Ask KBC Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Over 3 Weeks to Process Mortgage and Over 1 Week Without Hearing From KBC

04.04.2016 11:18 #16
Originally posted by padyjoe
Well said hadoken13! I think KBC have wasted my time and opportunity as well. It's time to look for a new provider and forget them completely!

Hi padyjoe,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry you feel this way about the service you have received.If there is anything we can do to help please do not hesitate to DM me with your application number and phone number.

Thanks,
Jenni
05.04.2016 12:35 #17
Registered User
Thank you! Application number?? Should I have it! I have never been told any number or anything. Or at least you can tell me I'm not eligible for mortgage. It seems KBC still are more concerned about the corporate sector. I've choosen KBC because of their interaction with customers but behind the scenes not so sweet at all.
1 thank
05.04.2016 12:41 #18
Registered User
Originally posted by koriolis
Hi,

Like the others here, I'm waiting now for a Mortgage Application for close to a month now.
Our Mortgage Consultant has actually more than helpful but she can't really do anything.

And the main problem is that we are Sale Agreed on a house and the 21 deadline will be over in a few days and because there's already a queue for buying that house I'm sure the vendor will be more than willing to accept somebody else's proposal.

All I can feel is a overhelming sense of sadness and a terrible disappointment when we're on the verge of loosing what is the perfect house of our dreams because the bank we trusted is taking more than a month to come back to us with an approval in principle which other banks process under a week.

The mortgage approval process can take 2-6 weeks from any bank depending on circumstances.
I've never heard of anyone say 'under a week'. 
Why would you go Sale Agreed before you even got MIP?
You've let yourself into the trap to be fair and that's not KBC's (or any other institutions) fault.
13.04.2016 16:04 #19
My experiences also echo that of others.

KBC have lost most of the mortgage application paperwork we have submitted to them at least once.

In cases where we have submitted documentation, it doesn't seem to update across departments because one department accepts it only for another department to reject their particular aspect of the application because they say we never submitted the documents!

They accepted the required proof of ID for our mortgage application and then rejected our current account application because the exact same proof of ID was deemed not acceptable (?)

We have had to chase and push along the entire application process from our side from day 1 because it would just sit there otherwise.

Calls in are responded only with "We'll call you back", but said promised call backs never materialise.

All in all, a frustrating and extremely unpleasant addition to what is already a stressful enough process of purchasing a property.
1 thank
14.04.2016 09:54 #20
Originally posted by Kensington
My experiences also echo that of others.

KBC have lost most of the mortgage application paperwork we have submitted to them at least once.

In cases where we have submitted documentation, it doesn't seem to update across departments because one department accepts it only for another department to reject their particular aspect of the application because they say we never submitted the documents!

They accepted the required proof of ID for our mortgage application and then rejected our current account application because the exact same proof of ID was deemed not acceptable (?)

We have had to chase and push along the entire application process from our side from day 1 because it would just sit there otherwise.

Calls in are responded only with "We'll call you back", but said promised call backs never materialise.

All in all, a frustrating and extremely unpleasant addition to what is already a stressful enough process of purchasing a property.

Good morning Kensington,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry you've had this experience with KBC so far.

If you would like to PM me your name and contact number I can ask one of the team to look into this for you?

Thanks,
Jenni
14.04.2016 10:10 #21
Registered User
KBC have to be the most incompetent organisation I've ever dealt with. The only time I've ever got a callback, from the dozens of times they were promised, the person who called was rude and aggressive and hung up on me.

They have sent 2 letters today giving 2 completely different repayment amounts on the loan which was drawn down 3 weeks ago.
1 thank
14.04.2016 10:45 #22
Originally posted by McGaggs
KBC have to be the most incompetent organisation I've ever dealt with. The only time I've ever got a callback, from the dozens of times they were promised, the person who called was rude and aggressive and hung up on me.

They have sent 2 letters today giving 2 completely different repayment amounts on the loan which was drawn down 3 weeks ago.

Hi McGaggs,

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry that you never received a call back. If you PM your details to me here I will make sure that someone calls you to go through the issues that you are having?

Thanks,
Jenni
16.04.2016 20:40 #23
Kensington if I were you i'd be grateful that they lost your mortgage application and see it as a sign of how bad their customer service is. My advice go with another bank, even if KbC are currently offering you a slightly better rate. Once you are signed up they treat their current customers really poorly. They never reduce their variable rate for current customers. I've had numerous mistakes on my current account and even when KBC have admitted to an error that left me out of pocket it took them two months to give me my money back. 
19.04.2016 11:54 #24
Registered User
Originally posted by Amateurrunner
Kensington if I were you i'd be grateful that they lost your mortgage application and see it as a sign of how bad their customer service is. My advice go with another bank, even if KbC are currently offering you a slightly better rate. Once you are signed up they treat their current customers really poorly. They never reduce their variable rate for current customers. I've had numerous mistakes on my current account and even when KBC have admitted to an error that left me out of pocket it took them two months to give me my money back. 

I'd echo that feeling, 14 working days ago our application was handed in and it's sitting at the underwriters since Monday of last week and, despite allegedly having been marked as priority, it could be the end of the week before we get any update. 
And that was with me being a KBC customer and thus having all that documentation/proof of identity already sorted - I'd hate to think what it might be like if someone has to provide all that and had to be verified before going to the underwriters.

There are other banks who guarantee a decision within 5 working days - if we weren't interested in a particular house (with 2 other bidders, not that we can be a bidder until KBC sort us out), I'd be telling KBC to scrap our application and we'd take our business elsewhere.

For the KBC reps, I know it's not your fault.
I don't need a callback now, if the one we met about our mortgage isn't capable of doing it, I don't think anyone else can.
1 thank
28.04.2016 14:10 #25
Same experience here. The girl who was dealing with our application hadn't a clue. She confused a lodgment with a withdrawal so I didn't have high hopes for her after that.
1 thank
03.06.2016 23:10 #26
We started a switcher to KBC back in Jan/Feb and its still going on...requesting same information over and over, worst bank I have ever dealt with and that says a lot when you consider others...

Still no closer, we are looking for a small topup to carry out some works around the house and was told today I am going to have to get an architect cert filled by everyone we are getting to do works, which means I have to go to the person hanging blinds for us and ask them to fill in an architect from...

KBC, the bank of nightmares....staff haven't a clue............
14.06.2016 08:49 #27
We started a switcher to KBC back in Jan/Feb and its still going on...requesting same information over and over, 


I'm waiting now for a Mortgage Application for close to a month now.
Our local branch in Kilkenny has actually more than helpful but he can't really do anything.

And the main problem is that we are Sale Agreed on a house and the 2nd extension  deadline will be over in a few days and because there's already a queue for buying that house I'm sure the vendor will be more than willing to accept somebody else's proposal.

All I can feel is a overhelming sense of sadness and a terrible disappointment when we're on the verge of losing what is the perfect house 


are mortgage approved but waiting 3 weeks on cheque issue


nobody seems to want to take control of this and is being passed around.


Letter Of Offer ref-2080175/1 
18.11.2016 10:10 #28
We have sent an application form to KBC through a mortgage broker two weeks ago and we still did not hear anything back; we were told that it would take only 1 week max 10 days. We have everything in order and we did not get any update. I was about to switch my current account too to KBC but if this is their way to work I won't and I am thinking to send my application to other banks now. Even if they are busy I would expect an update or if there is something wrong they should tell us.
18.11.2016 10:39 #29
Originally posted by gessomi
We have sent an application form to KBC through a mortgage broker two weeks ago and we still did not hear anything back; we were told that it would take only 1 week max 10 days. We have everything in order and we did not get any update. I was about to switch my current account too to KBC but if this is their way to work I won't and I am thinking to send my application to other banks now. Even if they are busy I would expect an update or if there is something wrong they should tell us.


Hi gessomi,

Thanks for your message.

If you applied for a mortgage through a broker they will deal directly with us in relation to this application. For any updates on the application you will need to contact your broker as we cannot discuss this application with you at this time.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jenni
22.11.2016 09:29 #30
Registered User
On my second application, taking over one month now.

I don't know what's wrong (could be me not fulfilling the requirements or misunderstanding) but I feel I'm serving Kbc, at their mercy of having my mortgage procesed. Got an advisor or what ya call them, following the rules letter by letter, boy, no give, no flexibility, no help and if I wasn't asking is it ok now, I could have my application sitting there until the end of world!

My take on advising: getting a costumer, helping them through filling out forms, pointing out their mistakes,  keeping up to date and prompt communication, quick, knowledgeable. It's not happening. At least with Kbc.

Or are they not getting a bonus for every mortgage processed? They just don't seem to care. :-(

You'll be deep in my pocket for long years, should make me feel I'm getting served. Thanks!
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video
Remove Formatting
View source
Please Log In or Sign Up to join the discussion