Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Ask KBC Representatives

37 hrs
Response Time
100%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday to Friday: 9am - 5pm

View mortgage account and make lump sum payments online

14.10.2015 11:30 #1
Hi,

I have both a current account with online banking and a mortgage with KBC. Is there any way that I can add/view my mortgage account details via online banking? I'd also like to make lump sum payments on an ad-hoc basis to my mortgage online as well.

Regards,
Brian.
1 thank
14.10.2015 11:57 #2
Hey Brian,

Thanks for your post. We are looking into making mortgages available on online banking but at the moment it’s not possible to view your mortgage online. As regards making lump sum payments to the mortgage, if you call our mortgages customer services team on Freephone 1800 93 92 44 , they will be able to advise the options available on your account.

Thanks
Niall
31.12.2017 15:10 #3
hi

just wondering if 2 years later it is possible to see the mortgage details and balance online.

many thanks
2 thanks
02.01.2018 09:15 #4
Verified representative
Originally posted by zubinator
hi

just wondering if 2 years later it is possible to see the mortgage details and balance online.

many thanks

Hi zubinator,
Thanks for your post. We currently do not have the facility to show mortgage accounts through the online platform but this is something we do hope to introduce in the future. If you have any queries in relation to your mortgage you can contact the customer services team on 1800 93 92 44 at any time to discuss.
Thanks,
Claire
24.01.2018 15:37 #5
What is the hold up with this? 26 months ago KBC were looking into it, I'm certain you could have figured it out by now if you actually wanted to.
2 thanks
24.01.2018 18:55 #6
Yes, could we please get a detailed reply on this?

Other banks offer this as a basic service. It's not good enough to be repeatedly told that it's on the to-do list. What is the timeline?
1 thank
27.01.2018 12:03 #7
Originally posted by Arbie
Yes, could we please get a detailed reply on this?

Other banks offer this as a basic service. It's not good enough to be repeatedly told that it's on the to-do list. What is the timeline?

I would also like a real update on this matter
1 thank
30.01.2018 14:45 #8
Verified representative
Hi

Unfortunately mortgages are not yet available to view online and we do not have a timeline for when this will be available.
In the meantime, you can make lump sum payments into the mortgage holding account (details of which can be provided over the phone) online or on the app from a KBC current account by referencing your mortgage account number.

Hope this helps,
Amanda
31.01.2018 08:10 #9
I'd like to voice my frustration about the lack of basic services provided by KBC. For a bank with no branches, your online setup should be peerless. Instead it's considerably weaker than practically any other bank in Ireland. I'll be moving my mortgage at the first available opportunity.
3 thanks
31.01.2018 14:04 #10
Verified representative
Originally posted by Ciaranis
I'd like to voice my frustration about the lack of basic services provided by KBC. For a bank with no branches, your online setup should be peerless. Instead it's considerably weaker than practically any other bank in Ireland. I'll be moving my mortgage at the first available opportunity.

Hi Ciaranis,

I am sorry that you are considering moving your mortgage because of this but appreciate your feedback. While we don't currently have the feature to view your Mortgage account online, our Customer Service team are available 24/7 on phone, webchat, email & social media if you have any queries with regards to your account. Our Hubs are open 6 days a week, with our Blanchardstown Hub also open on Sundays.

Thanks
Amanda
05.02.2018 11:27 #11
Originally posted by Ciaranis
I'd like to voice my frustration about the lack of basic services provided by KBC.

Agree on this. It's a pity that mortgage account details are not available online.
4 thanks
06.02.2018 13:50 #12
Hi,
Agree with above posters, Mortgage account details should be made available at all times.
Thanks 
5 thanks
09.02.2018 14:40 #13
I'm also considering moving my mortgage from KBC to another bank because of this needlessly complicated process of simply making a lump sum payment off my mortgage. The cynical part of my brain thinks this process has been deliberately made complicated because you can make a lot more profit from peoples interest if they don't pay lump sums off their mortgage.

What really annoys or scares me is you force me to pay large amounts of money into an Ulster Bank clearing account with just my mortgage account as a reference number. Then this has to be processed manually and paid off my mortgage. Then because I can't see my mortgage account online, I have to call again to request a mortgage statement in the post showing the amount paid off.

What you should be aiming for, and I would appreciate if you could provide this feedback to whoever manages the mortgage department of KBC:
1. Allow your customers see their mortgage account as part of KBC online banking, just like current accounts or savings accounts.
2. Provide your customers an IBAN number for mortgage account where they can make payments directly to the mortgage account and view these transactions instantly online.

As moving mortgage is somewhat of a hassle I will see if this is implemented in 6 months, if not I am moving to another bank who don't have a stone-age online banking system.
5 thanks
13.02.2018 09:23 #14
Verified representative
Originally posted by Toby Esterhase
I'm also considering moving my mortgage from KBC to another bank because of this needlessly complicated process of simply making a lump sum payment off my mortgage. The cynical part of my brain thinks this process has been deliberately made complicated because you can make a lot more profit from peoples interest if they don't pay lump sums off their mortgage.

What really annoys or scares me is you force me to pay large amounts of money into an Ulster Bank clearing account with just my mortgage account as a reference number. Then this has to be processed manually and paid off my mortgage. Then because I can't see my mortgage account online, I have to call again to request a mortgage statement in the post showing the amount paid off.

What you should be aiming for, and I would appreciate if you could provide this feedback to whoever manages the mortgage department of KBC:
1. Allow your customers see their mortgage account as part of KBC online banking, just like current accounts or savings accounts.
2. Provide your customers an IBAN number for mortgage account where they can make payments directly to the mortgage account and view these transactions instantly online.

As moving mortgage is somewhat of a hassle I will see if this is implemented in 6 months, if not I am moving to another bank who don't have a stone-age online banking system.

Hi Toby Esterhase,
Thank you for your post. We really appreciate your feedback and I will absolutely pass it onto the development team for further review.
Thanks,
Claire
16.03.2018 13:35 #15
Has there been any progress made by KBC in making mortgage account details available online?
6 thanks
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon