Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

21 hrs
Response Time
41%
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Technical and Billing FAQs

17.09.2017 18:01 #31
Hi, is it normal for the sky q box to keep freezing, we have to restart it at least 3 times a day, it is getting very frustrating
18.09.2017 13:50 #32
Hi shelley4,

Thanks for the post!

Not at all, I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues. Sounds like we may need to book you an engineer. Can you forward a PM to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, contact number and best time to take a call before 5pm today?

Thanks!

Stephen
05.10.2017 14:59 #33
Hi,

I've recently switched Broadband & Phone from Sky to Eir, but looking at my Sky Bill (both current and future), a €30 charge for Sky Talk still remains.

Just wondering why this is, as it shouldn't be there.
05.10.2017 15:41 #34
Verified representative
Hi Silver Serpent,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that you are being charged by Sky after cancelling. This certainly shouldn't happen.

I'd like to get this sorted out for you. When you get a chance, please send a PM to our Sky Ireland: Reps account with your name, contact number and a suitable time to receive a call.

Please bear in mind, any PMs sent after 5pm will be picked up between 1pm and 5pm the next working day.

Cheers,
Sarah
03.11.2017 16:14 #35
Hi I am an eircom customer, I have sky sports as part of my sport package. Is it possible to stream live matches on my phone?

Thanks
03.11.2017 16:49 #36
Caveat Emptor
Originally posted by direstraits
Hi I am an eircom customer, I have sky sports as part of my sport package. Is it possible to stream live matches on my phone?

Thanks

If you download the Eir app you should be able to. I use it on my Android tablet with no issues.
03.11.2017 16:56 #37
Originally posted by tallus

Thanks

If you download the Eir app you should be able to. I use it on my Android tablet with no issues.

Thanks it doesn't seem to give me the sky sports option, only EIR & BT & ESPN
03.11.2017 17:19 #38
Caveat Emptor

Thanks

Maybe you're correct.. I never actually looked at the channels. I must check when I get home. I'll update here when I take a closer look.
1 thank
06.11.2017 13:42 #39
Verified representative

Thanks

Maybe you're correct.. I never actually looked at the channels. I must check when I get home. I'll update here when I take a closer look.

Hi direstraits :)

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have an active subscription you should of course be able to watch all the fabulous content on offer from Sky Sports.

I would recommend that you contact your current provider to seek further technical assistance if you continue to receive an error message.

Thanks,

Brian
08.01.2018 15:28 #40
Hi,

I would have a question regarding the final bill. Why do I have to pay for a period beyond 30 days notice? When I access the future bills tab I can see that I have a credit of 11.42,€ but however I do not see that this credit is visible on my final bill. Why can you not generate a new bill which will include this credit?

Thanks in advance,
08.01.2018 16:32 #41
Verified representative
Originally posted by tosito74
Hi,

I would have a question regarding the final bill. Why do I have to pay for a period beyond 30 days notice? When I access the future bills tab I can see that I have a credit of 11.42,€ but however I do not see that this credit is visible on my final bill. Why can you not generate a new bill which will include this credit?

Thanks in advance,

Hi tosito74,

Thanks for your post. If your last bill has already been generated within the billing period, any other credits will be applied automatically on to the next billing period.

Thanks,

Brian
16.01.2018 10:16 #42
Hi, 
We were on a fixed amount of €74 p/month for BB, phone and TV. I think it has been this way for about 12 months. In December this went to €80 and now this month I see €84 has been debited. What could be the reason for this, and what is the easiest way to get in touch about it? I don't see live chat as an option, and I have no intention of sitting on the phone on hold for hours. Also, I don't think we got any correspondence about this, I didn't think bill amounts could be changed without prior notice? 
Thanks 
16.01.2018 13:41 #43
Originally posted by Angelica Rocks!
Hi, 
We were on a fixed amount of €74 p/month for BB, phone and TV. I think it has been this way for about 12 months. In December this went to €80 and now this month I see €84 has been debited. What could be the reason for this, and what is the easiest way to get in touch about it? I don't see live chat as an option, and I have no intention of sitting on the phone on hold for hours. Also, I don't think we got any correspondence about this, I didn't think bill amounts could be changed without prior notice? 
Thanks 

Sounds like you had an offer for 12 months, same as all new customers.
1 thank
16.01.2018 15:53 #44
Originally posted by SortingYouOut
Hi, 
Thanks 

Sounds like you had an offer for 12 months, same as all new customers.

Thanks, yes I thought that, but surely they would have to give notice when they raised the price? 
17.01.2018 15:39 #45
Verified representative

Thanks, yes I thought that, but surely they would have to give notice when they raised the price? 

Hi Angelica Rocks!,

Thank you for your post.

What Sorting You Out has advised sounds correct. The full cost of your Sky subscription, after the initial 12 month offer would have been advised on the original sales call when you were signing up.

Kind regards,

Lynn
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image