Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

15 hrs
Response Time
80%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

Kbc Mortgage Questions

04.02.2016 19:05 #1
Hi,
My parents have a mortgage with Kbc but not a current account with them.

They were wondering if it is possible to have an online view of their mortgage account?

Also they wanted to know if it is possible to overpay their current payments in order to reduce the term of the mortgage and if so how exactly do they do so?

Thanks.
04.02.2016 19:26 #2
One further question, I notice a third party authorization form on your website. What is this form for? Is it possible for me to get all the details of my parents mortgage and to help them to set up what they need?
05.02.2016 11:51 #3
Verified representative
Originally posted by Indestructable
Hi,
My parents have a mortgage with Kbc but not a current account with them.

They were wondering if it is possible to have an online view of their mortgage account?

Also they wanted to know if it is possible to overpay their current payments in order to reduce the term of the mortgage and if so how exactly do they do so?

Thanks.

Hi Indestructable,

Thank you for your message.

Our online banking facility does not include mortgage accounts at the moment. It is something we would hope to have a available in the future.
In order to increase the monthly repayments on a mortgage and reduce the term we need the account holder to complete a flexible repayment instruction. If the account holder would like to contacts us we can arrange for this to be posted to them.

Thanks,
Jenni
05.02.2016 12:07 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by Indestructable
One further question, I notice a third party authorization form on your website. What is this form for? Is it possible for me to get all the details of my parents mortgage and to help them to set up what they need?

Hi Indestructable,

A third party authorisation form would allow you to speak with us in relation to a mortgage your parents have, as long as this form is signed by all parties on the mortgage. This form does not allow you to make any changes or amendments but you can discuss the options and arrange for documentation to be posted to the account holder.

Thanks,
Jenni
08.03.2016 14:25 #5
Good Afternoon,

Im looking to get some advice regarding a joint mortgage i have with my ex girlfriend.
I have not lived in the house and for at least 6 years and have had to move home and rent whilst she covers the mortgage payments and has continued tio live there.Impretty sure the house, like most in negative equity currently. Going forward what option do i/we have to go our seperate ways and have my name removed from this in order to move forward with my life.

thanks
08.03.2016 15:48 #6
Verified representative
Originally posted by liam781
Good Afternoon,

Im looking to get some advice regarding a joint mortgage i have with my ex girlfriend.
I have not lived in the house and for at least 6 years and have had to move home and rent whilst she covers the mortgage payments and has continued tio live there.Impretty sure the house, like most in negative equity currently. Going forward what option do i/we have to go our seperate ways and have my name removed from this in order to move forward with my life.

thanks

Hi liam781,

To have your name removed from the mortgage we will need both parties on the mortgage to complete a “Transfer of Equity” form. If you call our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 they can arrange for this form to be issued to you.This application will need to be reviewed to ensure that the person to remain on this account can afford to make these repayments on their own.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jenni
08.03.2016 16:20 #7
Originally posted by AskKBC: Jenni
Hi liam781,

To have your name removed from the mortgage we will need both parties on the mortgage to complete a “Transfer of Equity” form. If you call our customer service team on 1800 93 92 44 they can arrange for this form to be issued to you.This application will need to be reviewed to ensure that the person to remain on this account can afford to make these repayments on their own.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jenni

If either us unable to pass and cover the mortgage repayments,what options is left aside from the transfer of equity which would be the ideal option??
09.03.2016 12:57 #8
Verified representative
Originally posted by liam781
Originally posted by AskKBC: Jenni
Hi liam781,

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jenni

If either us unable to pass and cover the mortgage repayments,what options is left aside from the transfer of equity which would be the ideal option??

Hi liam781,

In order to have your name removed from the title of the mortgage the other person remaining on the mortgage must be financially able to sustain the mortgage repayments.
The only option available is the transfer of equity process.

Thanks,
Jenni
01.03.2019 14:55 #9
Hi KBC,

Does your bank allow mortgage holders to pay their mortgage every two weeks rather than on a monthly basis?

Thanks
05.03.2019 09:16 #10
Verified representative
Originally posted by Youngpies
Hi KBC,

Does your bank allow mortgage holders to pay their mortgage every two weeks rather than on a monthly basis?

Thanks

Hi Youngpies,

Thank you for your post.

If you wish to pay your mortgage every two weeks you would need to set up a standing order to the mortgage account.

You can only pay your mortgage by direct debit monthly so a standing order must be set up to pay every 2 weeks.

To cancel your direct debit you can send in a signed written instruction to FREEPOST, KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.

The standing order can then be set up from your existing current account, you will need the bank details for your mortgage account so to receive this you can freephone customer service on 1800 93 92 44 or +353 1 664 6100.

Thanks,
Aoife

05.03.2019 11:02 #11
Hi Aoife

Just a follow up to the bi-weekly payments query. 

Do these payments go straight to the mortgage account or do KBC hold them until the end of the month and then pay it off the mortgage in one go? I know people on here have said when they receive their account number, it's an Ulsterbank one. So I'm wondering if you just hold the funds and pay monthly or does the fortnightly payment actually go against the mortgage?

There are more savings to be had if the money actually goes against the mortgage balance every 2 weeks.
Last edited by Wheety: 05.03.2019 at 11:21.
1 thank
12.03.2019 12:56 #12
Verified representative
Hi Wheety,

Thank you for your post. All payments made to KBC by bank transfers/Standing Orders are lodged to our account (this is indeed an Ulster Bank Account), these are then lodged to your account on a daily basis, we do not hold on to payments. The only reason for a payment not to be applied to your account straight away is if we do not receive enough information from the bank to identify you.  This usual only happens if a customer does not provide enough to the bank in the first place.   

Thanks,
Jason
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image