Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Tesco Mobile Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 8am - 8:00pm

Contact Tesco Mobile if your going away or be cut off

04.06.2016 08:21 #1
Just seen this in a post where a tesco rep is suggesting you should contact tesco and give them your travel plans before going abroad or risk being cut off as a security risk

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057597011

How utterly absurd
04.06.2016 09:13 #2
Ha yes they back tracked on this one aswell!
04.06.2016 15:05 #3
Would demanding passports for payg but ok with data protection rules ? Why the need for the data?
06.06.2016 14:04 #4
they want to verify your identity with non existent information they have on file.
3 thanks
07.06.2016 08:41 #5
Hi All,

I would like to advise that you do not have to contact us before you go abroad, or provide and details relating to this before travelling. Our Security team carry out routine Security checks, and would only suspend an account if they detect an anomoly on the usage.

We would not suspend an account for no reason, nor would we suspend your account if you choose to use your phone abroad.

Thanks,
Claire
07.06.2016 10:22 #6
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Claire
Hi All,

I would like to advise that you do not have to contact us before you go abroad, or provide and details relating to this before travelling. Our Security team carry out routine Security checks, and would only suspend an account if they detect an anomoly on the usage.

We would not suspend an account for no reason, nor would we suspend your account if you choose to use your phone abroad.

Thanks,
Claire

Can you elaborate on this for us please? What kind of anomaly? What if someone was making a call at 4:30am, would that be an anomaly as they perhaps never made a call at that time before? Or if they called from another country while on holiday, would that be an anomaly?

I know of two ladies who are considering using Tesco mobile for their staff (120+ staff) and are keeping an eye on this thread as 15% of the staff travel with their job but from talking with one last night they are now looking elsewhere as while Tesco are good value cost wise it would cost them more in possible lost revenue if their staff were to be cut off because of an "anomaly" and could not be contacted!

I am also aware on a few teachers who are telling parents and students not to use Tesco for that very reason, it was a real concern for some parents that their kids phones may be cut of because of an "anomaly" and then the kids are not contactable!!

Tesco would want to sort their sh1t out!!
4 thanks
07.06.2016 13:55 #7
Originally posted by frag420
Hi All,

Thanks,
Claire

Can you elaborate on this for us please? What kind of anomaly? What if someone was making a call at 4:30am, would that be an anomaly as they perhaps never made a call at that time before? Or if they called from another country while on holiday, would that be an anomaly?

I know of two ladies who are considering using Tesco mobile for their staff (120+ staff) and are keeping an eye on this thread as 15% of the staff travel with their job but from talking with one last night they are now looking elsewhere as while Tesco are good value cost wise it would cost them more in possible lost revenue if their staff were to be cut off because of an "anomaly" and could not be contacted!

I am also aware on a few teachers who are telling parents and students not to use Tesco for that very reason, it was a real concern for some parents that their kids phones may be cut of because of an "anomaly" and then the kids are not contactable!!

Hi Frag420,

As stated, we don't suspend customers for roaming, nor will we suspend a customer for making a call at any time. Such an anomaly would only usually occur if the SIM card had been compromised in some way. Obviously, we can't discuss this in detail as to do so would defeat the purpose of us having our security procedures in place.

I'm sorry to hear that these people feel this way. If they have any specific concerns about moving to Tesco Mobile, we would be happy to help if they wish to contact us directly.

Thanks,
Shauna
07.06.2016 14:42 #8
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shauna
Hi All,

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Frag420,

As stated, we don't suspend customers for roaming, nor will we suspend a customer for making a call at any time. Such an anomaly would only usually occur if the SIM card had been compromised in some way. Obviously, we can't discuss this in detail as to do so would defeat the purpose of us having our security procedures in place.

I'm sorry to hear that these people feel this way. If they have any specific concerns about moving to Tesco Mobile, we would be happy to help if they wish to contact us directly.

Thanks,
Shauna

As someone who works closely with several communications companies in the UK and having worked for one of your direct competitors in Ireland I can tell you that this whole " we can't discuss this in detail as to do so would defeat the purpose of us having our security procedures in place" is pure spoof as financial institutes have no problem telling what their security procedure is, all that matters to them is that when asked I provide the correct information, can Tesco not do the same? 

