N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Over 3 Weeks to Process Mortgage and Over 1 Week Without Hearing From KBC

23.11.2016 13:45 #31
Hi padyjoe,

Thanks for your message.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience with KBC so far. If you would like to PM your contact number and how you applied for the mortgage (online, over the phone, in a hub, etc) I will ask the mortgage advisor to call you and follow up on this.

Thanks,
Jenni
27.11.2016 20:15 #32
Thank God I read this thread as we were going to switch to KBC including our current account but after reading this not a hope...
23.12.2016 12:00 #33
I think this thread should be sticky now.

We've been waiting on mortgage approval for 2 months. I'm not going to try to rant either. I don't know whether the advisors are overloaded or not interested. There's no follow up, I have to ask them all the time for what's missing, what's wrong, where the process at. No dedicated person, we're thrown around amid advisors and no one seems to care of answering one simple question.

I have at least 5 business cards on the table already, useless, they are a piece of paper, 'nothing behind it'.

Icing on the cake: Kbc customer with a transparent financial situation. But unfortunately a private person not a business. 
1 thank
23.12.2016 14:35 #34
Verified representative
Originally posted by padyjoe
I think this thread should be sticky now.

We've been waiting on mortgage approval for 2 months. I'm not going to try to rant either. I don't know whether the advisors are overloaded or not interested. There's no follow up, I have to ask them all the time for what's missing, what's wrong, where the process at. No dedicated person, we're thrown around amid advisors and no one seems to care of answering one simple question.

I have at least 5 business cards on the table already, useless, they are a piece of paper, 'nothing behind it'.

Icing on the cake: Kbc customer with a transparent financial situation. But unfortunately a private person not a business. 

Hi padyjoe,
Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear of your experience.
If you could PM your number and I'll arrange for a member of our Mortgage team to contact you to hopefully resolve this.
Thanks,

Niamh
31.05.2017 19:50 #35
I know this thread is 6 months old but obviously still timing issues with KBC mortgage approval. We applied a couple of weeks ago with promises of quick turnaround time but still no word back on when we will know...and that's just for AIP, who knows how long it will take for the loan offer! We have gone sale agreed on a house and contracts are being drawn up so we have made it clear the urgency to get mortgage approval but they keep telling us "it's soon" and feel like we're being fobbed off. As a result we are applying to another bank tomorrow who we have had friends go with and the whole thing was sorted in a week and half, start to finish! Tired of chasing KBC.
01.06.2017 11:27 #36
Verified representative
Originally posted by Muffin87
I know this thread is 6 months old but obviously still timing issues with KBC mortgage approval. We applied a couple of weeks ago with promises of quick turnaround time but still no word back on when we will know...and that's just for AIP, who knows how long it will take for the loan offer! We have gone sale agreed on a house and contracts are being drawn up so we have made it clear the urgency to get mortgage approval but they keep telling us "it's soon" and feel like we're being fobbed off. As a result we are applying to another bank tomorrow who we have had friends go with and the whole thing was sorted in a week and half, start to finish! Tired of chasing KBC.

Hi Muffin87

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry for this experience you've had. Can you please PM your phone number so I can arrange a call back from a mortgage advisor to give an update?

Thanks
Amanda
03.07.2019 17:44 #37
Just few more cent from 2019: the same thing here. Approval in principle since end of April, conditions met and valuation done since mid-may. It's july now, still waiting for loan offer letter... constantly being told that it's going to be issued "tomorrow"... but tomorrow never comes...
1 thank
25.10.2019 20:17 #38
Currently in a similar [email=situation...@danindub]situation...@danindub[/email] did you ever receive your loan offer?

Are we better off trying a different bank because we don't have months to wait
1 thank
26.10.2019 00:37 #39
Originally posted by Piper101
Currently in a similar [email=situation...@danindub]situation...@danindub[/email] did you ever receive your loan offer?

Hi there, yes, we got the loan offer letter finally on July 18... now mind you, getting the money from them was another story, the house valuation expired (literally a day before the funds were due to be issued) and had to be redone... terrible, terrible bank. My solicitor told me that she’s always dismayed when she’s to deal with KBC and Permanent TSB, apparently they’re always slow. She also said EBS are the fast ones.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!
1 thank
04.11.2019 03:47 #40
Originally posted by danindub
Originally posted by Piper101

Hi there, yes, we got the loan offer letter finally on July 18... now mind you, getting the money from them was another story, the house valuation expired (literally a day before the funds were due to be issued) and had to be redone... terrible, terrible bank. My solicitor told me that she’s always dismayed when she’s to deal with KBC and Permanent TSB, apparently they’re always slow. She also said EBS are the fast ones.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Hi danindub

Thanks so much for your response!  Got loan offer (thank god!) last week so fingers crossed the rest of the process goes smoothly.  Although still waiting on contracts :confused:
16.06.2020 10:12 #41
Wish I hadn't read this....we are in the same boat as all the people above who were strung along for weeks on end and at this stage I'm just thinking of starting the whole process again with another bank. Does anyone know if a new bank will accept our 'old' pack- payslips/ bank statement etc are dated Sept 19- Feb 20, or will we have to get more recent ones?
1 thank
25.06.2020 18:00 #42
Originally posted by Thomthumb1
Wish I hadn't read this....we are in the same boat as all the people above who were strung along for weeks on end and at this stage I'm just thinking of starting the whole process again with another bank. Does anyone know if a new bank will accept our 'old' pack- payslips/ bank statement etc are dated Sept 19- Feb 20, or will we have to get more recent ones?

Maybe this will help: KBC in my case did in fact eventually came through.There was some more drama and cutting it really close to expiry of the property valuation, but finally all ended well. Best of luck!

If I had to recommend a bank for mortgage, it would be EBS: had the best experience with them. Though it's probably all down to individual cases and luck.
1 thank
17.07.2020 20:41 #43
The story is same in our case as well. Started the mortgage application at the end of April and still waiting for AIP. All the documentation were handed over and waiting for a response for over a month now. When I rang them last week, they said there is an IT issue with our application. Later this week, they said that it is with the underwriter now and will be given a decision in 3-5 working days. I called them the next day to confirm the same but this time they said that if the underwriter is not looking for additional documents, they'll come back with a decision. We have viewed multiple houses but are in dilemma as we are not even sure what the decision is even after almost 3 months. Will wait for 2 more working days for our AIP as one of the KBC agent instructed. Will be greatly disappointed if we still have to wait. I thought this might be an issue due to COVID-19 but this thread shows that the story is same from 2016.
11.08.2020 08:55 #44
The situation has gone from bad to worse with us. I strongly urge anyone who is in the process of applying for a mortgage with kbc to  consider switching to another bank. We are constantly being told that our loan offer is 'ready to issue' and there definitely isn't a problem with it/ no more documentation needed. Someone just needs to 'press the button'.
I have been hold at various occasions for up to 45 minutes at a time. No-one has responded here. The whole process has lead to terrible anxiety for myself and my partner and caused a huge strain in our relationship.
If you are reading this and are anywhere near the beginning of a mortgage application with KBC- get out now. In my experience they are unable to deal with mortgages. It is a bank unfit for purpose.
11.08.2020 15:43 #45
I will second all of the above been absolutely painful to deal with the last 3 months!! Only for their rates are so much better than what we are currently on wouldn't have any intention dealing with them.

We got AIP I reckon start of July at this stage and KBC had valuation report from us 13th July and still waiting for loan offer to be issued. One of the two authorisations for loan offer has been completed since end of July I have been told so from now until then still awaiting for loan offer to be sent out and every time I ring up to get some update just been told they are working on it and they are very busy (can understand that but still). So annoying can't speak to anyone in credit team who issues the loan offers or even get an email address although judging by mortgages probably little chance of getting a reply that way either...

Advise to anyone if 2 banks are offering similar rates and one of them is KBC go with the other one :pac: :pac:
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video