Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

37 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

View mortgage account and make lump sum payments online

03.10.2019 14:58 #61
You get a paper statement once a year & you can ring them anytime to get your balance.

You cannot view your mortgage statement online.
It may be something that becomes available in the future, but there is no commitment or timeframe from KBC for this so it won't be in the near future.

You need to change bank if this function is essential to your current mortgage needs.
11.10.2019 10:16 #62
When the PSD2 thing comes it, it might be possible then to see it? 

Or legally, they may be bound to allow us to see it? 

Who knows! :D
Last edited by The Ayatolla: 11.10.2019 at 10:28.
11.10.2019 10:27 #63
I have my KBC mortgage account number. 

I presume the sort code is the same as all KBC accounts: 990270

Based on this, you can get your IBAN here:
https://www.iban.com/calculate-iban

From here, just set it up as a beneficiary and transfer funds into it? 

Or am I over-simplifying it? 
11.10.2019 15:40 #64
Originally posted by The Ayatolla
I have my KBC mortgage account number. 

I presume the sort code is the same as all KBC accounts: 990270

Based on this, you can get your IBAN here:
https://www.iban.com/calculate-iban

From here, just set it up as a beneficiary and transfer funds into it? 

Or am I over-simplifying it? 

I wouldn't go sending money to it without confirming with KBC. You're better off ringing them.

As far as I know, everyone is given the same mortgage account number and sort code and this is an Ulsterbank account, not a KBC one. You then use your mortgage number from your statement as the reference. 

As I said though, check with KBC first.
1 thank
28.10.2019 15:19 #65
Hi,

I also have KBC current account, a savings account, and a mortgage account. I can see the first two online, but not the mortgage account. Why is this not available? I don't understand the rationale for hiding this from customers, forcing them to ring KBC customer service to find out what their mortgage balance is.
Adding my voice to the requests for making this available - is there a possible time-frame for when this may be available?

Kind Regards,
Cian McCarthy.
1 thank
28.10.2019 20:50 #66
If the mortgage account that KBC use is a unified Ulster Bank account, then that would explain the lengthy delay in accessing it via KBC app. 
29.10.2019 22:48 #67
If the mortgage account that KBC use is a unified Ulster Bank account, then that would explain the lengthy delay in accessing it via KBC app.

I'd guess this is the root of the problem, all right. They accept all lump sum payments towards all mortgages to the one Ulster Bank holding account. I'd be intrigued to know the genesis of that dreadful decision.
29.10.2019 23:28 #68
It's probably the same with all their loan accounts. None of them are visible within the app. The plot thickens :D
23.12.2019 18:17 #69
i just done a lump sum payment off my morgage with kbc... i went into one of their hubs with a annual morgage statement as it had my morgage # on it etc..took about 15 min to do... as the lump sum was over 15k so i needed to have a photo id (drivers licence), with kbc staffer i just filled out a withdrawal form that allows transfer into the ulster bank with your morgage as a reference.
ive also added the ulster bank iban to my online banking so i can make a 1k, 2k transfer now and then(haven't used the online way though), guess just ringing them to find the balance is still required..it would be great if i could see my morgage online just like how i see my credit card.
09.01.2020 22:06 #70
When the PSD2 thing comes it, it might be possible then to see it? 

Or legally, they may be bound to allow us to see it? 

Who knows! :D

unfortunately no. If bank does not offer service on its own online channel, it has no obligation to make the service available via open banking. KBC mobile/online banking though easy to navigate and looks good, is very basic. Other banks has more features in apps they designed 10 years ago.
04.02.2020 22:47 #71
Ok thread this just put me right off KBC.
Just in the process of opening up a current account and then switch mortgage.
Think I will stay with my current bank and/or look elsewhere.
05.02.2020 09:31 #72
Originally posted by somewhere45
Ok thread this just put me right off KBC.
Just in the process of opening up a current account and then switch mortgage.
Think I will stay with my current bank and/or look elsewhere.

Make sure you read plenty of the threads here to be well informed BEFORE you switch not afterwards like most.

see - https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057798459/4
Last edited by BronsonTB: 05.02.2020 at 10:17.
05.02.2020 12:06 #73
I have a great rate with KBC and pay extra each month. Not on an ad-hoc basis admittedly, I increased my monthly payment. I have to renew this every year so can change it if I want. Also, I if I send in a new payment instruction, it will supersede my current one. 

While it would be nice to be able to see the mortgage account online and make payments, why would you let this stop you, if you're getting a good rate? Would you be looking at your balance every day? I go through my annual statement when I receive it and then put it away. It doesn't change much month to month to be fair.

If you want to make ad-hoc payments, I believe KBC can give you instructions on how to make payments whenever you like.

Remember if you're on a fixed you can only pay up to 10% of the balance (at the time of fixing), without penalty. 
1 thank
12.05.2020 19:56 #74
Hi KBC, how are you getting on with making mortgage account visible on the App?
Is this available yet or if not, when will it be?

I was thinking about switching mortgage but all else being equal ,I'd give my business to the bank with visibility over the bank without.
1 thank
18.05.2020 16:07 #75
Good afternoon,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately mortgages are not yet available to view online and we do not have a timeline for when this will be available.

In the meantime, our customer services team is available 24/7 to provide any required information on all of your accounts. They can be reached directly on freephone on 1800 93 92 44 or abroad on 0035316646100

Many thanks,
Lauren-Anne
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image