Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Social Democrats Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Thursdays 15:00 - 16:00

Did Stephen Donnelly give up on the Finance, Public Expenditure and Reform Committee?

14.03.2016 09:01 #16
Originally posted by expectationlost
How many opposition amendments to legislation will be accepted by the government controlled Finance committee post the creation of the Social Democrats and this election?

How has the creation of the Social Democrats changed that problem?

I had specific question about attendance at the SIPO discussion, it seems to me they abandoned use of the Dail entirely in relation to coming up with anti-corruption policy again if he doesn't want to be involved in the national parliament he should quit. This is the question I emailed Stephen Donnelly about and still not been answered.

"They" didn't. Donnelly may have shrugged off some responsibilities, and I believe that you deserve a good answer to your question, but Donnelly is not "they".
14.03.2016 15:40 #17
Originally posted by robdonn
Originally posted by expectationlost
How many opposition amendments to legislation will be accepted by the government controlled Finance committee post the creation of the Social Democrats and this election?

How has the creation of the Social Democrats changed that problem?

I had specific question about attendance at the SIPO discussion, it seems to me they abandoned use of the Dail entirely in relation to coming up with anti-corruption policy again if he doesn't want to be involved in the national parliament he should quit. This is the question I emailed Stephen Donnelly about and still not been answered.

"They" didn't. Donnelly may have shrugged off some responsibilities, and I believe that you deserve a good answer to your question, but Donnelly is not "they".

_they_ launched a report on Anti-corruption weeks after the subject was discussed in an Oireachtas Committee where they could have asked SIPO reps about starting a specific Anti-Corrpution agency, an issue that was brought up at the meeting by Elaine Byrne, any TD can attend and ask questions at committee even if they are not a member, once the chair allows them to.

But to your point I think you are getting at, I counted number of committee meetings Stephen Donnelly and Catherine Murphy attended using the oireachtas xml which only goes back to mid 2012 http://oireachtasdebat...ByConstructedKey%29/ so had to hand count SD's attendance for 2011 and 2012 (and I only counted the Finance and PER commmittee) but have not yet counted those years of CM, but you can see (Co) Party Leader CM managed to continue to attend her committee in 2015

cmsd
2011?14
2012?24
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list