Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Social Democrats Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Thursdays 15:00 - 16:00

Drugs Policy?

25.02.2016 00:00 #1
Hi. What is the Social Democrats' policy on drugs in Ireland?

Have you any thoughts or policies in regards to decriminalisation etc? How about full legalisation of any currently prohibited drugs? How about the current proposition from Aodhan O Riordain to introduce 'injection rooms'? Do you believe current penalties for possession and/or supply of drugs are appropriate, too severe, not severe enough?

Thanks.
3 thanks
06.03.2016 23:56 #2
Originally posted by Lisacatlover

Have you any thoughts or policies in regards to decriminalisation etc? How about full legalisation of any currently prohibited drugs? How about the current proposition from Aodhan O Riordain to introduce 'injection rooms'? Do you believe current penalties for possession and/or supply of drugs are appropriate, too severe, not severe enough?

Thanks.

Very good question, unanswered for over two weeks..
29.04.2016 19:36 #3
Originally posted by Piriz
Originally posted by Lisacatlover

Thanks.

Very good question, unanswered for over two weeks..

and counting
29.04.2016 19:40 #4
I would support any party, including this one, who brings about the end to "addiction clinics". There are enough addicts without centres where they actually recruit new addicts. It's a disgrace and they should be abolished
29.04.2016 19:57 #5
Originally posted by Sheep Lover
I would support any party, including this one, who brings about the end to "addiction clinics". There are enough addicts without centres where they actually recruit new addicts. It's a disgrace and they should be abolished

This comment is beyond stupid
3 thanks
10.05.2016 23:16 #6
I don't see anything in the SocDems manifesto about it, so that translates into 'no current position'.  My understanding of the current status (I'm a volunteer in a SocDem constituency branch) is that the current focus is on building our branch structure, building a national structure to address policy questions and preparing for the next election, be that in 5 years or 5 weeks.

There's quite a lot of detail in the manifesto about a range of policies, and enough detail to attract people together for more detailed discussion on other areas. It's not practical yet to have a policy on every other area since the party has no funding for any admin staff for co-ordination (in contrast, I've heard that Fine Gael have 9 media staff).

Again, this isn't any kind of official statement, I'm just a volunteer answering an old thread with my personal opinion.
25.08.2016 10:01 #7
I'm looking for a political party to join that supports decriminalisation and reform. 

Who are currently the most supportive party? And where/how can I get involved?

Thanks
1 thank
01.09.2016 20:25 #8
Originally posted by choons
I'm looking for a political party to join that supports decriminalisation and reform. 

Who are currently the most supportive party? And where/how can I get involved?

Thanks

I wouldn't join a party based on that one thing!! Most parties are seeing the benefit of decriminalisation presently.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video