Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

SMS charges 57976

16.11.2016 12:16 #1
Hi,
I am getting SMS from this number 57976 and every time i receive an SMS from them i am being charged 2.50 euros and all of my balance has finished. I didn't opt for it. How do i get my money back? I already texted OPTOUT but haven't received any confirmation from them.
Thanks
16.11.2016 12:36 #2
Originally posted by masterboy123
Hi,
I am getting SMS from this number 57976 and every time i receive an SMS from them i am being charged 2.50 euros and all of my balance has finished. I didn't opt for it. How do i get my money back? I already texted OPTOUT but haven't received any confirmation from them.
Thanks

Hi masterboy123,

I am very sorry to hear this. The SMS may be marketing related and you can try text back and ask them to stop sending, or text STOP or OPTOUT if it's from a subscription service.

There are also apps to "blacklist" unwanted SMS - http://www.technipages...from-specific-person.

Sometimes these numbers are a scam and you may need to contact Comreg to have it fully stopped or to try get your money back that was taken.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
Aoife
1 thank
16.11.2016 18:39 #3
I tried Comreg but look at this message:

Before you begin:
ComReg cannot act on your complaint until you have raised it with your service provider and their complaint handling process is completed. This is because the main responsibility for resolving a complaint lies with your service provider, as they have the direct relationship with you.

You should always contact your service provider first if you have a complaint or a query in relation to your home telephone line.

Where do i stand now?

Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Aoife
Hi masterboy123,

I am very sorry to hear this. The SMS may be marketing related and you can try text back and ask them to stop sending, or text STOP or OPTOUT if it's from a subscription service.

There are also apps to "blacklist" unwanted SMS - http://www.technipages...from-specific-person.

Sometimes these numbers are a scam and you may need to contact Comreg to have it fully stopped or to try get your money back that was taken.

Thanks,
Aoife
17.11.2016 08:55 #4
I tried Comreg but look at this message:

Before you begin:
ComReg cannot act on your complaint until you have raised it with your service provider and their complaint handling process is completed. This is because the main responsibility for resolving a complaint lies with your service provider, as they have the direct relationship with you.

You should always contact your service provider first if you have a complaint or a query in relation to your home telephone line.

Where do i stand now?

Hi masterboy123,

There are also apps to "blacklist" unwanted SMS - http://www.technipages.com/android-block-text-messages-from-specific-person.

Thanks,
Aoife

Hi masterboy123,

We cannot stop these scam text messages from our end unfortunately. If you have text STOP or OPTOUT and you are still being charged then Comreg can assist you further with this issue. I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you again.

Thanks,
Aoife
1 thank
24.11.2016 18:16 #5
Hi again,
I topped up with 15 euros on 16 Nov. & my balance is gone again now.
I have blocked the number so they can't send me any sms but looks like it is not working out. I have contacted comreg but no response from them so far.

What could be done now?
24.11.2016 18:44 #6
Hi again,
I topped up with 15 euros on 16 Nov. & my balance is gone again now.
I have blocked the number so they can't send me any sms but looks like it is not working out. I have contacted comreg but no response from them so far.

What could be done now?

Hi Masterboy123,

I am really sorry for this. Have you texted both STOP and OPTOUT the number in question?

Thanks,
Aoife
24.11.2016 18:47 #7
Yes i have done these and even blocked the number at last

Hi Masterboy123,

I am really sorry for this. Have you texted both STOP and OPTOUT the number in question?

Thanks,
Aoife
25.11.2016 10:10 #8
Yes i have done these and even blocked the number at last

Hi Masterboy123,

Thanks,
Aoife

Hi masterboy123,

The only other thing that I can suggest is to google the name of the company that is texting you and see if there is a contact number for them and contact them directly about this.

As Aoife was saying, they are a third party subscription service and we can not unsubscribe you from here.

Thanks
Elisa
25.11.2016 17:22 #9
I will try to contact them.
Could you not block the number from sending me text msgs?

Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Elisa
Hi masterboy123,

The only other thing that I can suggest is to google the name of the company that is texting you and see if there is a contact number for them and contact them directly about this.

As Aoife was saying, they are a third party subscription service and we can not unsubscribe you from here.

Thanks
Elisa
25.11.2016 17:26 #10
I will try to contact them.
Could you not block the number from sending me text msgs?

Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Elisa
Hi masterboy123,

Thanks
Elisa

Hi Masterboy123,

If you save the number as a contact and then block the contact from your handset this this may work for you.

Thanks,
Aoife
03.01.2017 21:59 #11
Hi Masterboy & Aoife,

I'm wondering:

Am I the only one who wonders how to contact 57976 ?

On the ComReg webiste under 57976 it gives the contact email address as umelimited.

When I google umelimited it says they are at Shephard's Bush in London.
04.01.2017 10:18 #12
Category Moderator
2 thanks
04.01.2017 12:05 #13
Davy,
Thanks for your post.  Actually in my case it was Universal Mobile Enterprises Limited. 
I got the mail below back from them.
I have replied saying that I never subscribed to any service and can I have my money back now please.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has corresponded with UME, and how it went.

Dear user,

Many thanks for your enquiry. I can confirm that any billing attempts 
made have been due to a purchase made on the RealGirls mobile 
entertainment video streaming service. Billing is requested when 
customers make a purchase on the service in exchange for 7 days 
unlimited access to all video content (including browsing and 
streaming). For billing to occur, you would have had to enter your phone 
number (or be automatically identified by browsing the service via your 
carrier's 3G connection) and verify your purchase request. Upon this 
validation, your request would have initiated a premium billing request 
for €15 (6x€2.50) in return for the 7 days access described above.
For your peace of mind, I can confirm that this service is not a 
subscription service and no repeat billing will occur unless an 
additional purchase is explicitly initiated.

I hope that this answers your questions but please don't hesitate to get 
in touch should you have any further queries with regards to the 
service.

Best regards,

Customer service UME
04.01.2017 12:05 #14
Davy,
Thanks for your post.  Actually in my case it was Universal Mobile Enterprises Limited. 
I got the mail below back from them.
I have replied saying that I never subscribed to any service and can I have my money back now please.
I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has corresponded with UME, and how it went.

Dear user,

Many thanks for your enquiry. I can confirm that any billing attempts 
made have been due to a purchase made on the RealGirls mobile 
entertainment video streaming service. Billing is requested when 
customers make a purchase on the service in exchange for 7 days 
unlimited access to all video content (including browsing and 
streaming). For billing to occur, you would have had to enter your phone 
number (or be automatically identified by browsing the service via your 
carrier's 3G connection) and verify your purchase request. Upon this 
validation, your request would have initiated a premium billing request 
for €15 (6x€2.50) in return for the 7 days access described above.
For your peace of mind, I can confirm that this service is not a 
subscription service and no repeat billing will occur unless an 
additional purchase is explicitly initiated.

I hope that this answers your questions but please don't hesitate to get 
in touch should you have any further queries with regards to the 
service.

Best regards,

Customer service UME
04.01.2017 17:11 #15
Davy,

A further update on this:  I just had the following Email from the 57976 service provider:

"Kindly read once more the details of the activation as written in our previous email. Please see attached the opt ins associated with your handset as per your request.
The company is UME Limited. That said, it is never ideal to see an unhappy customer. Therefore, in order to resolve the problem and move-on we are willing to proceed with a 50% goodwill refund.
Please provide us with your Paypal address or bank details (IBAN + SWIFT written correctly), so we may proceed."
Best regards,
Maria B.
UME Customer Support"

They include a table showing time and date when I clicked, IP address etc.  When I go to my Chrome app. browser history, I can see that it does look like I might have double clicked.  Their ad. is on a well known streaming site (not an 'exotic' movie site, a conventional movie site), and I was in the pub at 8.45 pm searching on the streaming site trying to remember the name of a film we were chatting about in the pub.  I was talking to ComReg just now, and what's interesting is even if you don't stream the content you are inadvertently signing up for, you pay (i.e.) you pay to get the link to the content.

I have a couple or remaining questions:

Now that I know precisely when I unwittingly double clicked, I can be 100% sure  I didn't type in my phone number.  So it looks like they got my my number as they say in the mail I posted "automatically identified by browsing the service via your carrier's 3G connection".  Is there something I can set in app. permissions, or my mobile network provider can set, so that when I am browsing in 3/4G my phone number is not visible to these sites?

For the refund, this company, located who know's where, who don't put their address on their Emails,  who claim I contracted with them, is asking me for my bank account details. The money went to them via my phone service provider, surely the refund should come back via the phone service provider ?

Have other people given these guys their bank account details ?
2 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon