Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

4G

26.09.2016 14:52 #1
Hello - just wondering, do you offer a 4G service across the country or is it just 3G / H+  ?
26.09.2016 16:18 #2
Originally posted by Andy From Sligo
Hello - just wondering, do you offer a 4G service across the country or is it just 3G / H+  ?

Hi Andy From Sligo,

No, we do not offer a 4G service at this time. Once we have more information regarding the introduction of 4G on the network, we shall update our customers accordingly. However, you would still be able to avail of our 3G service.

Thanks,
Luke
1 thank
26.09.2016 16:20 #3
They've had the same response for a very very VERY long time. If 4G is required, don't come with any expectations. Saying that, their 3g seemed fine. 
1 thank
26.09.2016 18:48 #4
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Luke

Hi Andy From Sligo,

No, we do not offer a 4G service at this time. Once we have more information regarding the introduction of 4G on the network, we shall update our customers accordingly. However, you would still be able to avail of our 3G service.

Thanks,
Luke

Thanks for reply. in all fairness all Network providers should be able to supply 4G these days, its technology has been around for ages, and are you not using Three masts or O2 old masts I would have thought these would have had 4G as standard. - was reading the other day the UK are going to be offering 5G soon
26.09.2016 19:30 #5

Hi Andy From Sligo,

Thanks,
Luke

Thanks for reply. in all fairness all Network providers should be able to supply 4G these days, its technology has been around for ages, and are you not using Three masts or O2 old masts I would have thought these would have had 4G as standard. - was reading the other day the UK are going to be offering 5G soon

Hi Andy From Sligo,

You are correct in saying that we do run off the 02 and Three masts. I do apologies that we do not have a proper timeframe to give you as to when we will have 4G.

Thanks,
Sarah
1 thank
27.09.2016 14:21 #6
Just so everyone knows, Tesco will never go to 4G and if thats what you want go to another network.

I asked 2 years ago and zero, dont waste your time here.

They were a good network and not anymore.

Outsourcing/terminating old peoples accounts etc.
Avoid at all costs.

I moved last year and never looked back
2 thanks
27.09.2016 15:04 #7
Originally posted by 5.11 Tactical
Just so everyone knows, Tesco will never go to 4G and if thats what you want go to another network.

I asked 2 years ago and zero, dont waste your time here.

They were a good network and not anymore.

Outsourcing/terminating old peoples accounts etc.
Avoid at all costs.

I moved last year and never looked back

Hi 5.11 Tactical,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. I can advise that 4G is on our roadmap, unfortunately we do not have any information regarding an introduction date at this time. Once we have more information, we will send out an update.

Thanks,
Luke
27.09.2016 18:35 #8
blimey should imagine this situation (and not having a proper date for when Tesco will go 4G) is putting a lot of customers off joining Tesco Mobile (new and old customers) - its not doing you any favours in terms of getting customers I should think because people require (expect) the fastest data broadband these days on their phones, well especially in towns and as you get near to towns. Think of all the custom/business you could be loosing because you dont offer 4G or dont have a handle on when (if) you will be offering it not only in the mobile market but also if you got into 4G you could be a contender for the home/business broadband market that rely on using 4G router

- I can never understand when someone goes into the technology market they do it in a half hearted way and keep up with the current technology ... the current technology from all the other players in Ireland (mobile network providers) is offering 4G service and 4G plans ... so where you you fit in this market if you are only offering a 3G Network and have no date penciled in as to when you are going to offer 4G to your customers!  ... and the other Irony... you sell 4G handsets on bill Pay and pre-pay and are pushing them in your marketing!!
3 thanks
28.09.2016 09:16 #9
blimey should imagine this situation (and not having a proper date for when Tesco will go 4G) is putting a lot of customers off joining Tesco Mobile (new and old customers) - its not doing you any favours in terms of getting customers I should think because people require (expect) the fastest data broadband these days on their phones, well especially in towns and as you get near to towns. Think of all the custom/business you could be loosing because you dont offer 4G or dont have a handle on when (if) you will be offering it not only in the mobile market but also if you got into 4G you could be a contender for the home/business broadband market that rely on using 4G router

- I can never understand when someone goes into the technology market they do it in a half hearted way and keep up with the current technology ... the current technology from all the other players in Ireland (mobile network providers) is offering 4G service and 4G plans ... so where you you fit in this market if you are only offering a 3G Network and have no date penciled in as to when you are going to offer 4G to your customers!  ... and the other Irony... you sell 4G handsets on bill Pay and pre-pay and are pushing them in your marketing!!

Hi Andy from Sligo,

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed this on to my supervisor. Yes, we are currently offering some 4G compatible phones, this specification is done by the manufacturer not the mobile network. Unfortunately I do not have any new information regarding this query. Sorry if this response is unsatisfactory but as soon as we have more information, we shall send out an update.

Thanks,
Luke
28.09.2016 09:57 #10
^^^

Nevermind 4G... 

Why aren't you addressing the complete lack of ANY 3G service in the massive hole between Party/Kilmaine/Roscommon/Tuam/Athlone? This is hardly a mountainous region...

http://www.tescomobile.ie/our-network/
28.09.2016 13:06 #11
Originally posted by MBSnr
^^^

Nevermind 4G... 

Why aren't you addressing the complete lack of ANY 3G service in the massive hole between Party/Kilmaine/Roscommon/Tuam/Athlone? This is hardly a mountainous region...

Hi MBSnr,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you have a specific query about the service in your own area please send our Reps page here a PM with your name, full home address, mobile number and mothers maiden name and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Luke
28.09.2016 14:11 #12
Originally posted by MBSnr
^^^

Nevermind 4G... 

Hi MBSnr,

I'm sorry to hear about this. If you have a specific query about the service in your own area please send our Reps page here a PM with your name, full home address, mobile number and mothers maiden name and we can look into this for you.

Thanks,
Luke

I have already asked by PM and have been told over the last 2 years that my local mast (which is a Three 3G one) was at first 'being merged with the O2 network', then that the mast will go 3G at some point, to it now being unavailable for TM users with no update if it ever will be... 

One mast not being enabled I can understand, but to leave out all the others in an area around 1000 sq miles (from Lough Corrib eastwards until Roscommon) is surely just unfathomable, since Three masts blanket cover this area with 3G/4G already... How do you hope to compete in the future with such a patchy network?

I have wifi at the house and have a decent legacy monthly deal with TM. These are the only reasons I stay with your network, otherwise I'd have long moved on.

What I don't understand is why TM cannot make available 3G on all Three masts? What's going on? Will your coverage increase (including 4G - as others have said above)? 

At least you aren't saying that it's still a 'network merge' 1.5 years after they officially became one entity in Mar 2015...
1 thank
28.09.2016 16:39 #13
I made such a bad decision a couple of months back, i shot myself in the foot and its my fault. I used to be with Meteor Mobile Pre-Pay and got a great 3G & H+ in all areas of my house. One day walking through Tesco store I see a phone I liked the Huawei GX8 and whats more it was on the 29eur bill pay PM - and I got it and changed over got home and found that on Tesco Mobile that the best I can get inside the house is EDGE and thats it, wont go to 3G unless I go out of house and down drive so it must be poorer signal/mast than meteor - anyway I was tempted to use the 14day return handset and go back to Meteor ... but deliberated, and before I knew it the 14 days had passed. Know it was my fault  but now tied to another 22 months of poor EDGE signal when i want to use Internet on my phone inside the house. To add insult to it all I dont even use the Huawei now, i put the TM sim in one of my older unlocked phones - hey ho thats life I suppose ,

I just wish when mobile phone providers have a ropey signal in some areas they can negotiate with other providers to roam using their masts. I know it can be done because years ago on my Meteor mobile if I had only 2 or 3 bars of meteor signal I could go into phone mobile provider settings and choose 'Vodafone' and the bars would go up to good quality 5 bars and vice versa that used to be quite handy. In the end Meteor updated their masts signal so they didnt have to do that any more.
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon