N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Over 3 Weeks to Process Mortgage and Over 1 Week Without Hearing From KBC

15.03.2016 09:16 #1
We are applying for a first-time-mortgage, we first started the process on the 15th of February with the application going up on the system on the 17th of February. We have had to call our mortgage consultant almost every second day to see what the status is with the application as we don't receive any responses to our mails or any follow-up calls. It is almost a month now and the application is still being processed. The last correspondence was around the 10th of March and we have had to ring other KBC employees to get a status update on our mortgage. 

Is this how KBC operates all the time? We are starting to consider withdrawing our mortgage application and current account application as we can only surmise that all future dealings with KBC would be this slow.
1 thank
15.03.2016 10:33 #2
Hi hadoken13,

Thank you for your message.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. If you would like to PM me your contact details and the channel through which you applied for the mortgage (hub, online, sales team over the phone) I can ensure you get a call today about this.

Thanks,
Jenni
15.03.2016 12:01 #3
Originally posted by AskKBC: Jenni
Hi hadoken13,

Thank you for your message.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience. If you would like to PM me your contact details and the channel through which you applied for the mortgage (hub, online, sales team over the phone) I can ensure you get a call today about this.

Thanks,
Jenni

Hi Jenni,

PM sent.
16.03.2016 10:49 #4
This keeps getting worse. Should never have gone with KBC for our mortgage.

We have just been informed that after sending in all the details, getting mortgage approved, having valuation done and getting to letter of approval status that we have been assigned a new mortgage consultant. Now they are saying that we are back in mortgage approved in principle stage and they are requesting all our bank details, property details and will need to get a valuation carried out.

How incompetent are KBC!!!
1 thank
16.03.2016 15:42 #5
Hi hadoken13,

I'm sorry you've had this experience to date with KBC.
I have passed all your concerns on to our completions team who will be able to address the issues you're having.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks,
Jenni
18.03.2016 20:03 #6
Originally posted by hadoken13
Is this how KBC operates all the time?.

Pretty much in my experience. Telling you things have been done or balances cleared, and then they tell you they just assumed they were and nothing's actually been done.
22.03.2016 12:00 #7
Originally posted by McGaggs
Is this how KBC operates all the time?.

Pretty much in my experience. Telling you things have been done or balances cleared, and then they tell you they just assumed they were and nothing's actually been done.

Hi McGaggs,

I'm sorry to hear you have had this experience.

If there is anything we can do for you here, please let us know or send me a PM with your contact details and we can do our best to assist you.

Thanks,
Jenni
24.03.2016 10:16 #8
I think I'm the 3rd. Starting to think that KBC wasting my time. I was told I'd be approved in few days, now waiting for long weeks. I have everything in order, still nothing.
28.03.2016 20:37 #9
Yep. Re-occurring theme here. Still waiting.
30.03.2016 16:58 #10

Hi hadoken13,

I believe that our mortgage team were speaking to you with regards to the next steps of your application. Apologies for the delay.

If there is anything else we can help with here, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jenni
30.03.2016 19:43 #11
Hi,

Like the others here, I'm waiting now for a Mortgage Application for close to a month now.
Our Mortgage Consultant has actually more than helpful but she can't really do anything.

And the main problem is that we are Sale Agreed on a house and the 21 deadline will be over in a few days and because there's already a queue for buying that house I'm sure the vendor will be more than willing to accept somebody else's proposal.

All I can feel is a overhelming sense of sadness and a terrible disappointment when we're on the verge of loosing what is the perfect house of our dreams because the bank we trusted is taking more than a month to come back to us with an approval in principle which other banks process under a week.
30.03.2016 19:52 #12
I don't recall how long it took to get the approval in principle, but getting the loan offer out of them took weeks and lots of phone calls an emails. Then getting them to actually release the funds was another ordeal.
31.03.2016 11:57 #13
Originally posted by koriolis
Hi,

Like the others here, I'm waiting now for a Mortgage Application for close to a month now.
Our Mortgage Consultant has actually more than helpful but she can't really do anything.

And the main problem is that we are Sale Agreed on a house and the 21 deadline will be over in a few days and because there's already a queue for buying that house I'm sure the vendor will be more than willing to accept somebody else's proposal.

All I can feel is a overhelming sense of sadness and a terrible disappointment when we're on the verge of loosing what is the perfect house of our dreams because the bank we trusted is taking more than a month to come back to us with an approval in principle which other banks process under a week.

Hi koriolis,

Thanks for your message.

I’m sorry for the delay with this process. If you would like to PM me your reference number, name and contact number I will look into this urgently for you.

Thanks,
Jenni
03.04.2016 20:09 #14
Originally posted by AskKBC: Jenni

Hi hadoken13,

I believe that our mortgage team were speaking to you with regards to the next steps of your application. Apologies for the delay.

If there is anything else we can help with here, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jenni

Don't think it's gonna help Jenni.

Waiting over 2 weeks for the letter of offer. This is a disgrace, from first starting the mortgage application, we have been waiting almost 2 months. Word should go around more that KBC cannot handle the amount of applications they receive and they should just stop taking offers until they can - why bother offering lower rates when you can't handle the load?
3 thanks
03.04.2016 22:08 #15
Well said hadoken13! I think KBC have wasted my time and opportunity as well. It's time to look for a new provider and forget them completely!
1 thank
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon