Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Technical and Billing FAQs

09.01.2020 15:21 #136
Hi, 
My mother has been a sky customer for the fhe past 25 years plus, what she wanted to know was can she get a paper bill in the post so she can't pay it in the post office?  She called sky and the person on the phone said no they can't do this and if she can't find an alternative way to receive and pay the bill she will be cut off. 
09.01.2020 16:34 #137
Verified representative
Originally posted by galwayllm
Hi, 
My mother has been a sky customer for the fhe past 25 years plus, what she wanted to know was can she get a paper bill in the post so she can't pay it in the post office?  She called sky and the person on the phone said no they can't do this and if she can't find an alternative way to receive and pay the bill she will be cut off. 

Hi galwayllm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Unfortunately, you are unable to pay your Sky bills in the post office. The payment would need to be via direct debit or continuous card. Your mother in law could always pay a small amount each week with us over the phone if this suited better.

Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,
Jenny
09.01.2020 17:12 #138
Hi. 

She is an old lady now and does not have a card, and only ever paid her bill through bank/post office.  

I'll will let her know, so it looks like unfortunately she will have to lose sky.

Thanks for the info
09.01.2020 21:09 #139
Hi. 

She is an old lady now and does not have a card, and only ever paid her bill through bank/post office.  

I'll will let her know, so it looks like unfortunately she will have to lose sky.

Thanks for the info

Just out of curiosity was she able to pay at the PO up until now and if so what changed or how did that arrangement change?
09.01.2020 22:18 #140
Originally posted by muffler
Hi. 

Thanks for the info

Just out of curiosity was she able to pay at the PO up until now and if so what changed or how did that arrangement change?

As far as I'm aware up until a few mths ago she was paying with paper bill to the PO/bank then she gave someone with a card, as she does not have one to pay for her monthly.  This has changed now and the only way she can pay is by cash in person. 
1 thank
10.01.2020 13:13 #141
Verified representative
Hi. 

Thanks for the info

As far as I'm aware up until a few mths ago she was paying with paper bill to the PO/bank then she gave someone with a card, as she does not have one to pay for her monthly.  This has changed now and the only way she can pay is by cash in person. 

Hi galwayllm,

Thanks for getting in touch with us again.

We haven't changed how we accept payments recently. Customers also haven't been able to make payments in the post office with paper bills with Sky in years.

Has your mother in-law recently changed or closed her bank account?

Thanks,
Jenny
10.01.2020 20:42 #142
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Jenny
Hi. 

Thanks for the info

Hi galwayllm,

We haven't changed how we accept payments recently. Customers also haven't been able to make payments in the post office with paper bills with Sky in years.

Thanks,
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I'm sure she paid in cash not so long ago.  Then her other daughter in law paid her bill on her card for her.  Now she is moving away and can't do so anymore.  

She has not changed her account, she just doesn't have a card or is willing to get one.  She wants to ho back to paying with the paper bill in cash.  

I'll let her know this is not possible anymore, and try to find an alternative or just lose sky, she has been a solid customer for over 25years I'm sure. 
13.01.2020 15:10 #143
Verified representative
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Jenny
Hi. 

Thanks for the info

Hi galwayllm,

Thanks,
Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I'm sure she paid in cash not so long ago.  Then her other daughter in law paid her bill on her card for her.  Now she is moving away and can't do so anymore.  

She has not changed her account, she just doesn't have a card or is willing to get one.  She wants to ho back to paying with the paper bill in cash.  

I'll let her know this is not possible anymore, and try to find an alternative or just lose sky, she has been a solid customer for over 25years I'm sure. 

Hi galwayllm,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

Maybe have a chat with your mother in law and see how her bills were paid previously. As advised its been a very long time since you could make a payment with cash in the post office for Sky bills.

If the bank account is staying the same and just doesn't have a debit card, we would be able to get up a direct debit?

Thanks,
Jenny
26.02.2020 12:42 #144
Hi, I cancelled my broadband with Sky but renewed the sky tv package for another 12 months. I got a letter saying i had to return my sky equipment or else id be charged. I assumed it was for the broadband router so i returned it with the packaging and labels sent out. Now im getting emails to say to say i still have  to return my sky box or else ill be charged €40. How can i return it if i signed up for another 12 months of sky tv?  
26.02.2020 13:13 #145
Verified representative
Originally posted by FlicFlak
Hi, I cancelled my broadband with Sky but renewed the sky tv package for another 12 months. I got a letter saying i had to return my sky equipment or else id be charged. I assumed it was for the broadband router so i returned it with the packaging and labels sent out. Now im getting emails to say to say i still have  to return my sky box or else ill be charged €40. How can i return it if i signed up for another 12 months of sky tv?  

Hey Flicflak,

Thanks for your post.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. Just PM your details to Sky Ireland: Reps and I can contact you directly.

Thanks,
Jenny
13.03.2020 16:24 #146
Hi Have no signal, have gone through the signal check and no joy. Have tried ringing on 4 occasions today but after roughly 90 minutes of wait time I gave up. Not sure if I could be bothered with the repair. Can you contact me on this matter please, extremely unhappy with this.
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video