Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Adverts.ie Representatives

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5.30pm

Items not marked as 'sold' - when obviously sold!

29.03.2016 09:59 #1
As a long time user of Adverts.ie I sing its praises everywhere and think it's a fantastic resource.
But the amount of items now 'sold' but not marked as such is a serious problem. I won't waste my time scrolling through ads that are not actually viable, or placing offers on items that are long gone, and I imagine others won't either. The ladies bicycle section, for example, is littered with this.
Could a banner warning people this is a rule that needs to be strictly observed, be placed? Or email all users warning about this?
I love Adverts.ie, you have created a wonderful site. But this is unbelievably annoying.
1 thank
29.03.2016 14:38 #2
Buying the internet, one box at a time
Hiya leolee, we're aware this is an issue for some folks, and are actively putting solutions in place to prevent this (although this may take some time)
29.03.2016 17:01 #3
Originally posted by Spocker
Hiya leolee, we're aware this is an issue for some folks, and are actively putting solutions in place to prevent this (although this may take some time)

You don't inform sellers clearly what the procedure/etiquette is. For example, in the 'Removing/Deactivating Your Ad' section, there isn't actually any info on this. Also - nothing under 'Using Advert.ie'. So that would be a start and could be done quickly/easily. 
29.03.2016 17:36 #4
Verified representative
We got this on email earlier too and replied there.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video