Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Komplett Representatives

NAN hrs
Response Time
NAN%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Z77 Sabertooth

29.09.2015 11:15 #1
HI Komplett!

Great to see you're still on boards, goes along way with me in relation to ordering from you although I've been quiet of late.

Way back in 2012 I ordered a Z77 sabertooth off you. It came with a 5 year warranty. I'm trying to get ASUS to honour this but they seem to be punting me back to you. I'm quite familiar with consumer law in this matter but at this stage all I'm looking for is some help dealing with ASUS. Perhaps you could get on to them or give me a contact that might be able to help. At the moment I'm dealing with web forms.

Order number was VOR12030451

Unless you want to step in and offer a solution (such as a replacement board - don't really mind if it's a different one or sitting around the storeroom for years along as it works). If you do I will happily was lyrically about how uber you are!

Alternatively I'm after a mATX 1150 board for a project that might get you some nice publicity on the upgrades forum!

Good day and any help is appreciated.
30.09.2015 14:42 #2
Lads - are will still bothering with this forum?
05.10.2015 09:17 #3
Hi MarkAnthony,

Terribly sorry for the late reply, due to unforseen circumstances we were unable to keep up with Boards for a bit. But we're back now so to get straight to your question;

Asus provides a 5 year warranty as factory standard. It's what they advertise the product with as we, the seller, provide a standard 2 year warranty. It is very strange that Asus wants to point you to us seeing as it is Asus who markets these products with a 5 year factory warranty. If you could provide us with a PM or something including your messaging with Asus and their replies I'll have a look to see what we can do. They should honour their own product warranty ruling and thus should not be turning you away. Please also include your invoice or order number for me so I have that information at hand aswell. 

At the moment we do not have a suitable substitute so we'll have to see if we can perhaps get Asus to cooperate and process your warranty request with them. 

Best Regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
05.10.2015 09:17 #4
Hi MarkAnthony,

Terribly sorry for the late reply, due to unforseen circumstances we were unable to keep up with Boards for a bit. But we're back now so to get straight to your question;

Asus provides a 5 year warranty as factory standard. It's what they advertise the product with as we, the seller, provide a standard 2 year warranty. It is very strange that Asus wants to point you to us seeing as it is Asus who markets these products with a 5 year factory warranty. If you could provide us with a PM or something including your messaging with Asus and their replies I'll have a look to see what we can do. They should honour their own product warranty ruling and thus should not be turning you away. Please also include your invoice or order number for me so I have that information at hand aswell. 

At the moment we do not have a suitable substitute so we'll have to see if we can perhaps get Asus to cooperate and process your warranty request with them. 

Best Regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
05.10.2015 12:30 #5
Hi Kelvin,

There are are few issues there and a new one you could perhaps advise on please?

Under Irish law there is a limitation on claims of up to 6 years. It's fair enough that you have a cut off of two, but bear in mind that is open to challenge especially if the manufacturer is making a claim of 5 years and you use that specification without disclaiming it, but I digress.

Lisa has very kindly arranged for pick up of the board. As per your T&Cs on Komplett.ie you apparently warrent the board for the manufacturers warrnty period if it's longer than two years. Kudos to you and excellent service. Problems arise with that as you state there is no suitable replacement. I have an i5-3570K also purchased from you (at the same time rendering it part of the same contract) which is going to be of little use without a compatible board. Again I am perhaps digressing here.

Lisa has asked for all the cables to be returned with the product. That's an impossibility on a 3 year old motherboard. As I assumed the unit was going back for repair I have only boxed up the board. If it's coming back for a replacement - as indicated above, I might be willing to accept a Z97 board and absorb the loss on the CPU - could you let me know before close of business today so that I can download a list of accessories and go hunting for as many of them as I can find, which won't be complete.

While I realise some crossover may happen this has confused me a bit and hopefully you'll keep me well informed. I don't wish to come across as bolshie as you've been kind enough to RMA the board and reply to me here but any significant delay would fall foul of European Communities (Certain Aspects of the Sale of Consumer Goods and Associated Guarantees) Regulations 2003 or the equivalent of  Directive 1999/44/EC in your jurisdiction. Therefore at the outset I think putting a time limit on this of 28 days is fair for both parties. I'm sure a resolution will be forthcoming before the 3rd November however.

The last point I wish to make is ASUS make the point that all warranty claims are processed through the original seller. I find that odd - however unusually compliant with Irish consumer law - as when I've rarely had a component problem it's always been the manufacturer that has handled the RMA process. I only point his out as perhaps T&Cs with ASUS need to be reviewed, that is of course an internal matter for yourselves I merely point it out as you have thus far been very helpful to me.

My continued thanks and hope for a speedy resolution. The service I've had from Komplett over the years has never been anything short of excellent.
06.10.2015 01:41 #6
Kelvin,

No update ref cables etc. As boards is having a bit of a melt down let's extend this to COD today(Tuesday). If I hear nothing I'm assuming a board only return is fine.

Many Thanks,

Mark
06.10.2015 10:14 #7
Hi MarkAnthony,

Included are the motherboard, SATA cables, manual SLI bridge, two fans and the backplate for I/O. Also included are PCIe x16 slot covers. 

Regarding the replacement; Sadly S1155 motherboards are not that common anymore. We do not have any in our product line anymore in any case, No spares to speak of either. Perhaps we are able to get a replacement through Asus, though I have no high hopes on that a.t.m. If all else failes we can issue a refund or indeed a replacement board with a different socket. How that works out will need to be looked at as soon as we receive the motherboard. 28 Days should be more than sufficient if everything goes as it should, you should be contacted regardless as soon as we are able to process the return for a solution. We'll be offering a solution either way. In general terms, Asus should have no issue to offer support on the 5 year warranty but we'll be able to sort that out through ourselves.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
1 thank
06.10.2015 16:12 #8
Thanks Kelvin,

Apologies for jumping straight to the 'I know my rights' rubbish - I hate people doing that and then I go and do it.

Great service so far, although my knees are not thanking you for now having to go rooting around in my attic for the next hour but I'll find as much as I can!

The fact that you're even considering a refund after 3 years speaks volumes about your customer care, I'd be delighted with a 1155 mATX board and I'll try and find a use for the 3570K.

Thanks again,

Mark
07.10.2015 11:40 #9
Sorry kept saying 1155, I mean I'd be happy with an mATX 1150 board.
15.10.2015 22:33 #10
How are we diddling? You got the board Monday, sent me a mail on Wednesday and it's now rapidly approaching Friday.

An update would be nice :)
16.10.2015 10:59 #11
Hi MarkAnthony,

We've indeed received your board and are processing it for a swap as we speak. Since S1155 is indeed not available anymore we're looking into offering a suitable S1150 mATX board. Could you please confirm that the Harbor address we have on you is still correct? At the moment the return address is listed as our closed pick-up point in Blanchardstown. Will need to change that before we go and ship a substitute.

Edit;
We would like to offer you the following 1150 mATX board in replacement; http://www.komplett.ie...0429858/details.aspx
Please let me know if you would like to accept.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett webcare
16.10.2015 18:04 #12
Originally posted by Komplett: Kelvin
Hi MarkAnthony,

We've indeed received your board and are processing it for a swap as we speak. Since S1155 is indeed not available anymore we're looking into offering a suitable S1150 mATX board. Could you please confirm that the Harbor address we have on you is still correct? At the moment the return address is listed as our closed pick-up point in Blanchardstown. Will need to change that before we go and ship a substitute.

Edit;
We would like to offer you the following 1150 mATX board in replacement; http://www.komplett.ie/msi-z97m-gaming-socket-1150-micro-atx/20429858/details.aspx
Please let me know if you would like to accept.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett webcare

Absolutely delighted with that and with the service! Thank you very much!

I've PM'd you my new address in Dublin 5.
21.10.2015 10:08 #13
Hi MarkAnthony,

Sorry for the delay in replying but I was able to change the address and make sure that the offered board will be shipped this evening. Delivery should be within 4 business days. Again, apologies for the delay.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
1 thank
21.10.2015 12:54 #14
No problem at all for the delay, not in any rush.

Fantastic Service!
30.10.2015 09:12 #15
Hi MarkAnthony,

If everything is correct you should have received the replacement 3 days ago. I hope everything is in order and hope you'll be able to make use of the board for a long time. 

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list