Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Social Democrats Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Thursdays 15:00 - 16:00

Water charges

24.02.2016 02:24 #16
Originally posted by robdonn
Originally posted by stefanovich
Water charges are an insignificant nothing to me. USC on the other hand is raping me every month. Do you think the state getting more of my money than I do is right? You plan to thieve more of it. No thanks.

At no point have they said that they want more of your money. They want to use the money that you're paying to reduce your cost of living. High taxes are not a bad thing as long as the money is invested in a smart and advantageous way.

So "temporary" USC is now permanent and anyone who gets rid of it is cutting taxes irresponsibly? I reckon our tax money is being spent unwisely and things cost a lot more than they should.  Efficient public services is what we need, run like you would run a private company. Lots of wasters in the public service.
1 thank
24.02.2016 05:38 #17
SO MUCH WASTE!?!?  It drives me mad.  Everyone I know has a public service story of extreme wastefulness.  Be it a person that does no work and is never challenged on it, or some bizarre spending scheme that wastes a fortune.   Those things are so de-motivating to the hard working people that are all over the public service.  The good ones end up leaving out of frustration sometimes.

It's similar in Irish Water; not a cent of the collected monies being spent on water, all being spent on bill administration.  Why bother.
02.03.2016 13:43 #18
For anyone following this thread, we now have an answer to one of the questions that was raised.

The Social Democrats said they believe that people who had not paid should not be pursued and it was only fair that those who had paid should be refunded.

It would have been nice to get this information prior to the election, but at least this seems to be a 'fair' position, even if it turns out to be a very costly one.
1 thank
02.03.2016 13:59 #19
Originally posted by Phoebas
It would have been nice to get this information prior to the election, but at least this seems to be a 'fair' position, even if it turns out to be a very costly one.

Well considering they're pretty much the only ones refusing to cut the USC, they should have enough in the budget to do it.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video