Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Sky Ireland Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 1pm-5pm

Technical and Billing FAQs

26.08.2015 14:53 #1
Hi everyone,

See below some links to useful articles that may be able to assist you with any issues you may be experiencing.

Billing

Understanding your bill

http://help.sky.com/articles/understanding-your-bill-roi?product=account&country=ie

TV issues

Box stuck on standby

http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-box-stuck-on-standby?product=sky-tv&country=ie

Problems with recordings and/or planner

http://help.sky.com/articles/problems-with-your-recordings-and-planner?product=sky-tv&country=ie

No satellite signal

https://diagnostics.sky.com/no-satellite-signal/

Problems with On Demand

https://tv.help.sky.com/ondemand/fix/

Change PIN

http://help.sky.com/articles/your-sky-tv-pin?product=sky-tv&country=ie

Viewing card on screen messages

http://help.sky.com/articles/wrong-viewing-card-error-message?product=sky-tv&country=ie

TV picture issues

http://help.sky.com/articles/fix-problems-with-your-tv-picture?product=sky-tv&country=ie

Sky Go

Set up a Sky Go account

http://help.sky.com/articles/get-started-with-sky-go?product=sky-go&country=ie

Sky Go error messages

http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-go-error-messages-on-your-computer?product=sky-go&country=ie

Forgotten username and/or password

http://help.sky.com/articles/forgotten-username-or-password?product=sky-go&country=ie

Sky Broadband

Slow speeds, intermittent connection and any other broadband issues

http://broadband.diagnostics.sky.com/

Sky Talk

No dial tone, noise on the line and any other phone issues

http://help.sky.com/articles/fix-problems-with-your-phone?product=sky-talk&country=ie
1 thank
12.11.2015 18:47 #2
Caveat Emptor
I have a billing issue...signed up with sky "for the great price of €29.99" for 12 months, only to get a price rise letter today. 

It's only .50c per bill but I signed up for 29.99euro for 12 months. Feels like I have been lied to. I won't be renewing the contract when  it runs out.
13.11.2015 13:25 #3
Hi tallus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. I understand your frustration with the increase in cost of your Sky subscription. In order to ensure we can continue to provide the best quality content and service the price of your Sky package is subject to review from time to time.

Within your minimum term your TV/Sky+/Sky HD and Multiscreen prices may increase once by up to 10%. We advise customers of this prior to completing any order and endeavour to limit any price increase to reduce the impact on our valued customers. On this occasion we have limited the increase on our original package to 1.7% from €29 to €29.50.

I hope this helps to in someway explain the reasoning behind this decision.

Thanks,
Eoghan
13.11.2015 18:32 #4
Caveat Emptor
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Eoghan
Hi tallus,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. I understand your frustration with the increase in cost of your Sky subscription. In order to ensure we can continue to provide the best quality content and service the price of your Sky package is subject to review from time to time.

Within your minimum term your TV/Sky+/Sky HD and Multiscreen prices may increase once by up to 10%. We advise customers of this prior to completing any order and endeavour to limit any price increase to reduce the impact on our valued customers. On this occasion we have limited the increase on our original package to 1.7% from €29 to €29.50.

I hope this helps to in someway explain the reasoning behind this decision.

Thanks,
Eoghan

Hi Eoghan, 

Thanks for your reply. I got the same information more or less on the letter I received yesterday.  I don't recall being informed of a 10% price increase over the course of the contract because I would have not signed up if that was the case. 
Thanks again. Still not happy with being charged more than the agreed amount but that's life. I just won't be renewing next August when the contract runs out. 
Regards
13.01.2016 21:10 #5
i signed up for sky package in december and my install date was just before christmas, i live in a housing estate here since 60s and supplied a address with postcose, i dont have good phone reception, engineer txt hed arrived next morning, so i took day off waited all day, i rang back on number engineer says o i coildnt find house and tried to ring and u had no reception i will ring my boss to contact u! guess what no one rang and no tv for christmas, rang sky o ye they said next sat someone come, no one came no txt nothing, i then i get from sky by email when i complain that nothing i got email to say im in a isolated area, im 3 kms from cw town and in a housing estate here since 60,s , i used a old dish and box in house and activated card, it keeps loosing reception and i have been charged now twice by sky, i intend cancel direct debit and send card back now, as sky are in breach of contract, they would rather use crap contractors and not belive a customer when they tell the truth
14.01.2016 15:36 #6
Originally posted by waylander2002
i signed up for sky package in december and my install date was just before christmas, i live in a housing estate here since 60s and supplied a address with postcose, i dont have good phone reception, engineer txt hed arrived next morning, so i took day off waited all day, i rang back on number engineer says o i coildnt find house and tried to ring and u had no reception i will ring my boss to contact u! guess what no one rang and no tv for christmas, rang sky o ye they said next sat someone come, no one came no txt nothing, i then i get from sky by email when i complain that nothing i got email to say im in a isolated area, im 3 kms from cw town and in a housing estate here since 60,s , i used a old dish and box in house and activated card, it keeps loosing reception and i have been charged now twice by sky, i intend cancel direct debit and send card back now, as sky are in breach of contract, they would rather use crap contractors and not belive a customer when they tell the truth

Hi waylander2002,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with getting your Sky installed.

I would like to look into this for you and get your issue resolved.

Can you please PM Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, contact number and a suitable time to call you and I will be in touch. Please bear in mind that any PM's sent after 5pm will be picked up the following working day.

Kind regards,
Aoife
04.02.2016 10:28 #7
I have a spare LNB cable in a second room  . Is it possible for me to order SKY multiroom and, fit it myself without incurring an installation charge.
04.02.2016 15:22 #8
Verified representative
Originally posted by fernrock
I have a spare LNB cable in a second room . Is it possible for me to order SKY multiroom and, fit it myself without incurring an installation charge.

Hi fernrock,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible for you to order Sky multiroom and install it yourself. However, when an engineer arrives to install the second Sky box he will do a full health check on your Sky Dish. He will also install a second cable should one be required for you to able to watch one programme and record another at the same time. If you could please Pm Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, contact number and a suitable time to call you and I will look into your Sky account to see what options are available to you. Please bear in mind that any PM's sent after 5pm will be picked up the following working day.

Kind regards,

Lynn
20.02.2017 14:48 #9
Hi, My stupid kids rented the same movie(trolls) twice within a few hours even though the first one was still available for 24hrs. will i be charged for both. ty
20.02.2017 16:33 #10
Verified representative
Originally posted by tmabr
Hi, My stupid kids rented the same movie(trolls) twice within a few hours even though the first one was still available for 24hrs. will i be charged for both. ty

Hi tmabr,

Can you please send a pm to Sky Ireland: Reps with your name, contact number and a suitable time you would be available to take a call and I will look further into your query. Please bear in mind anything posted after 5pm will not be picked up until the next working day.

Kind regards,

Lynn
06.03.2017 13:39 #11
Setting up Sky for a relative and there are problems / drops - not there now. 

TV - SKYQ
Broadband - Vodafone Broadband 

Q1 - Can the main box / mini boxs be connected to different SSIDs.  
Its a large house and we have Tplink SSIDs and the main router SSID is different - Do they have to be the same SSID or does it make no odds? 

Q2 - If I can connect the main sky box direct to the voda router via a NON wireless powerline adapter should I.  Or should I choose a wireless Broadband connection? 

Thanks
06.03.2017 16:03 #12
Hi worded,

Thanks for your post.

The Sky Q boxes must be connected using the same SSID. However, if the service is being used in a larger household, then the engineer would be able to setup wireless boosters where appropriate to increase connectivity and provide the best possible service.

In relation to your other query, Sky Q box is automatically setup to be used wirelessly, but can be used with a wired connection depending on where and how the Vodafone router is setup.

A service engineer would be able to suitably advise on both queries depending on the setup within the home and what would work best.

If you require any further assistance, you can find us here on Boards or you can contact our Dublin support centre on 0818 719 819, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Michael
07.03.2017 22:03 #13
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Michael
Hi worded,

Thanks for your post.

The Sky Q boxes must be connected using the same SSID. However, if the service is being used in a larger household, then the engineer would be able to setup wireless boosters where appropriate to increase connectivity and provide the best possible service.

In relation to your other query, Sky Q box is automatically setup to be used wirelessly, but can be used with a wired connection depending on where and how the Vodafone router is setup.

A service engineer would be able to suitably advise on both queries depending on the setup within the home and what would work best.

If you require any further assistance, you can find us here on Boards or you can contact our Dublin support centre on 0818 719 819, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Michael

Thanks.

There was an old voda router and the Main box remembers its SSID 
There is now a new router - the main box wont forget the old SSID - how do I get the Main sky box to forget the old SSID and connect to the new? 

Tried network settings > and it seems locked to it.  I end up in a loop and its back to the phantom SSID   

Does the main box have to be reset?  By doing so will I loose all of the recorded TV progs? 
I can see any other way to do it. 

Resetting all the satelites worked in getting it to forget the old SSID - any other option for the main box? 

08.03.2017 15:33 #14
Originally posted by worded
Originally posted by Sky Ireland: Michael
Hi worded,

Thanks for your post.

Kind regards,
Michael

Thanks.

There was an old voda router and the Main box remembers its SSID 
There is now a new router - the main box wont forget the old SSID - how do I get the Main sky box to forget the old SSID and connect to the new? 

Tried network settings > and it seems locked to it.  I end up in a loop and its back to the phantom SSID   

Does the main box have to be reset?  By doing so will I loose all of the recorded TV progs? 
I can see any other way to do it. 

Resetting all the satelites worked in getting it to forget the old SSID - any other option for the main box? 

Hi worded,

Thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear your having trouble connecting to a new SSID.

It might be a case were you need to reset the settings in the box but don't worry, this will not delete any of your existing recordings. Please find below, I have listed some steps to follow in order for you to reset the settings.

1. Press the home button on your Sky Remote.
2. Scroll down to "settings" and highlight it but don't press select.
3. On your remote, press 0,0,0,1 and press select. You should see a new menu with a notification on top of your screen, advising, only change these settings if instructed by Sky.
4. Choose "Reset"
5. Then choose "Reset Hardware Settings".
You will see a warning sign advising this action cannot be reversed and you will then be asked to confirm this action.
6. Press "Select" to confirm.
Your box will now restart. Once the box has restarted, you should then be able to setup your network connection again.

I hope this information has helped. If you require any further assistance, please call us on 0818 719 819 and a member of our Customer Support Team will be more than happy to take your call and assist you. Alternatively, you can PM Sky Ireland: Reps and we will be in touch. Please be aware that any posts or PM's after 5pm are picked up the following working day.

Thanks,
Fallon
13.03.2017 12:46 #15
dont know if this is right place but anyway i didnt pay my sky bill a while back and was cut off eventually i got the money to pay it plus an extra 10 euro but anyway i got this months bill and it is double and wondering why surely your not charging me for while i was cut off
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list
Insert an image
Insert an emoticon
Insert a YouTube video