Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
36%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Technical and Billing FAQs

25.02.2018 23:29 #46
Just a quick question I just checked my upcoming bill for February to March and I only signed up for Sky HD for €66 a month in January and when I checked my bill for this month is €96, not a hope I’m paying that much considering I’m only in this new contract 1 month and it’s supposed to be €66 for 12 months.

Thanks
26.02.2018 13:01 #47
Verified representative
Hi Autosport,

Thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to hear of the confusion surrounding your bill.

It sounds like it may be pro rata billing. This is where you pay 1 month in advance plus the period from when you went active to your billing due date.

Just to be certain though, I think it's best I give you a call and take a look at the bill and then discuss it in more detail.

All you need to do, is send a PM with your name, contact details and a suitable time you're free to take a call to Sky Ireland: Reps.

Please bear in mind that any PM sent after 5pm will be picked up the following working day between 1-5pm :)

Thanks,
Craig
08.03.2018 13:47 #48
Hi, account was suspended in Jan due to unpaid DD, now I have a letter wanting the outstanding amount (that's fair and will be paid) but also another months bill on top of that! This letter now threatening me with legal action is actually the first contact outside the original email in Jan that you have made, despite the claims that previous letters have been sent. Can you please explain this?
08.03.2018 14:55 #49
Hi Tyjazio,

Thank you for your post.

Sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I can certainly look into this for you.
Can you please send a PM to Sky Ireland: Reps with your full name, contact number and a suitable time for us to call you.
Please be aware, any PM's send after 5pm will not be picked up till 1pm the next working day.

Cheers,
Mark K
29.03.2018 14:06 #50
Hi,

Have a query around my bill. I cancelled Sky Talk/BB within 14 day cooling off period on 7th Mar.approx.However I received a bill from 24th Feb. to 20th Mar. for 64.08 euro - Will I be refunded in due course for portion I didn't use, when should this apply?

Thanks.
29.03.2018 14:42 #51
Hi coxy123,

Thanks for your post!

Usually in this scenario any payments that are made in advance for services then cancelled would be refunded in your next billing cycle, say when you were due to pay your next bill about a month later.

I can check your specific account for you and ensure this is the case if you send a name and contact number to Sky Ireland: Reps I’d be happy to give you a call.

All the best,

Louise.
29.03.2018 15:05 #52
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Louise
Hi coxy123,

Thanks for your post!

Usually in this scenario any payments that are made in advance for services then cancelled would be refunded in your next billing cycle, say when you were due to pay your next bill about a month later.

I can check your specific account for you and ensure this is the case if you send a name and contact number to Sky Ireland: Reps I’d be happy to give you a call.

All the best,

Louise.

Hi Louise,

I'll make a note and keep an eye out for it. Thanks. If still an issue next bill date I'll get back on to you.
17.07.2018 11:12 #53
Hi. Broadband shockingly bad. Has never been great since I got it but it’s gettjng worse and have had to use my data this week so it’s basically not fit for purpose. I followed the basic reset instructions online and tried changing channels but it’s still brutal. Can someone please assist? Otherwise I’ll have to contact comreg and cancel as I’m not paying for a service that sky are failing to provide. Thanks
17.07.2018 13:02 #54
Hi Maddylicious,

Thank you for your post to the Sky Ireland Boards page.

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems with your Sky Broadband service.

We would be more than happy to look into this for you.

Can you please send a PM with your details to Sky Ireland: Reps and one of our team will pick it up and contact you.

Please bear in mind, PM's sent after 5pm will be picked up the next working day between 1pm and 5pm.

All the best,

Carmel :)
23.07.2018 12:28 #55
I see my next months bill is going up. When do i cancel so i will not be charged a full month?
23.07.2018 13:00 #56
Hi seasideboy,

Thank you for your post to the Sky Ireland Boards page.

I am sorry to hear you are looking to cancel your Sky account.

Outside of your minimum term contract, we do require that you give 31days notice over the phone to cancel your account.

If you would like to send a PM with your contact details to Sky Ireland: Reps one of our team would be happy to give you a call and pass you through to the relevant department.

Please bear in mind, PMs sent in after 5pm will be picked up the following working day between 1pm and 5pm.

All the best,

Carmel :)
23.08.2018 11:22 #57
Hi,

I had to cancel my Sky account of 17 years yesterday due to horrendous customer service experience by a member of your call team, who I won't name online. My Sky box is faulty again and you isnsitr on me paying for a new box after SEVENTEEN YEARS. Absolute joke, I wasn't offered a refund for loss of service either and told to cough up money for a new box with no alternative solution. Can you advise of how to make a complaint and refund?

Regards,
Anthony
27.08.2018 13:02 #58
Verified representative
Originally posted by TheWatcher182
Hi,

I had to cancel my Sky account of 17 years yesterday due to horrendous customer service experience by a member of your call team, who I won't name online. My Sky box is faulty again and you isnsitr on me paying for a new box after SEVENTEEN YEARS. Absolute joke, I wasn't offered a refund for loss of service either and told to cough up money for a new box with no alternative solution. Can you advise of how to make a complaint and refund?

Regards,
Anthony

Hi TheWatcher182,

Thanks for your post!

I am very sorry to hear you have had a poor experience with a member of our Customer Service Team.

I'd be more than happy to address your complaint and investigate your account further. I kindly ask that you send a PM with your name and contact number along with a suitable time you're free to take a call to Sky Ireland: Reps.

Please bear in mind that any PM sent after 5pm will be picked up the following working day between 1-5pm.

Thanks,
Craig
27.08.2018 15:04 #59
PM sent.
27.08.2018 15:09 #60
Verified representative
Originally posted by TheWatcher182
PM sent.

Hi TheWatcher182,

Thanks for that!

I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Thanks,