Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

37 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

View mortgage account and make lump sum payments online

20.03.2018 16:17 #16
Verified representative
Originally posted by Quango Unchained
Has there been any progress made by KBC in making mortgage account details available online?

- Unfortunately mortgages are not yet available to view online and we do not have a timeline for when this will be available.
24.04.2018 08:55 #17
So I see you've updated the app but have neglected to take on board any of the requests to implement basic functionality relating to mortgage accounts, which your customers have been calling for for years. What a wasted opportunity
24.04.2018 17:29 #18
I also hoped that this feature would be added in the latest update. 

Ignoring this for this long really shows KBC don't want mortgages to be transparent to their customers. Yes you can call to get an update but why should we have to in this day and age? We should be able to see our Mortgage balance updated at least monthly so we can see how interest is being applied and what the impact is if we make additional payments.

The stock answer of we'll pass this on to our development team is actually no longer funny. I'd love an honest answer from KBC as to why this hasn't been implemented yet. What are the challenges and what steps are being taken to overcome these and bring online mortgage accounts to your customers? if this feature was being taken seriously there would be a high level time frame available. even if it was as vague as "this year" or "next year". 

With Ulsterbank being in the news today for money "disappearing" from peoples accounts this lack of visibility is a real concern, particularly when lump sum payments are made to an Ulsterbank account. 
2 thanks
26.04.2018 12:38 #19
It's a joke, KBC obviously have no intention of adding this feature, if they did we would either have it by now or have some credible reason why we don't. The "we're looking into it response" is a lie, you cant be looking into it or we'd have it, it's not complicated, just tell us you're not working on it and aren't bothered about it.
2 thanks
26.04.2018 16:05 #20
just waiting to return from holidays to switch to other better bank. Added to the problem mentioned here, the way my mortgage account is being handled is a disaster. The response for all my queries was with full rudeness.
1 thank
27.04.2018 10:33 #21
Verified representative
Hi fran426ft

Thanks for posting.

I can confirm this is being worked on in order to try and make this available for KBC customers. All feedback provided is regularly passed on to the development team to investigate future additions.
I am sorry we do not currently have a timeline to confirm when this will be made available but customer services are available 24/7 to assist with any query you have on your mortgage.

Thanks
Amanda
27.04.2018 10:34 #22
I asked this same question over 3 years ago

KBC were working on it and expected it soon

lol
2 thanks
30.04.2018 10:21 #23
The only sure fire way to get this implemented is to spam the call centre looking for mortgage updates. Once they see how much of their staffs time is being wasted answering basic queries that every other bank can answer online they won't be long in implementing it.
6 thanks
09.05.2018 21:16 #24
Originally posted by padraig.od
The only sure fire way to get this implemented is to spam the call centre looking for mortgage updates. Once they see how much of their staffs time is being wasted answering basic queries that every other bank can answer online they won't be long in implementing it.

What's funny is currently that's the only way to get updates on your mortgage when making overpayments.
2 thanks
25.06.2018 20:43 #25
Since KBC refuses to implement transparency on mortgages via online banking, can I request that a paper statement for my mortgage account be posted to me at regular intervals, say quarterly? I mean, your customers are inundated with unwanted paper on other accounts regarding routine electronic transfers etc - so how about sending statements that actually serve a useful purpose?
2 thanks
26.06.2018 10:41 #26
Originally posted by AskKBC: Amanda
Hi fran426ft

Thanks for posting.

I can confirm this is being worked on in order to try and make this available for KBC customers. All feedback provided is regularly passed on to the development team to investigate future additions.
I am sorry we do not currently have a timeline to confirm when this will be made available but customer services are available 24/7 to assist with any query you have on your mortgage.

Thanks
Amanda

Hi KBC,

Are you able to provide a target delivery date for this functionality now that it is finally being worked on?

Thanks,
QU
26.06.2018 12:57 #27
Verified representative
Originally posted by Quango Unchained
Has there been any progress made by KBC in making mortgage account details available online?

Hi Quango,

Thank you for your post.

This is a facility we are looking in to but we do not have a time frame on when this would be available, I do apologize for any inconveniences caused.  If you do require any further information on your mortgage account we can provide this for you over the phone on our free number 1800 93 92 44 or alternatively for statement requests or general query’s you can also email us on customerservices@kbc.ie.

Thank you,

Jenny
28.06.2018 21:21 #28
Any chance you could respond to my query? Many thanks
1 thank
07.07.2018 07:48 #29
This question has been going on for years. Bottom line is KBC have decided to ignore it in the redesign of their new app (The picture on the login screen makes the bank look very amateurish).

Time to provide feedback with your feet... https://www.ccpc.ie/co...ortgage-comparisons/
2 thanks
09.07.2018 10:15 #30
Verified representative
Originally posted by Ciaranis
Since KBC refuses to implement transparency on mortgages via online banking, can I request that a paper statement for my mortgage account be posted to me at regular intervals, say quarterly? I mean, your customers are inundated with unwanted paper on other accounts regarding routine electronic transfers etc - so how about sending statements that actually serve a useful purpose?

Hi Ciaranis

Thank you fro your post. Our mortgage statements are sent out automatically annually. We cannot send them automatically at more frequent intervals, but you can request and up to date statement at anytime by free phoning 1800 93 92 44, dropping into any of our hubs or by emailing customerservices@kbc.ie.

Thanks

Dean 
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image