Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

63 hrs
Response Time
47%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

View mortgage account and make lump sum payments online

10.07.2018 09:39 #31
Brilliant. I've somehow construed to move to the worst bank in Ireland. Only one thing for it.
04.08.2018 13:44 #32
Just wanted to see how you are progressing since the OP first post 3 years ago. Hopefully it will soon be available online!
Thanks
6 thanks
08.08.2018 14:28 #33
Originally posted by mugsymugsy
Just wanted to see how you are progressing since the OP first post 3 years ago. Hopefully it will soon be available online!
Thanks

Hi Mugsymugsy,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that this is something we are currently looking at making available for KBC customers however I do not have a timeline for when this will be available. In the meantime, customer services are available 24/7 to assist with any query you have on your mortgage.

Thank you,

Aoife
08.08.2018 15:09 #34
3 years you've been "looking at making this available", stop lying.
5 thanks
08.08.2018 19:11 #35
Originally posted by AskKBC: Aoife
Hi Mugsymugsy,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that this is something we are currently looking at making available for KBC customers however I do not have a timeline for when this will be available. In the meantime, customer services are available 24/7 to assist with any query you have on your mortgage.

Thank you,

Aoife

Thanks Aoife that's really informative and great you are looking into doing something with this. I'll keep on waiting.
22.08.2018 15:59 #36
I opened the KBC app today to the following message: "Keep your eye out for our new app coming in the next few weeks".

Please tell us, finally, years after this thread was opened, that mortgage accounts will be part of the functionality of this new app
2 thanks
22.08.2018 16:50 #37
Originally posted by Ciaranis
I opened the KBC app today to the following message: "Keep your eye out for our new app coming in the next few weeks".

Please tell us, finally, years after this thread was opened, that mortgage accounts will be part of the functionality of this new app

Whilat we can hope what's the chances it's going to be a new music / dance sequence when the app opens
1 thank
24.08.2018 10:53 #38
Verified representative
Good morning Quango unchained,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately mortgages are still unavailable to view online. It is a feature we are hoping to have sometime in the future but in the meantime any information you require in relation to it can be provided over the phone.

Thanks,

Jason
24.08.2018 14:01 #39
Verified representative
Good morning Quango Unchained,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately mortgages are still unavailable to view online. It is a feature we are hoping to have sometime in the future but in the meantime any information you require in relation to it can be provided over the phone. 

Thanks,
Jason
30.08.2018 19:01 #40
What a let-down with that app. Another missed opportunity. KBC are slower than Mass
4 thanks
12.09.2018 07:07 #41
With the rate drops I was so set to move my mortgage to KBC until I read this thread. The idea of not being able to see my mortgage is crazy in 2018. 

But from reading the posts here it looks to me the reason they haven't developed this functionality is because they can't see your mortgage either. Once a year Ulster send KBC your annual statement. They stick it on headed paper and send it on. When you phone up they log on to Ulster bank anytime and read it off the screen to you. I fully appreciate that KBC can't embed another banks app in their own.

KBC is just a glorified Ulster Bank broker it would seem. Might be worth people cutting out the middle man
2 thanks
12.09.2018 13:03 #42
Originally posted by Q&A
With the rate drops I was so set to move my mortgage to KBC until I read this thread. The idea of not being able to see my mortgage is crazy in 2018. 

But from reading the posts here it looks to me the reason they haven't developed this functionality is because they can't see your mortgage either. Once a year Ulster send KBC your annual statement. They stick it on headed paper and send it on. When you phone up they log on to Ulster bank anytime and read it off the screen to you. I fully appreciate that KBC can't embed another banks app in their own.

KBC is just a glorified Ulster Bank broker it would seem. Might be worth people cutting out the middle man

Where did you hear this?
12.09.2018 14:29 #43
Originally posted by Wheety
Originally posted by Q&A

Where did you hear this?

The KBC mortgage holder, for overpayments, is given an Ulster Bank IBAN number for his payments. I think what the OP is saying about KBC being Ulster Bank's intermediary could be true.
2 thanks
09.10.2018 10:45 #44
Yes, the above does make sense.
I will seriously consider moving bank. I was very naïve when I took out my mortgage with KBC assuming they're online experience would be good.
There's no advantage with KBC. I could use the most basic kmortgage account in Ireland and then use N26/revolut/monzo for my day to day banking.
1 thank
13.12.2018 14:55 #45
Can you please confirm if this is still the process for one off lump sum over-payments? 

Customer services have now contacted me to say they cant process the flexible overpayment form that i submitted and to send them a letter\drop in to KBC hub with the instruction.
Or third option is to transfer the lump sum to a Ulster Bank account and and with my mortgage ref number and expect all to work.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video