Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

68 hrs
Response Time
67%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

View mortgage account and make lump sum payments online

13.12.2018 15:26 #46
Originally posted by AD333
Can you please confirm if this is still the process for one off lump sum over-payments? 

Customer services have now contacted me to say they cant process the flexible overpayment form that i submitted and to send them a letter\drop in to KBC hub with the instruction.
Or third option is to transfer the lump sum to a Ulster Bank account and and with my mortgage ref number and expect all to work.

Same thing happened to me last month. I went into the hub and was told to use the flexible form which had already been rejected by customer services. Ended up doing it via a withdrawal form and transferring to the Ulster Bank account with that. The guy in there seemed insulted that I wanted a photocopy of the form but it was the only record I would have of it happening so I got the copy! I requested a letter confirming it had come off the mortgage, they said that wasn't possible but it will show up in my next annual statement, and I since received a letter confirming it had left my current account, with no mention of where it had gone. Currently waiting on a mortgage statement in the post to make sure it has gone against that... it's not exactly user-friendly.
2 thanks
14.12.2018 13:15 #47
Verified representative
Originally posted by confusticated
Originally posted by AD333
Can you please confirm if this is still the process for one off lump sum over-payments? 

Customer services have now contacted me to say they cant process the flexible overpayment form that i submitted and to send them a letter\drop in to KBC hub with the instruction.
Or third option is to transfer the lump sum to a Ulster Bank account and and with my mortgage ref number and expect all to work.

Same thing happened to me last month. I went into the hub and was told to use the flexible form which had already been rejected by customer services. Ended up doing it via a withdrawal form and transferring to the Ulster Bank account with that. The guy in there seemed insulted that I wanted a photocopy of the form but it was the only record I would have of it happening so I got the copy! I requested a letter confirming it had come off the mortgage, they said that wasn't possible but it will show up in my next annual statement, and I since received a letter confirming it had left my current account, with no mention of where it had gone. Currently waiting on a mortgage statement in the post to make sure it has gone against that... it's not exactly user-friendly.

Hi Confusticated,

Thank you for your post.

The flexible repayment instruction form is for increasing payments on your mortgage account each month. It makes an amendment increasing your mortgage direct debit. I will pass along your feedback and your hub experience to the team. If you have not received a statement or letter confirming your lump sum payment to your mortgage we would be able to confirm if this has been issued out over the phone for you on 1800 93 92 44. You can request a statement at any stage over the phone or by email (customerservices@kbc.ie).  Alternatively if you PM me your best contact number I can arrange a call back for you to confirm we have received the lump sum payment?

Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us on 1800 93 92 44 (or +353 1 6646100 from abroad).
Thanks,
Louise
11.02.2019 19:55 #48
Well have kbc app developers made any progress on this or are they still browsing Facebook for 6 hours a day?
3 thanks
03.07.2019 12:33 #49
Can you update us on this please KBC?
1 thank
09.07.2019 12:42 #50
every now and again Boards hosts a 'now your are talking to [insert occupation]' 
would't it be fun if in the near future we had a day of ' now your talking to a KBC mobile banking developer' - just to get the inside scoop on what it is they actually work on.
4 thanks
10.07.2019 10:58 #51
Originally posted by magic_murph
every now and again Boards hosts a 'now your are talking to [insert occupation]' 
would't it be fun if in the near future we had a day of ' now your talking to a KBC mobile banking developer' - just to get the inside scoop on what it is they actually work on.

They seem very proud of that 'other banks' feature. Sits very proudly in the app even though I have no use for it. Won't be getting removed either, apparently.
1 thank
12.07.2019 12:34 #52
Originally posted by Wheety

They seem very proud of that 'other banks' feature. Sits very proudly in the app even though I have no use for it. Won't be getting removed either, apparently.

Nope - not getting removed. I got a PFO on another thread when asking about it.
I have yet to come across anybody that wants never mind uses this feature so to have it front & center and appear as a priority over all other accounts people use on a daily basis just makes zero sense
1 thank
12.07.2019 13:18 #53
Originally posted by Wheety

Nope - not getting removed. I got a PFO on another thread when asking about it.
I have yet to come across anybody that wants never mind uses this feature so to have it front & center and appear as a priority over all other accounts people use on a daily basis just makes zero sense

This must be what they have been working on for the last few years, prioritising it over features that people actually want. Now they're trying to pretend it's useful.
1 thank
17.07.2019 07:18 #54
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife
Hi Mugsymugsy,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that this is something we are currently looking at making available for KBC customers however I do not have a timeline for when this will be available. In the meantime, customer services are available 24/7 to assist with any query you have on your mortgage.

Thank you,

Aoife

Hi Aoife and co

Just wondering are we any closer as you confirmed a year ago it was something you are looking at. Hopefully all is progressing well.

Thanks again.
4 thanks
17.07.2019 13:57 #55
I would also love to see this feature implemented.
3 thanks
17.07.2019 14:05 #56
I would also like this feature
2 thanks
19.07.2019 22:03 #57
Just in the process of moving my mortgage to KBC, have they sorted the issue out yet? Be nice to see my mortgage account online!
20.07.2019 20:33 #58
Originally posted by paddyjoe183
Just in the process of moving my mortgage to KBC, have they sorted the issue out yet? Be nice to see my mortgage account online!

No. And they are obviously lying when they say it's in the works. It's been the same boiler plate response from them for - quite literally - years. I'd think twice.
2 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon