Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

Komplett Representatives

N/A
Response Time
N/A
Response Rate

We're online:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm

Lenovo Yoga 3 14" Return Procedure

24.08.2015 15:57 #1
Hi, I've been in touch with Lenovo in relation to a known hardware fault with the laptop whereby the touch is constantly recording touch inputs when the screen is not being touch. I followed their procedure by reinstalling OS again with no success. They said that it can be returned to supplier for a refund. What is the procedure for the return of the laptop. Thanks.
24.08.2015 16:05 #2
It sounds like you have to take it back to where you bought it.

Can you tell me what you mean by constantly recording touch inputs when the screen is not being touched?
I have had one for 2 months and My touchscreen sometimes does not work for a while. It could be settings or something I'm doing. I'll go and get it checked when the kids are back to school. I'm interested to hear your problems with the device.

Apart from this I love it.  
24.08.2015 16:25 #3
Originally posted by tina1040
It sounds like you have to take it back to where you bought it.

Can you tell me what you mean by constantly recording touch inputs when the screen is not being touched?
I have had one for 2 months and My touchscreen sometimes does not work for a while. It could be settings or something I'm doing. I'll go and get it checked when the kids are back to school. I'm interested to hear your problems with the device.

Apart from this I love it.  

I purchased from Komplett but the number provided on the invoice is not working, thus contacting them on this forum. This article will show what it looks like, but when working on a document or photoshop it's very frustrating. There is a comprehensive thread on lenovo about the issue.
25.08.2015 08:08 #4
Hi F. Galway,

Unfortunate to read that your Yoga 3 is having issues. You can find our return policy on the following page; https://support.komple...-product-to-Komplett

Ofcourse we'll do our best to have it sorted out as soon as possible. Normal procedure is as outlined on the following page; https://support.komple...A-has-been-collected

In this case we will offer the item for repair to Lenovo, if they then state that it is unrepairable a swap or refund will be offered. We will not be able to offer a refund untill Lenovo has officialy stated that the item is unrepairable. The usual go-through time for a full repair is on average 3-4 weeks. If the item is deemed unrepairable it will ofcourse be a bit shorter but will still take time to process the refund or provide in a swap.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
25.08.2015 12:15 #5
Originally posted by Komplett: Kelvin
Hi F. Galway,

Unfortunate to read that your Yoga 3 is having issues. You can find our return policy on the following page; https://support.komplett.ie/hc/en-us/articles/202781242-Returning-a-product-to-Komplett

Ofcourse we'll do our best to have it sorted out as soon as possible. Normal procedure is as outlined on the following page; https://support.komplett.ie/hc/en-us/articles/202853541-After-your-RMA-has-been-collected

In this case we will offer the item for repair to Lenovo, if they then state that it is unrepairable a swap or refund will be offered. We will not be able to offer a refund untill Lenovo has officialy stated that the item is unrepairable. The usual go-through time for a full repair is on average 3-4 weeks. If the item is deemed unrepairable it will ofcourse be a bit shorter but will still take time to process the refund or provide in a swap.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare

Hi Kelvin, 

Thank you for replying so soon, the unit is used as my daily business unit so to be without it for 3-4 weeks would be unacceptable. My business is heavily reliant on fully functional computers, something that this unit is not. The issue was raised with Lenovo Call Centre whereby the fault is a known issue and if after reinstall of OS the issue remains, it is deemed a hardware fault. 

The thread on Lenovo's site details the countless units with the same fault all without an effective resolution. A replacement of the unit won't guarantee that the issue will not arise again as this is what has happened to us already with another unit.  

At present there are four units within our office, one has been replaced through another company but it is having the same issues as previous unit and the other two are being returned also for same issues. As the unit is already deemed to have a hardware fault by Lenovo Call Centre can it be returned to them and a credit issued to the purchase of a new laptop rather than a swap as we are all changing from this unit due to this issue. 

If you cannot make this decision can you please escalate this issue with your supervisor please.
31.08.2015 16:28 #6
Hi I am still waiting for a reply to this matter as there is no answer from the contact number provided on your site.
01.09.2015 07:37 #7
Hi F. Galway,

My apologies, it appears we missed your last reply. I'll be sure to have a talk regarding your request and get back to you a little later with an answer.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
01.09.2015 16:48 #8
Unfortunately I was unable to get confirmation of your request. Sadly we need to get an official statement from Lenovo as they have not yet stated the issue as an official wide spread problem and valid for refund. We need to receive the product first and check, then have a talk with Lenovo and see what they say.

I'm sorry but we are not able to deviate from the initial regular procedure in this case, eventhough the issue does happen with other owners. Normal procedure would imply a repair as valid, as we do not have the option of fast tracked business support for business users nor do we have special agreements regarding your day to day business. We do however understand the very unfortunate situation and will do our utmost best to have the issue resolved in any way we can, as soon as we can.

Please follow the standard procedure as outlined in a previous message, we'll do our best to cut corners once we receive the product and had a talk with Lenovo, but I cannot give any promisses up front. My apologies I could not provide in the desired outcome, hoping on your understanding.

Best regards,

Kelvin
Komplett Webcare
Reply to thread
Bold
Italic
Underline
Strikethrough
Align left
Center
Align right
Bullet list