Nobody is looking for crazy details, just what the hell an anomaly according to Tesco Mobile is? Why would you cut someone off if they compromised their simcard? How would one compromise their simcard and how would Tesco know it was compromised? 

Can you give us an example of a few anomalies that have occurred that you all of a sudden could not contact the customer and you decided to cut them of instead. Not looking for anything too crazy, just a couple of examples, cant be too difficult!!

As for those two ladies, that ship has sailed I'm afraid or is very close to sailing. Maybe you can make your superiors in Tesco Towers know that one of my friends is due to talk at an SME event this summer about networking, business referral for SME's in Ireland & UK etc and you will never guess what thread is going to make up part of one of their presentation to other SME owners in Ireland and the UK, you guessed it, its this thread as they intend to talk about customer satisfaction, how not to deal with complaints/enquiries and how transparency with ones customers and clients is paramount. There will be over 250 SME owners in attendance (thats whats booked to attend as of this morning but there will be more added in the coming weeks), all with an ave of 50+ employees! That is about 12,500 potential customers that Tesco may very well lose due to not being transparent with their customers and spoofing at every available opportunity. Not to mention those peoples families who are also potential customers. 
13 thanks
07.06.2016 16:16 #9
Originally posted by Tesco Mobile: Shauna
Hi All,

Thanks,
Claire

Hi Frag420,

Thanks,
Shauna

As someone who works closely with several communications companies in the UK and having worked for one of your direct competitors in Ireland I can tell you that this whole " we can't discuss this in detail as to do so would defeat the purpose of us having our security procedures in place" is pure spoof as financial institutes have no problem telling what their security procedure is, all that matters to them is that when asked I provide the correct information, can Tesco not do the same? 

Nobody is looking for crazy details, just what the hell an anomaly according to Tesco Mobile is? Why would you cut someone off if they compromised their simcard? How would one compromise their simcard and how would Tesco know it was compromised? 

Can you give us an example of a few anomalies that have occurred that you all of a sudden could not contact the customer and you decided to cut them of instead. Not looking for anything too crazy, just a couple of examples, cant be too difficult!!

As for those two ladies, that ship has sailed I'm afraid or is very close to sailing. Maybe you can make your superiors in Tesco Towers know that one of my friends is due to talk at an SME event this summer about networking, business referral for SME's in Ireland & UK etc and you will never guess what thread is going to make up part of one of their presentation to other SME owners in Ireland and the UK, you guessed it, its this thread as they intend to talk about customer satisfaction, how not to deal with complaints/enquiries and how transparency with ones customers and clients is paramount. There will be over 250 SME owners in attendance (thats whats booked to attend as of this morning but there will be more added in the coming weeks), all with an ave of 50+ employees! That is about 12,500 potential customers that Tesco may very well lose due to not being transparent with their customers and spoofing at every available opportunity. Not to mention those peoples families who are also potential customers. 

Just saving the reps on here some time by copying and pasting a reply

Hi Frag420,

Thanks,
Shauna
6 thanks
09.06.2016 09:35 #10
Anomaly - A person or thing that is different from what is usual, or not in agreement with something else and therefore not satisfactory....

So above is the definition of what an anomaly is. I think it fare and best practice that you tell us what these anomalies are so that Tesco customers can prevent getting cut off in the future!

From reading the description it would seem that Tesco mobile are different from what is the usual, EG good customer care and transparency, however they are far from satisfactory!!

Anomaly = Tesco Mobile
1 thank
17.06.2016 14:41 #11
Tech Mahindra, are you able to explain what an anomaly is?
1 thank
18.06.2016 12:24 #12
A rebranding is in order at this stage.
"Anomaly Mobile"

The bill's in the post, Tesco! (Please provide passport along with proof of payment...)

:)
3 thanks
01.07.2016 17:22 #13
It would now appear that Tesco have asked the moderators to help to stop people posting in some threads.  I have just received a warning from Niamh for posting the word "bump" in the Tesco threads.
2 thanks
01.07.2016 20:19 #14
So under what circumstances can Tesco cut me off?
01.07.2016 21:00 #15
In what country is the copy of my passport stored and what security procedures are in place to protect my Id for hackers and snooping employees seems tesco outsource everything?
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video