Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Social Democrats Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Thursdays 15:00 - 16:00

Does the Social Democrats support the EU?

14.03.2016 20:54 #1
Would Social Democrats take steps to reinforce our commitment to the € or move away from being involved with other European Nations. I come from this as a person in my late 20's eager to remain part of the EU and trade with the rest of world provided by our membership. Would the Social Democrats agree with my view or take a different perspective?
15.03.2016 19:46 #2
Originally posted by KingBrian2
Would Social Democrats take steps to reinforce our commitment to the € or move away from being involved with other European Nations. I come from this as a person in my late 20's eager to remain part of the EU and trade with the rest of world provided by our membership. Would the Social Democrats agree with my view or take a different perspective?

I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be pro-EU, given the general outlook of European social democratic parties, but presumably would demand the same reforms and transparency in Strasbourg as in the Dáil. The independent MEP Nessa Childers seems interested in SD developments, judging by Twitter, so if the party's still in existence come 2019, they're likely to back her campaign in Dublin.
14.07.2016 18:13 #3
Given the time frame since the queation was posed, it appears that The Social Democrats are not commital.
14.07.2016 18:17 #4
Originally posted by Riva10
Given the time frame since the queation was posed, it appears that The Social Democrats are not commital.

Or they lack the volunteers to run this forum.
15.07.2016 07:06 #5
Originally posted by Saipanne

Or they lack the volunteers to run this forum.

Or the "liathróidí" to make a comment
15.07.2016 10:08 #6
Or the "liathróidí" to make a comment

Yes, whatever thought you hold is reality...
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video