KBC on a daily basis.
This needs to be sorted asap.
How is it that in 2019 I can't request paperless statements?!

This, and the lack of custom date range statements, has resulted in me moving on from KBC.

Have opened an account elsewhere, and in the process of switching.

I vote with my feet, it's the only way I know how.
2 thanks
16.04.2019 06:57 #59
You need to prioritise this. I get lodgement receipts several times weekly that I don’t need because I can see it online. Hats more is the envelopes used are not even recyclable due to the plastic window.
16.04.2019 08:10 #60
Originally posted by Gael23
You need to prioritise this. I get lodgement receipts several times weekly that I don’t need because I can see it online. Hats more is the envelopes used are not even recyclable due to the plastic window.

"This is something we're working on and hope to introduce soon."

- KBC, 2 years and 2 months ago on this very thread
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list