Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

SMS charges 57976

06.10.2019 12:33 #61
Hi ,

Just been hit by this scam as well, contacted my provider, same spin as all of you before contact them directly, this was the response:

I have checked our records against the mobile number below and we can see from our logs that there has been a genuine entry from the mobile phone, please see a brief explanation of how and when this entry occurred below.

•             This number was entered into our fitness Portal on the 5th September 2019.  This is a one off payment fitness service giving you 28 days access for 20 Euros and further details can be found at http://vfit.guru/home/login 

•             Whilst browsing the internet you will have seen a button that advised ‘Join Now’ to gain access to our Personal Trainer service ‘Your Fitness Guru’, which offers the benefits of using a personal trainer at a fraction of the normal price. It delivers each user a personalised plan, easy to follow workout videos and a recipe book with 50+ healthy meal suggestions. This is clearly stated directly below the submit button along with the charge amount for the service.  Once clicked the page refreshed asking you to confirm your entry, again advising the charge amount. This then had a tick displayed to confirm once this had been done, the page refreshed again asking you to continue to the vfitguru website.

•             Following the online entry, a text message was sent advising “FreeMsg: U have joined vFit.guru for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400301 SP: vFit.Guru”  We then sent another text immediately after reading “Welcome to vFit.guru. You have 28 days access to our fitness content.” This also contained a link to go straight to the website to start your fitness journey.

•             I can confirm that the entry into this service has been cancelled and no further messages will be sent.

I emailed back I want a full refund or else I'll be taking it further, fu**in scam artists :-(
20.10.2019 12:36 #62
Originally posted by tinofapples
Hi ,

Just been hit by this scam as well, contacted my provider, same spin as all of you before contact them directly, this was the response:

I have checked our records against the mobile number below and we can see from our logs that there has been a genuine entry from the mobile phone, please see a brief explanation of how and when this entry occurred below.

•             This number was entered into our fitness Portal on the 5th September 2019.  This is a one off payment fitness service giving you 28 days access for 20 Euros and further details can be found at http://vfit.guru/home/login ;

•             Whilst browsing the internet you will have seen a button that advised ‘Join Now’ to gain access to our Personal Trainer service ‘Your Fitness Guru’, which offers the benefits of using a personal trainer at a fraction of the normal price. It delivers each user a personalised plan, easy to follow workout videos and a recipe book with 50+ healthy meal suggestions. This is clearly stated directly below the submit button along with the charge amount for the service.  Once clicked the page refreshed asking you to confirm your entry, again advising the charge amount. This then had a tick displayed to confirm once this had been done, the page refreshed again asking you to continue to the vfitguru website.

•             Following the online entry, a text message was sent advising “FreeMsg: U have joined vFit.guru for 28 days access for Euro 20 (8x Euro 2.50 msgs). Help? 0818400301 SP: vFit.Guru”  We then sent another text immediately after reading “Welcome to vFit.guru. You have 28 days access to our fitness content.” This also contained a link to go straight to the website to start your fitness journey.

•             I can confirm that the entry into this service has been cancelled and no further messages will be sent.

I emailed back I want a full refund or else I'll be taking it further, fu**in scam artists :-(

How did they scam you ?

You decided to look at some fitness website.
Then You decided to sign up to some plan.
Then You decided to confirm.

I dont see any scam here.

This was your own choice
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list