Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

63 hrs
Response Time
53%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Over 3 Weeks to Process Mortgage and Over 1 Week Without Hearing From KBC

13.08.2020 02:59 #46
Came here to see if anyone was experiencing similar delays, which we were told were covid related. Im totally dismayed to see this is a.very long standing issue. AIP since March. Sale agreed a month. Valuation done a month. Both public sector, using a mortgage broker and still no sign of loan offer. AIP will expire next month and given this delay I hold no hope of getting a drawdown before it expires. Contracts with solicitors. Literally KBC is the only thing holding us up. Likely to lose the house as vendors are fed up waiting.

For a very significant mortgage, this is shockingly poor service. I think I'll call broker to change bank application on Friday if this isn't sorted. There are lots more low rates being offered by other banks and from following other FTB on different threads, they are much easier and faster to deal with. Im posting this to warn others off. Im just sorry I didn't see this any sooner. Wouldn't have bothered dealing with KBC at all.
20.08.2020 17:47 #47
Also experiencing issues almost given up at this point. Our apartment is sale agreed but we were originally promised a decision 5 weeks ago on our approval in principle. Every week we ask them for an estimate on how long it will be and we’ve had everything from IT issues and “being very busy” as excuses and it’ll be at the end of the week etc but it never comes. Looks like we may have to rent a place since the properties we were interested in have gone. Very poor from KBC, I’m beginning to think they just don’t want to give us the approval but can’t issue a rejection as we rightly qualify. Will look to apply elsewhere soon. Anyone else get over their issues? Are other banks as bad?
28.08.2020 15:25 #48
Starting to get so frustrated by KBC, had AIP in June and 21+ days ago we requested to move to loan offer - still nothing - we were informed via broker that we were added to loan offer queue on 13th - 15 days ago. 
Mortgage advisor said the latest tale from KBC is they are having "IT issues". Another weekend in the dark..
28.08.2020 15:43 #49
Originally posted by Queenio
Came here to see if anyone was experiencing similar delays, which we were told were covid related. Im totally dismayed to see this is a.very long standing issue. AIP since March. Sale agreed a month. Valuation done a month. Both public sector, using a mortgage broker and still no sign of loan offer. AIP will expire next month and given this delay I hold no hope of getting a drawdown before it expires. Contracts with solicitors. Literally KBC is the only thing holding us up. Likely to lose the house as vendors are fed up waiting.

For a very significant mortgage, this is shockingly poor service. I think I'll call broker to change bank application on Friday if this isn't sorted. There are lots more low rates being offered by other banks and from following other FTB on different threads, they are much easier and faster to deal with. Im posting this to warn others off. Im just sorry I didn't see this any sooner. Wouldn't have bothered dealing with KBC at all.

If users do a search here, the warnings have been give for a very long time....this is not something new...
(Finding the best rate should not be the sole reason for going with this bank!)

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057798459
28.08.2020 15:44 #50
Originally posted by paruss100
 Are other banks as bad?

In general No but each have there own issues.
16.09.2020 14:39 #51
I am having a similar issue, loan offer documents signed and returned to KBC by courier a week ago and no sign of having been processed yet, apparantly still on the post room!! Builder threatening to pull out and we have to move from our current accomodation this weekend...v stressful....unbelievable....
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon