Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

17 hrs
Response Time
76%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

SMS charges 57976

17.07.2017 18:47 #46
Hi anyone know anything about exclusive vouchers????and how mutch they charge????
18.07.2017 08:32 #47
Originally posted by masterboy123
I contacted ComReg and that helped me with it. At the end they could prove that I actually subscribed to them (through Zara clothing) so i didn't get any refund.

Hello "Master Boy". I still got a refund even though the scammers proved I had somehow contacted them. They had my phone details, make and model and some date I had allegedly signed up to their scam. I threatened them with ComReg and they promptly refunded.

I still went forward with contacting ComReg to try and stop this consumer issue happening to other victims but toothless ComReg declined to take the matter further as I had received a refund.

Under ComReg's  Roles and responsibilitied, "We are responsible for facilitating competition, for protecting consumers....."

Sorry to quote the DailyMail but the director of one of the scamming companies is former ComReg so the rot goes deep.

http://www.dailymail.c...iption-services.html
2 thanks
17.08.2017 21:58 #48
In a similar situation with a child's phone. Two in fact. Credit just gets gobbled up immediately.
 It's really mean!
Does anyone know if I get a new sim does it stop? Is that the easiest way to go?
1 thank
18.08.2017 07:59 #49
New sim will stop it.
If you want to keep same numbers then contact them by email and unsubscribe. Also tell them you're reporting you ComReg.

Originally posted by Daisy 55
In a similar situation with a child's phone. Two in fact. Credit just gets gobbled up immediately.
 It's really mean!
Does anyone know if I get a new sim does it stop? Is that the easiest way to go?
1 thank
05.06.2019 11:12 #50
Sorry to bump old thread.
This has happened to me yesterday. All credit drained by bogus text service I never signed up to. Not sure how to proceed. Very upsetting.
It's the same 57976 number.
05.06.2019 13:31 #51
I didn't get any money back. Report it to Tesco Mobile and ComReg so they can block it and your future credits will be secured.
07.06.2019 12:34 #52
Originally posted by Fishorsealant
Sorry to bump old thread.
This has happened to me yesterday. All credit drained by bogus text service I never signed up to. Not sure how to proceed. Very upsetting.
It's the same 57976 number.

Hello Fishorsealant,

Romas here. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Could you please send us a private message here with your phone number, full name, address and mother's maiden name, and we will take a look into your account. We will identify which third party company is charging you and advise how to stop it.

Kind regards,
Romas.
20.06.2019 02:13 #53
This has just happened me tonight topped up €20 this morning and gone now. The company is gamersville with the 57976 number. Do I report it to Three Ireland it com reg ?
21.06.2019 12:13 #54
Hello Longview80,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. In order to stop these premium content text messages, please text STOP to 57976. This should stop the future charges for these services. We would advise to get in contact with the company itself, so they can provide information on when and how your mobile number got a subscription with them.

Kind regards,
Romas
24.06.2019 18:51 #55
I’m not with Tesco Mobile but this might be of intrest to someone on this thread. I got scammed by them on Saturday afternoon. So I got on to my provider to block all short code numbers in the future. Then I got on to ComReg and got the contact details from them. Sent an email to them requesting an refund also stating that I’d been in contact with ComReg. I actually got a reply saying they would give me a refund but they want my PayPal email address, full name and phone number. Should I give them all this information.
09.09.2019 21:41 #56
I'm having the same issue now, though with a Virgin Mobile phone account, not Tesco. The phone user is a teenager under 18, so would not be in a position to enter into a legal contract that incurs charges.

Did anyone deal with this issue before, with an u.18?
11.09.2019 19:15 #57
My partner was scammed too. So it must be on the go again. Vodafone €7.61 taken last month, and €7.49 taken this month. Number was blocked by Vodafone and I also cancelled the subscription to the site as advised by Vodafone. Even though I never subscribed to anything. 

The number is 57976 and purports to be from MobiPlanet. The web address has umelimited in it. 

My partner's financial loss is mall in comparison to others but it`s a scam for sure and unfortunately Vodafone cannot help with refunds.
1 thank
11.09.2019 22:19 #58
Originally posted by Redhenrun
 unfortunately Vodafone cannot help with refunds.

Can't help or won't help?
11.09.2019 22:47 #59
Vodafone can block the number but cannot cancel the ‘subscription’. My partner is unaware of having subscribed to anything.
15.09.2019 12:57 #60
Originally posted by Redhenrun
Vodafone can block the number but cannot cancel the ‘subscription’. My partner is unaware of having subscribed to anything.

The phone companies should do more to protect consumers. They are literally dipping their hands into their own customers wallet (for those on billpay direct debits) and taking customer's cash - and they have a responsibility.

Some kind of opt-in facility to allow these subscriptions/charges, rather than defaulting to having them available would be a good start.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video